• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dear Lord this offseason seems longer than others

Keith Gary….it was a vicious facemask.
Ah yes, Keith Gary. Nastiest facemask I've ever seen. If Andersons head wasn't already on a swivel, Gary turned it into one.
Don't remember if Gary got ejected, but he should have been.

Last edited:
Underappreciated: Robin Cole. Very underrated ROLB, took over for Andy Russell. Never seemed to miss a game, good tackler, productive pass rusher.

Worthless: Tim Worley. #7 pick overall and a complete dud. Steelers took him over Steve Atwater, Andre Rison, and Steve Wisniewski.

Congrats to the Florida Panthers and their fans!
Well played last night...

When in doubt, always bet the NHL team with the best goalie, in a winner takes all contest.
In the end BobRossKey was the better goalie in more games, including last night, and that was the difference.

I would have given him the Conn Smythe over McDavid, because his performance won his team the Cup.

Last edited:
Underappreciated: Robin Cole. Very underrated ROLB, took over for Andy Russell. Never seemed to miss a game, good tackler, productive pass rusher.
Back about 15 or 16 years ago, Mrs. Fan and her mom took him around So Cal for a few signings. I cooked him breakfast at our home first. Great guy. The only problem was that Obama was a presidential candidate at the time, so we had to get through how he would unite the country and build lives. After that the time was amazing.

I had to go DJ a wedding, so Mrs. Fan and her mom took him around. Good thing because some of the signings were in sketchy parts of town.

Keith Gary….it was a vicious facemask.
Lord, the optics of that play still reverberates to this day. We thought Anderson had his neck broken. Maybe I’m imagining it, but he was in a neck brace on the sidelines still in uniform later in the game, or maybe might have been the following week. About as cringe as Turkey Jones pile driver on TB12.

Probably one of the most under appreciated players was Al Bundy….err, Ed O’Neil. Was on the squad during camp in 1969. Got cut before it ended. Hard to imagine seeing O’Neil lined up behind rookie Joe Greene and next to Andy Russell, but he was for maybe a couple days.

Probably one of the most under appreciated players was Al Bundy….err, Ed O’Neil. Was on the squad during camp in 1969. Got cut before it ended. Hard to imagine seeing O’Neil lined up behind rookie Joe Greene and next to Andy Russell, but he was for maybe a couple days.

Didn't he score 4 TD's in a championship game?

Under appreciated- Orpheus Roye, best wedge buster in the history of the league…and Cowher seemed to spit everywhere whenever he screamed his name
Wasnt he the guy Ward obliterated when he played for the Browns... guy was like 290 and ran like a wr... charging downfield to make a tackle and ward just blasted him 🤣

Wasnt he the guy Ward obliterated when he played for the Browns... guy was like 290 and ran like a wr... charging downfield to make a tackle and ward just blasted him 🤣

Didn’t he also get hit in the eye with a flag and that ended his career, or was it someone else???

I don’t remember Browns players or anything about them, for very long.

Salute the nation