• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Death of the Republican party

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This story is incredible to me. People bitching because a 700 million surplus has shrunk to a 27 million surplus? And that's a disaster? Hello, that means the government gave back the extra 675 million dollars it DIDN'T NEED to the people who earned it. How is that a bad thing?

By the way, revenue always drops initially when there's a tax cut. It takes time for the full effects on the economy to emerge.

The bad thing is that the tit suckers who didn't pay anything anyway, are not getting enough back, in their opinion.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
This story is incredible to me. People bitching because a 700 million surplus has shrunk to a 27 million surplus? And that's a disaster? Hello, that means the government gave back the extra 675 million dollars it DIDN'T NEED to the people who earned it. How is that a bad thing?

By the way, revenue always drops initially when there's a tax cut. It takes time for the full effects on the economy to emerge.

"The government will use that money better than the people." -Hillary "what difference does it make" Clinton

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

Yep.

When you explain to people that a governmental budget surplus is taxes they over paid most of them look at you with goat eyes.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who gives two-***** if you served in the military? What the hell does that actually mean? Your organization used too much toilet paper and think it can be scaled back? I say the waste first hand, those who have served have too. A 50 percent cut would be devastating to the military infrastructure...hell almost a quarter of the military budget is spent on retiree benefits alone. After the reduction of ACTIVE DUTY Troops works it's way through, retirement benefits do not cost as much (SAVINGS)What's left? How are you going to pay the troops, how are you going to train,One weekend a month, two weeks a year, AFTER their required 2 years of service how are you going to sustain their equipment and refresh the out of life material,Won't need quite as much going forward how are you going to deploy? We won't, on our dime. Allies need us there, they can pay for our help.That's not even touching research and development and new technology. Cyber is now huge in DoD and they are creating cyber weapon systems...do we just drop that now? 50 percent....jebus cripes.

I think a 25% military spending cut wouldn't be too bad. Close many overseas bases that we pay to maintain. Sell our left over supplies to allies rather than leaving them for ISIS or gifting them to increasingly militarized police departments.Huge Garage Sale

I think his point about this was nothing more than, if you have served, you would have seen the huge amount of waste in the military.This is exactly what I meant

One of the most wasteful things I ever was a part of was when returning to the US from deployment. ALL of the food stores aquired from outside the US, and not used, was required to be thrown overboard before returning to a US port. Those stores were good enough, they could have been used untill exhausted. Hell, they could have been given to the food banks. Just wasteful so the govt contractors could reap the profits of the resupply. That doesn't even count the cost of the polution to the oceans.

I made a complete list of the over 30 tons of stores, sent it to my Congressman, The response was "What does it really matter", then a "Counseling session" with the Skipper.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
"A few billion here, a few billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money." -- Sen. Everett Dirksen

Rod Farva

Reaction score

One of the rooms in our training building was designed to look like a bunkroom on a Navy ship. The use of this room was for damage control training. They could pump water in to simulate a hull breach, they could pump smoke in to simulate a fire. We had full day training sessions on what to do in various situations, how to communicate from on-site at the damaged area with whoever was in charge, how to enter a room where unknown damage was going on, etc. Important training for reservists to get since they are not getting it shipboard, After many years of using this room, the Navy decided the risk of injury to personnel was too great and shut down it's use. After that, instead of actual useful training, our damage control training consisted of watching videos. Yay!

Norfolk by chance? I went throught the damage control training in a ship mock up when I served in the Navy in the 70's. I gotta tell ya....being in a cramped, enclosed space rapidly filling with icy cold water provides a great deal of incentive to get the water stopped.

One of the most wasteful things I ever was a part of was when returning to the US from deployment. ALL of the food stores aquired from outside the US, and not used, was required to be thrown overboard before returning to a US port. Those stores were good enough, they could have been used untill exhausted. Hell, they could have been given to the food banks. Just wasteful so the govt contractors could reap the profits of the resupply. That doesn't even count the cost of the polution to the oceans.

I made a complete list of the over 30 tons of stores, sent it to my Congressman, The response was "What does it really matter", then a "Counseling session" with the Skipper.

I remember doing garbage details while at sea. All the ships trash and garbage was collected on the fantail (that's the back end of the ship to you land lubbers) and simply tossed overboard.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rod, it's amazing the amount of trash thrown overboard. What I was refering to was perfectly good fresh/canned/frozen food stores. We used forklifts to dump stuff by the pallet load.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Rod, it's amazing the amount of trash thrown overboard. What I was refering to was perfectly good fresh/canned/frozen food stores. We used forklifts to dump stuff by the pallet load.

Yeah, I got that. Amazed by it.....never saw that. Real shame......what was their reason for dumping food? FDA regs I bet.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I got that. Amazed by it.....never saw that. Real shame......what was their reason for dumping food? FDA regs I bet.

I'm sure it was some regulations set up to protect the suppliers profits.

Spike

Reaction score
I blame you teabaggers for the price of 9mm ammo

ark steel

Reaction score
So, if the GOP is dying why am I seeing all of these stories about the GOP take control of both houses in the 2014 elections?

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Frankly I have been waiting for one of these dipshit parties to collapse so it can be replaced with a more moderate one. ideally that leads to the collapse of the dems and we have two generally moderate parties, as well as two smaller Left and right extremist parties that absorb the nut jobs at both ends of the spectrum... The Democrat and Republician brand names are too ingrained in Sheeple who don't look at the issues, just the party ticket... Death to both Partys... Viva La (bloodless) Revolution!

I hope Elizabeth Warren runs and wins the Dem Primary and that Ted Cruz does the same with the Republican primary.

What you will most likely see is that instead of 2 opposites of the political spectrum having an open debate about political philosophy, you will see Hillary and Juan McLame (Or Jeb!) run as independents and claim the media spotlight.

It's all about the entrenched political class.....screw what the people say.......and the media will cheer them on......

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
So, if the GOP is dying why am I seeing all of these stories about the GOP take control of both houses in the 2014 elections?

What good will it do? It'll be two years of Congress and Obama stonewalling each other, and no hope of a Republican Congress getting anything else done once Hillary's in office. Only the American voting public could be so retarded as to give Congress a mandate and then stymie Congress by putting an opponent in the White House, but that's exactly what is going to happen.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
What good will it do? It'll be two years of Congress and Obama stonewalling each other, and no hope of a Republican Congress getting anything else done once Hillary's in office. Only the American voting public could be so retarded as to give Congress a mandate and then stymie Congress by putting an opponent in the White House, but that's exactly what is going to happen.

That's a pretty fair assessment of 'things to come in politics...like we need things to get worse than they are now.

View attachment 324

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Hillary won't get into office. I'm not excited about that, as I'm sure another libtard will grab the mass's fancy, but I am pretty sure even this crop of American voters will have more self respect than that.

How retarded do other country's educated citizens think we are as they watch these proven idiots ascend to office and stay there?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Hillary won't get into office. I'm not excited about that, as I'm sure another libtard will grab the mass's fancy, but I am pretty sure even this crop of American voters will have more self respect than that.

How retarded do other country's educated citizens think we are as they watch these proven idiots ascend to office and stay there?
Some of the Leftist media are already pimping Elizabeth Warren. Be the first Native American President. Errrr....

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Some of the Leftist media are already pimping Elizabeth Warren. Be the first Native American President. Errrr....
She is a caricature. That's how isolated these libs are - to think that she has a chance. Wait, sorry, that's in a world with normal people..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
She is a caricature. That's how isolated these libs are - to think that she has a chance. Wait, sorry, that's in a world with normal people..
I'd still like to see her win the nomination over Hildebeast. She'd be easier to beat.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw an interview with Ben Carson yesterday where he answered whether he'd run or not with "I'm thinking about it."

I'll be the first in line to vote for that Cornball Brother.