• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dear Lord this offseason seems longer than others

Lord, the optics of that play still reverberates to this day. We thought Anderson had his neck broken. Maybe I’m imagining it, but he was in a neck brace on the sidelines still in uniform later in the game, or maybe might have been the following week. About as cringe as Turkey Jones pile driver on TB12.

Blount planting Cliff Branch? was just as bad, or even worse.
I don't know how Branch came out of that without a broken neck.

blount.gif

Blount planting Cliff Branch? was just as bad, or even worse.
I don't know how Branch came out of that without a broken neck.

blount.gif

They were a lot tougher back then.

Todays high-bred athlete gets a little nicked up and misses games. They are to powerful for their skeletons / joints / tendons.

Salute the nation

They were a lot tougher back then.

Todays high-bred athlete gets a little nicked up and misses games. They are to powerful for their skeletons / joints / tendons.

Salute the nation

The second two sentences sound contradictory. They indeed are more powerful today naturally resulting in greater damage to joints, bones and tendons..... which are a little more than just being a little nicked up.

Analysis: Injuries to key NFL players are piling up, making depth even more important

Didn't Kemo von Olhoffen knock out Ken Anderson from a game in brutal fashion? If I remember correctly.

Didn't Kemo von Olhoffen knock out Ken Anderson from a game in brutal fashion? If I remember correctly.

Oh hell no. Anderson was before Kimo's time.

Kimo "knocked out" Carson Palmer if that's who you're thinking of....which was covered in the "Steelers Greatest Hits" Thread.(y)

Yeah, Palmer got a round of Kimotherapy that game.
IIRC he got hit and rolled over Palmers leg.

Keith Gary….it was a vicious facemask.

I just saw that clip on YouTube, very vicious.

I think he was going for the shoulder-pad neck and got caught on the face-mask for the tackle.

Salute the nation

OMG...it's on July 8th...

😫😤🤬

What, what is on July 8th…?

Is it your Bail hearing??? ………………. Thought that was postponed till the 19th…….

Salute the nation

This offseason has been extra unbearable... one of the competing sites which shall remain nameless just took a break from the nonstop imaginary trade rumors to post... a ******* redraft of the 2024 draft based on minicamp rumors....

Yep they haven't even had a real camp yet, much less played a single snap of even preseason ball, and we are judging them🤦🏻‍♂️

This offseason has been extra unbearable... one of the competing sites which shall remain nameless just took a break from the nonstop imaginary trade rumors to post... a ******* redraft of the 2024 draft based on minicamp rumors....

Yep they haven't even had a real camp yet, much less played a single snap of even preseason ball, and we are judging them🤦🏻‍♂️
I am fond of the reports of what player is or isn’t shining in shorts due to their lack of clicks. It is all very specialllllll.

When you are compelled to crank out X articles per day, when nothing is happening, you end up with all this derivative shiite.

Thankfully, it's only a couple weeks until TC; otherwise we would have the Kardashians re-draft each year to find the media ***** NFL dream team.

I am fond of the reports of what player is or isn’t shining in shorts due to their lack of clicks. It is all very specialllllll.
Recall a few years ago there was a Rats vs Steelers charity softball game and some troll was on here crowing about how great his Rats looked in shorts in June playing softball......that would qualify as a story these days.....yeesh.

So much change this off season. can not wait to see how it all unfolds on the field.

I'm an upstanding citizen. You're referring to our brother Coolie...

The last time Coolie was on parole was that diabolical diaper stealing incident at the local YMCA.

Him and coooch had some scenario where they could make a few extra $$$bucks$$$, but coooch’s connection ratted them out……

I often wondered how Coolie seemed to have mostly…… clean diapers……… there for awhile.?

Salute the nation