• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Debate ? What debate ?

Trump did exactly what I wanted him to do. He stayed cool and look presidential. Joe looks like someone that needs meds to stay lucid. His looking at his watch reminded me of Bush I during the debate with Clinton and Perot.

Yes, I wish Trump would have brought up more things but he did very well when he called Joe a typical politician and a liar. He didn't get to into the weeds on the laptop and he didn't interrupt much. The moderator was not too bad. I could tell she was cognizant of the fact she wanted to stay a real moderator. I know she's liberal but she hid it ok.

Some of the new polls have it within the margin of error nationally. If Trump is within 3 points nationally then he wins this election with over 280 electoral points.

She interrupted (while far more politely than Chrissy Wallace) too much. Even though she was polite, she was "guiding" the discussion and giving Biden "outs"

Regarding the drugs, I seriously now believe he is on them. Look at his face and demeanor at the beginning of the debate...compared to the end. I posted on Facebook "If this thing went for two hours Biden would have a stroke. Look at his forehead....furrowed. He’s about to snap." The last half hour of the debate it sure looked like something wore off and he was getting so mad I thought he might spit his dentures out.

I think the moderator totally showed her bias. She regularly let Biden babble on and repeatedly told Trump "You have 10 seconds." ***** *** *****.

Not only that, Biden was NEVER muted. Not once. You could tell Trump was several times (not in an awkward way). Joe was allowed to interrupt DJT numerous times, and it got worse the later the debate went. I said out loud several times "Mute him" angered at the lies they feed us. We all knew in advance this "rule" wouldn't be used equitably.

---------------------

Side note, my personal tally on the # of times Joe said "Come on!" was 11. Was anyone else counting? haha

I remain depressed that these are our options.
Much like the Federal Reserve, the Commission on Presidential Debates has too much unfettered control (and neither is held accountable by the electorate!). The CPD, whom both the RNC and DNC set up decades ago, gets to arbitrarily decide who gets on the stage. For instance, this "rule" that a third party candidate has to be polling a certain percentage to even be allowed to debate... yet the parties' primary debates can have a thousand candidates on stage during their debates. This duopoly does Americans a disservice if we never get to hear other voices on the national stage. I understand the need for clear-cut choices and not wasting viewers'/voters' time, but if all we get - election cycle after election cycle - is the swinging of the pendulum of power from one side to another every 4 to 8 years, then we are being bamboozled into thinking that there are only 2 ways to think. I only wish the Libertarian Party would finally drop (or at least de-prioritize) their call for legal weed and lax borders and structure their arguments in a way that the average blue collar/farmer/single mother can agree with. Of all 3rd parties, the LP has the best chance to make inroads into the national arena. (Just no more John McAfees). They begin by gaining seats at the state/local level, which I think they're already doing. For instance this Texas LP candidate's stances are near spot-on for me. Too bad she's not running in my district: https://christymowrey.squarespace.com/

Much like the Federal Reserve, the Commission on Presidential Debates has too much unfettered control (and neither is held accountable by the electorate!). The CPD, whom both the RNC and DNC set up decades ago, gets to arbitrarily decide who gets on the stage. For instance, this "rule" that a third party candidate has to be polling a certain percentage to even be allowed to debate... yet the parties' primary debates can have a thousand candidates on stage during their debates. This duopoly does Americans a disservice if we never get to hear other voices on the national stage. I understand the need for clear-cut choices and not wasting viewers'/voters' time, but if all we get - election cycle after election cycle - is the swinging of the pendulum of power from one side to another every 4 to 8 years, then we are being bamboozled into thinking that there are only 2 ways to think. I only wish the Libertarian Party would finally drop (or at least de-prioritize) their call for legal weed and lax borders and structure their arguments in a way that the average blue collar/farmer/single mother can agree with. Of all 3rd parties, the LP has the best chance to make inroads into the national arena. (Just no more John McAfees). They begin by gaining seats at the state/local level, which I think they're already doing. For instance this Texas LP candidate's stances are near spot-on for me. Too bad she's not running in my district: https://christymowrey.squarespace.com/

The LP hasn't had a liberitarian thinker for POTUS for many elections. That is their biggest problem, IMO. The say one name, but put up Democrat lite candidates. Gary Johnson was a joke.

I would love to see someone do a mass "third party" debate. That's a great idea.

And, as a guy who has over 20 years working with "at risk" populations, and now in a prison setting, I will do all I can to prevent weed from being legalized. It's really a bad idea.

Disagree sir....

She did an outstanding job under the circumstances..

In other words, the bar was so low that she looked better than Chrissy Wallace and Savannah Guthrie, but there was still "blood coming out of her eyes.."

She sucked. She interrupted Trump 111 times and Biden only 22. She would only give Trump 10 seconds to respond and would interrupt him even before the 10 seconds were up.

Thankfully she was such a lightweight that Trump was still able to overpower her in crucial moments like when he got Joe to admit he wants to end the oil industry.

This is where liberals show their ignorance and gross intelectual inconsistency. For years, they screamed about wars in the Middle East over oil. Trump comes along and achieves energy independence and greater national security as a result, and they can't tear it down fast enough and have adopted Neocon foreign policy in 2020 and want troops everywhere.

Trump did about as well as he could while still remaining Presidential.

While the moderator did a better job appearing to be unbiased, the subject of the questions certainly weren't.

Covid, poor people living near refineries, BLM, climate change, people losing health insurance if Obama care is overturned.

There were more, but all seemed to click the liberal box.

She interrupted (while far more politely than Chrissy Wallace) too much. Even though she was polite, she was "guiding" the discussion and giving Biden "outs"

Absolutely she was bias and tried to help Biden. However, she at least asked Biden a question about the laptop, Ukraine and his views on immigration. It was the best Trump could expect from a bias media. I don't care for the format but Trump did well and Biden looked like a senile old man about to lose his mind. After the meds wore off he couldn't think of half is words. A couple of times I had no idea what he was trying to say. This debate didn't help him at all. Trump just needed to look sane and not go off the rails. Biden talked in generalities and never even gave his "Plan" for anything.

Did anyone notice how Biden said he wouldn't talk about the states as blue or red then in the very next sentence he started talking about red states like Texas?

Absolutely she was bias and tried to help Biden. However, she at least asked Biden a question about the laptop, Ukraine and his views on immigration. It was the best Trump could expect from a bias media. I don't care for the format but Trump did well and Biden looked like a senile old man about to lose his mind. After the meds wore off he couldn't think of half is words. A couple of times I had no idea what he was trying to say. This debate didn't help him at all. Trump just needed to look sane and not go off the rails. Biden talked in generalities and never even gave his "Plan" for anything.

Did anyone notice how Biden said he wouldn't talk about the states as blue or red then in the very next sentence he started talking about red states like Texas?

When Biden started rambling about "your family...around the table," I texted my friend and said "Biden is a typical politician.."

So was very happy to see Trump in the next breath nail him on that and draw a clear 47 year contrast.

This campaign is in Round 14 like "The Showdown" between Leonard and Hearns.

"Donald Trump is workin' the body...Biden's legs are gone....that's a place to hit a guy when his legs are gone..Donald Trump has to know that Joe Biden's legs are gone.."

When Biden imploded over the oil industry, Trump -- like Ray -- raised his arms at the 1:10 mark and moved in to pour it on Joe Biden who was out on his feet:

Last edited:
This campaign is in Round 14 like "The Showdown" between Leonard and Hearns.

"Donald Trump is workin' the body...Biden's legs are gone....that's a place to hit a guy when his legs are gone..Donald Trump has to know that Joe Biden's legs are gone.."

When Biden imploded over the oil industry, Trump -- like Ray -- raised his arms at the 1:10 mark and moved in to pour it on Joe Biden who was out on his feet:

Stopped too soon...

He'd thrown one counter punch in the last 20 to 30 seconds. He was done.

Stopped too soon...

The funny thing is that if you watch the 2nd fight in 1989, Tommy was out on his feet in Round 12 and would have again fallen if the fight was 15 rounds. He got the 2 knockdowns everyone talks about where Ray was able to get up and regroup quickly, but Tommy got battered around the ring for much of the 12th and I believe round 5 or 6.

Was an interesting matchup of styles. Hearns could paradoxically outbox Leonard and did so for many rounds in both figths, while Leonard had his greatest success banging Hearns on the inside.

Leonard was a much better fighter in the Championship Rounds, IMO, whereas Hearns was hanging on for dear life.

Thanks for the summary. Didn’t watch.

My pops couldn't even watch, and he's as die-hard a Trump fan as there is. He just has that much disdain for the media and the lying liars telling lies about their lies all about the place. Come to find out, you, djfan and a swath of others feel the exact same way (or are just indifferent at this point).

I personally think "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". That vile, corrupt & senile **** showed the world what a complete and utter liar and failure of a politician he is and has always been. Dark winters, lockdowns, shutting down our energy industry and raising taxes and socializing medicine is his platform. Whatever drugs they have him on, they wear off within about an hour because that's when he started to really lose it.

My pops couldn't even watch, and he's as die-hard a Trump fan as there is. He just has that much disdain for the media and the lying liars telling lies about their lies all about the place. Come to find out, you, djfan and a swath of others feel the exact same way (or are just indifferent at this point).

I personally think "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". That vile, corrupt & senile **** showed the world what a complete and utter liar and failure of a politician he is and has always been. Dark winters, lockdowns, shutting down our energy industry and raising taxes and socializing medicine is his platform. Whatever drugs they have him on, they wear off within about an hour because that's when he started to really lose it.

There comes a point when the Adderall wears off and he can't keep the lies straight and the balancing act of trying to appeal to moderates and The Squad. It's too much for his brain to process in real time.

I think the moderator totally showed her bias. She regularly let Biden babble on and repeatedly told Trump "You have 10 seconds." ***** *** *****.

While that's all true (and hardly a single thing about foreign policy, really?), she couldn't do nearly enough to stop the onslaught of gaffes by Biden and subtle blows by Trump. This was like Disneyland compared to that *****, Chris Wallace. I know, it's still pathetically slanted and unfair, but these are the times we live in.

Pretty sure that moderator had a nose job. She has that unnatural pointy Michael Jackson nose.

i didn’t watch live. Figured why bother getting upset. I did watch clips and some reactions. I saw the focus group on Fox. The Biden voters were unmoved, still quoting nonsense like how with Obamacare you can keep your Dr and cost went down. Total lie but they believe it. The interesting thing is the independent voter, a black woman, said she was impressed with Trump’s demeanor and that he won the debate.

Pretty sure that moderator had a nose job. She has that unnatural pointy Michael Jackson nose.

i didn’t watch live. Figured why bother getting upset. I did watch clips and some reactions. I saw the focus group on Fox. The Biden voters were unmoved, still quoting nonsense like how with Obamacare you can keep your Dr and cost went down. Total lie but they believe it. The interesting thing is the independent voter, a black woman, said she was impressed with Trump’s demeanor and that he won the debate.

With Ice Cube, 50 Cent, Kanye, Leo 2.0, Herschel, Whitlock, and others, it's clear Trump's masculinity, policies, and attitude is resonating with black men who are tired of the liberal plantation. Their following will encourage other black males to make a run for it.

Whitlock himself told Tucker that Trump's mentality resonates with the black man. They remember when Trump was a fixture at all the big Tyson fights and was big friends with Jesse Jackson. They're starting to question the racism narrative and want opportunity.

Seems like that woman was also starting to see daylight.

Who built the cages, Joe?

/signed Bomma

Attachments

• 122207798_634288183911042_4892728270543778923_n.jpg
    122207798_634288183911042_4892728270543778923_n.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0

And of course totally balanced and fair that the topics are Covid, climate change, and race relations. Gee, I thought those were ******* covered in the first debate. Almost as if word got out from the Dementia campaign that the geezer could not remember new topics so let's replay the first ******* debate, topic-by-topic.

With Ice Cube, 50 Cent, Kanye, Leo 2.0, Herschel, Whitlock, and others, it's clear Trump's masculinity, policies, and attitude is resonating with black men who are tired of the liberal plantation.....

"Trump’s approval among likely black voters jumped to 46 percent, according to Rasmussen Reports data posted Friday morning, less than 24 hours after the final presidential debate."

National Daily Black Likely Voter Job Approval For @POTUS – October 19-23, 2020

Mon 10/19 – 25%
Tue 10/20 – 24%
Wed 10/21 – 31%
Thu 10/22 – 37%
Fri 10/23 – 46%

— Rasmussen Reports (@Rasmussen_Poll) October 23, 2020

+21 in 4 days. Needs 15% or less overall to win. Same trend with Hispanics and Asians. You do the Algebra.

But pervy joe is happy that he "can stay in his basement because black women keep the grocery store shelves stocked".

Yep joe, 'the blinders are off'.