• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dear Lord this offseason seems longer than others

Didn’t he also get hit in the eye with a flag and that ended his career, or was it someone else???

I don’t remember Browns players or anything about them, for very long.

Salute the nation
Nope. That was the recently deceased Orlando Brown. He sued for $200 million and later settled with the league back in 2005 IIRC. Dude got over $20 mil (unprecedented at the time) in settlement. He also died from Diabetes after turning 40. I only remember ”Zeus” Brown from that game, and that he always was playing for either CLE or BAL.

Nope. That was the recently deceased Orlando Brown. He sued for $200 million and later settled with the league back in 2005 IIRC. Dude got over $20 mil (unprecedented at the time) in settlement. He also died from Diabetes after turning 40. I only remember ”Zeus” Brown from that game, and that he always was playing for either CLE or BAL.

Yep. Brown got a lot of money in an injury settlement after getting hit in the eye with the flag (the weighted part got him) but played another four seasons after the injury. He had uncontrolled diabetes which wound up killing him.

As the self-proclaimed #1 world's best hater of the Cleveland Browns, you are correct!

Hey---you stole my line!!
Oh yeah?
I am an encyclopedia of every last bumbling fumbling or just plain bad luck incident that has befallen the Cleveland Clowns since their return in 1999....that knowledge is a must if one is to call themselves the #1 hater of the most dysfunctional pro sports franchise in history.

I would challenge you to a contest, but it only takes a quick Google to find an answer, and everyone tells me you're a cheater.... no J/K. LOL

Ok, what incident occurred that prompted HC Romeo Crennel to say "kids take their shoes off and run around all the time"?

Hmmmmmmmm? LOL

Oh yeah?
I am an encyclopedia of every last bumbling fumbling or just plain bad luck incident that has befallen the Cleveland Clowns since their return in 1999....that knowledge is a must if one is to call themselves the #1 hater of the most dysfunctional pro sports franchise in history.

I would challenge you to a contest, but it only takes a quick Google to find an answer, and everyone tells me you're a cheater.... no J/K. LOL

Ok, what incident occurred that prompted HC Romeo Crennel to say "kids take their shoes off and run around all the time"?

Hmmmmmmmm? LOL
LOL

I have to warn you sir...

I lived in Sandusky, Ohio from 1985 thru 2006.

I know a little....

LOL

I have to warn you sir...

I lived in Sandusky, Ohio from 1985 thru 2006.

I know a little....
So you were around for "The Fumble" and "The Drive". Good times!

Well I live in Solon, about 30 min south of Cleveland. Retired and still live there, so I've got a few more years on you.

I worked in Cleveland, and boy the constant Pittsburgh bashing I was exposed to back in the 80's from Browns fans and radio sports talkers who regarded the Browns as God's gift to football....constant Pittsburgh bashing even in the off season.
Pissburgh, Pisspuke, Piggsburgh. It all stemmed from the bitterness of Steeler Super Bowl success in the 70's.
I've never lived in Pittsburgh, but I can't imagine Browns bashing to that level.

All that has turned me into the #1 Browns hater in the world. Besides, I want to be #1 at something.

That quote from Romeo....His response to Braylon Edwards injury that he received when he decided to practice barefoot. He cut his foot severely enough to require stitches.
He missed most of preseason due to the injury.
Romeo blew it off as "kids will be kids".

Wasnt he the guy Ward obliterated when he played for the Browns... guy was like 290 and ran like a wr... charging downfield to make a tackle and ward just blasted him 🤣
That seems right, man that would be full circle for him. I do seem to remember that.

Even though Ward was regarded as one of or the best blocking WR, his blocking was still under rated imo…pretty sure our division rivals would agree

Time makes me forget how bitterly disappointing some of the Cowher years were. Yancey Thigpen had a couple 1300+ yards in those days with Neil and Kordel. And when he got injured in 1996 our already mediocre offense took a nosedive. He definitely was a bright light when he was with us. At the time I thought he was one of the best and vastly underrated WR’s in the league.
Randle El gets a honorable mention.

I was one of the few people that loved the Bud Dupree selection. i thought the guy was going to be a stud right out of the gate.
And sure got sick and tired of defending him on here for the first three years with his ****** play and all. The lightbulb seemed to finally go off……A- because TJWatt entered the equation……And B - because they finally put him on his natural side that he played his whole career. I thought he was going to be a HOF no problem. 😌

i remember the collective roar(including me) when Devin Bush was traded for. What a waste of space.
He was raw coming out of college, ceviche kind of raw

It’s on this highlight reel

Surely do miss Tom Jackson. I thought he was a great analyst/voice for the game. He and Berman had the best post Sunday games show for a long time. At least before ABC/Disney got involved with programming.

Just loved how Tom buried Raider fans…lol.

Last edited:

It’s on this highlight reel

Nice find MTC, that’s STEELERS football. Thanks for posting it.!!!

Probably won’t see anything like that again, football wise. The gamer has changed.

Salute the nation