• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 - Draft Day

Steelers draft getting a good bit of praise from multiple draft analysts. These will be the same guys bashing them in 3 years when the players don't pan out.

A few of the posters here are ahead of the curve on the bashing ... I mean why wait 3 years when you can start today? LOL

A few of the posters here are ahead of the curve on the bashing ... I mean why wait 3 years when you can start today? LOL

So you can look BRILLIANT and brag about it for years to come of course. Unless your are very wrong, then you just pretend it's not happening and continue arguing as if you were right anyway.

So you can look BRILLIANT and brag about it for years to come of course. Unless your are very wrong, then you just pretend it's not happening and continue arguing as if you were right anyway.

Why do you think this board starts over from scratch every year or so?

To scrub the evidence and hide the bodies...:p

Mayock: Pittsburgh draft was excellent.

Mayock is a talent evaluator. Nobody is questioning the steelers got good players. I haven't seen anybody who thinks Shazier isn't good.

But now think about the biggest problem with the defense. No pass rush and no playmakers in the secondary. Yes, ILB was a need but not as big a need as the first two.

So, yes, the steelers came away with good players, but did they improve the pass rush or the secondary? I'd say no. This draft filled a bunch of needs down the line and fixes depth issues, but will it translate to the win column this year?

They also gave the browns an A and i think their draft was ****, especially when you consider Gordon may be done for the year.

The flipside is, a few of the posters are deep throating the draft picks just because they were picked by the Steelers. Two sides to every coin.

Interesting draft. My take has always been that you MUST hit with the 1st round selection, since that guy is a potential Pro-Bowl player. Last year, Jones had so many holes in his game (lack of pass rush moves, unimpressive speed) that the selection was a risk.

Shazier seems like a high-ceiling player, with very good commentary from his coaches about his work ethic and "team first" approach. I also like the Tuitt selection - 6'5", 300 lb. defensive lineman who reportedly "once clocked" a 4.78 40, can stack the LOS and pressure the passer? Yep.

Only Redskins and Lions left ahead of us. If they don't take him, you almost have to look at Coleman (WR) ... right?

The flipside is, a few of the posters are deep throating the draft picks just because they were picked by the Steelers. Two sides to every coin.

Touche good sir. Touche.

If it were me, I would take Tiny Richardson.

Steelers draft getting a good bit of praise from multiple draft analysts. These will be the same guys bashing them in 3 years when the players don't pan out.

Just like they did with Matt Millen. He got good grades with his drafts every year. They praised him for taking a WR for the 3rd straight year because he was giving his young QB some weapons and that's what a good GM does. Then Charles Rodgers can't stay healthy and becomes a druggie and Mike WIlliams is a bust and the same people chase him out of town.

It was funny hearing them praise Detroit's pick of Ebron when they had bigger needs this year. I was thinking, didn't they kill Millen for doing the same thing?

Seantrel Henderson is out there. Failed his drug test. If he lied about it, he should be a shoe in.

I'd like to see a team end up with Michael Sam and Colt Lyerla.

That would be entertaining (if that's the right word).

Seantrel Henderson is out there. Failed his drug test. If he lied about it, he should be a shoe in.

so is Antonio Richardson
wtf?

who?

a TE from Massachusetts?

we could have had him as a free agent

I'm still at a loss as to why Antonio Richardson is still available. Thought for certain he was a 2nd-3rd round pick.

Peace out, Paulson *chucks up dueces*

I'm still at a loss as to why Antonio Richardson is still available. Thought for certain he was a 2nd-3rd round pick.
How 'bout Jackson Jeffcoat? He was a 3-4 rnd guy...

This was a weak TE draft but the Steelers got the guy they targeted. Blanchflower is a good fit for the zone run game. He's good at cut blocks and he's athletiis so he can be the hybrid TE who moves around. Good hands.

It would be great if Jeffcoat goes undrafted