• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

UMass fans nicknamed him "Gronkflower" FWUW.

ehhh

Nonathletic (maybe average athlete) TE who is better known for his blocking? Seems like we have about 2 or 3 of those guys already on the roster.

But hey, its the 7th round

Bryant and Blanchflower were probably the two least surprising picks. I could add Tuitt to that group as well.

Wow. Packers load up on WR. Davonte Adams, Abberderis, and now Jeff Janis as a developmental speed guy. Abberderis will be great in that system as a #2 or 3 option.

If I'm being honest, it's one of the better day 3 drafts I can remember liking. I've been in/out with kids baseball/t-ball a lot today so I still have to study who was really available for every pick, but the I'm on board with the players and value. I'm not a big fan of Zimwaldt and I'm sure I'm going to pick someone else there (Jeffcoat?). He reminds me of Mike Humpel.

I'm still not sold on Shazier yet. The more I think about it, the better move was to move down (twice was possible) to both Miami @ 19 and then with New Orleans @ 27. That would have netted us 2 more 3rd rounders. I think we could have really hit a home run with that. Get someone like Roby in the 1st round, then let the draft kind of fall to us with the 2nd and 3 3rd round picks.

I like the potential of our day 3 picks, but the 3rd round is where this draft was won/lost and I hated sitting on my hands with a compensatory pick.

Heck, McCullers can just stand in the middle of the line with his arms in the air. The dude is huge.

Good thing Sam got drafted. I would hate to have to be told how i'm a homophobe for sitting on my couch while Sam went undrafted

I was at the Steelers Fan Blitz at the stadium courtesy of my Mom getting tickets for the family and me for my birthday. Lots of Players and former players on hand meeting the fans.

As we were standing in line to get a look at the 6 Lombardi trophies who should cruise through the crowd in a golf cart but Mr Shazier himself. He recieved a chorus of hearty cheers and waved to the fans. He was all smiles for sure and looked pumped to be there.

What is with the picture of Michael Sam? The guy next to him looks totally gay.

What's going on with that?

[sarcasm off]

ESPN showing Sam crying and kissing his boyfriend. Curious lack of black people in the room.

What is with the picture of Michael Sam? The guy next to him looks totally gay.

What's going on with that?

[sarcasm off]

What was worse was seeing him swap spit with Sam.

I am all for equality and sh*t...

But c'mon man. Like really, c'mon man.

We were at the Steelers fan blitz at the stadium today courtesy of my mom who got tickets for the family and me for my birthday. There were lots of Steelers and former Steelers there meeting with fans. We were standing in line to get a look at the 6 Lombardi Trophies and who should cruise through the crowd in a golf cart but Mr. Shazier himself. He received hearty cheers from the fans and showed his acknowledgment. He was definitely all smiles and looked excited to be there.

I think we're going to be hearing about the "visuals" of the Sam pick for quite a while.

Kissing through smooshed cake was definitely pushing the envelope.

bleh ... who cares? Wish Sam the best, but he's not a Steeler.

Lol, I didn't watch it but from these descriptions you would think they threw down and ****** on the table for the TV cameras. Was it really all that?

It was, uh, quite the spectacle.

I'm not sure ESPN knew what it was getting into when it was allowed into the room.

I knew something "unusual" was about to happen when the boyfriend (who must weigh about 120), wiped tears from his eye and rubbed them into Sam's bicep.

At that moment Mrs. Ghost says, "Oh, oh. Here we go!"

She was right. In just a couple of minutes, Sam was cutting a piece of cake, rubbing it onto the boyfriends face and then french-kissing him.

To quote Levon Helm, "It was a full dose."

Last edited:
Lol, I didn't watch it but from these descriptions you would think they threw down and ****** on the table for the TV cameras. Was it really all that?

It honestly looked like that was what it was leading to.

Last edited: