• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Debate ? What debate ?

Would have been awesome if they had talked about replacing NAFTA and the economy BC (Before Covid). They only seem to talk about the negative (real and media generated) points. How can they call the Presidential Debate Commission (or whatever they call it) a non-partisan team... Guess it depends on who defines it as such.

Trump did better this time but neither did anything game changing in my opinion. Trump should be able to come up with more detail on healthcare by now and that was his biggest weakness. Biden said some words wrong as usual and did not do
much to shut down the Hunter story. I remain depressed that these are our options.

I don't think either of them swayed anyone ... people who were gonna vote for Biden are gonna vote Biden, people who were gonna vote Trump are gonna vote Trump.

Surprised, during the race part of questioning, Trump didn't bring up "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black".

During the energy portion, surprised Donnie didn't bring up Solyndra. When Joe started talking about zero emissions, shoulda asked about planes, trains and ships .... I don't think Elon has made an electric one of any of those yet. :wacko::goodnight:

Joe did clearly admit he wants to destroy the fossil fuel industry so that should help in some states.

so joe never said he was against fracking or did he only say he was against it on federal land...but he does want to move away from the oil industry...

Texas and PA should definitely vote Trump

The issue isn’t his stance on fracking per se, its his overall power plan... it’s completely unsustainable unless you ship 90% of tge manufacturing overseas...

A wind turbine produces 1.5 megawatts at peak performance... if it gets too windy it has to shut down... if its not windy enough it cannot produce peak levels... sometimes not any at all.... 40% of the power generated from wind farms goes to operation of the wind farm...Plus they break down frequently and have to have parts shipped to them... solar is incredibly expensive And equally unreliable... grids need a consistent balanced power source

Supplimenting the grid with green power is great... but totally replacing all non grid power sources with no nuclear by 2035 is a horrible idea. Basically power wilL be super limited and expensive... most good jobs will be gone if power is that high

Libs never pay attention to the FACT that all of these green plans include massive cutbacks on energy use... not just building thousands of windmills to replace each 1200 megawat Coal unit they want to kill...

I thought Biden won the first debate, but he flubbed this debate on so many levels IMO. The lies, the stammering, the looking at his watch, his indignation and anger at times at the freakin' democrat moderator (who hardly interrupted him), and then his final and most costly blunder -- admitting he wants to end the oil industry.

That last one is a pretty big blunder. I'm sure there were a lot of people watching tonight who work in that industry that just went WTF did I just hear? He cost himself bigly tonight.

The issue isn’t his stance on fracking per se, its his overall power plan... it’s completely unsustainable unless you ship 90% of tge manufacturing overseas...

A wind turbine produces 1.5 megawatts at peak performance... if it gets too windy it has to shut down... if its not windy enough it cannot produce peak levels... sometimes not any at all.... 40% of the power generated from wind farms goes to operation of the wind farm...Plus they break down frequently and have to have parts shipped to them... solar is incredibly expensive And equally unreliable... grids need a consistent balanced power source

Supplimenting the grid with green power is great... but totally replacing all non grid power sources with no nuclear by 2035 is a horrible idea. Basically power wilL be super limited and expensive... most good jobs will be gone if power is that high

Libs never pay attention to the FACT that all of these green plans include massive cutbacks on energy use... not just building thousands of windmills to replace each 1200 megawat Coal unit they want to kill...

Anyone who knows anything about the sheer volume of energy consumed in this country and how it’s all produced knows we aren’t going fully renewable probably ever (unless you’re talking nuclear). They lie about this endlessly and get away with it because the media never calls them on it.

Great info to know on the specifics of renewable energy, Mad. Very informative post.

Anyone who knows anything about the sheer volume of energy consumed in this country and how it’s all produced knows we aren’t going fully renewable probably ever (unless you’re talking nuclear). They lie about this endlessly and get away with it because the media never calls them on it.

Yep. If you want zero emissions, nuclear is your only option.

Joe did clearly admit he wants to destroy the fossil fuel industry so that should help in some states.

Oh I forgot he actually said the laptop mess was Russian disinformation. And that neither his son (nor he himself) have ever profited from any foreign entity. Okay then.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot he actually said the laptop mess was Russian disinformation. And that his son (nor he himself) have never profited from any foreign entity. Okay then.

Oh yeah, and that 200,000 more people are going to die of Covid-19 by the end of the year (um, 2.5 months away)? There are just too many blunders to list.

Oh I forgot he actually said the laptop mess was Russian disinformation. And that his son (nor he himself) have never profited from any foreign entity. Okay then.

He never took a single penny....That's a true statement. We all know he took much more than that..

He never took a single penny....That's a true statement. We all know he took much more than that..

Actually I think that may be true, his kid paid him. Thought it was odd the way he responded to the question that he never took money from a foreign nation.

He got caught in numerous lies tonight, not that anyone will call him out on it.

I think Trump's worst answer was when he was asked about the people getting sick living near the oil factories and what not. His answer was basically they are being paid well. I am not sure of the facts of the question, but the answer came off as who cares if they get sick they are making $$. Trump didnt answer healthcare well. He made some good points, but basically pointed out Biden's flaws vs what his plan is. Repubs. have had like 10 years to come up with something better than obamacare and have not yet. Other than those 2 I feel Trump owned Biden. I also do not think that either one did anything to flip voters. I thought the moderator did well and the muted mics never came into play. She let them go back and forth a bit, but it never went totally out of control.

I agree...I was only commenting on his lie this evening.

So much for that mute button.
Honestly I fell asleep halfway through.

Last edited:
Dementia Joe is but a small cog and will do as he's told. I only watched small clips. His biggest tool is fear . Dark winter..ohhh my, so scared. All of these political advertisements talking about American jobs and building American, is just stealing what Trump is already doing.

Sorry you're not going to create **** destroying our energy source, taking over the PRIVATE buisness of Healthcare and taxing the ever loving dog **** out of people.

Trump did better this time but neither did anything game changing in my opinion. Trump should be able to come up with more detail on healthcare by now and that was his biggest weakness. Biden said some words wrong as usual and did not do
much to shut down the Hunter story. I remain depressed that these are our options.

The Trump from 2016 would ave crushed Biden. Covid-19 hurt the economy. Let's celebrate his pick for the supreme court hope for the best by voting.

Trump should have hammed Biden on his friends in the KKK, taxes, his racy busing policy, his quid quo pro with Ukraine, the 2nd amendment, and more. He did better, but it was not enough to flip the soft Biden support.

Trump did exactly what I wanted him to do. He stayed cool and look presidential. Joe looks like someone that needs meds to stay lucid. His looking at his watch reminded me of Bush I during the debate with Clinton and Perot.

Yes, I wish Trump would have brought up more things but he did very well when he called Joe a typical politician and a liar. He didn't get to into the weeds on the laptop and he didn't interrupt much. The moderator was not too bad. I could tell she was cognizant of the fact she wanted to stay a real moderator. I know she's liberal but she hid it ok.

Some of the new polls have it within the margin of error nationally. If Trump is within 3 points nationally then he wins this election with over 280 electoral points.

I think the moderator totally showed her bias. She regularly let Biden babble on and repeatedly told Trump "You have 10 seconds." ***** *** *****.

Any energy discussion that talks about going carbon free and doesn't focus on Nuclear as the ONLY REAL SOLUTION is worthless. If Jos had said we are going to go Carbon neurtal by totally reinvesting in new nuclear technology I might have actually listened.

Nuclear power! It is the way! I have spoken.