• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Disagrees with school on ADHD, State takes 7 year old

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
This is unbelievable.

Camden Maple (shown) is seven years old and sometimes, according to his mom and dad, he is “rambunctious.” Administrators at his public school, however, insist that Camden is “mentally unstable.”

After an interview at the principal’s office at Bowman Primary School in Lebanon, Ohio, the school staff demanded that Camden’s parents seek professional mental health assistance to deal with their son’s disability. Christian and Katie Maple then proceeded to have a long discussion with Camden about his behavior, believing that they had solved the matter on the family level.

The following morning, though, the school called the Maples, following up on the administration’s suggestion that they take Camden to the hospital so that he could have his disorder properly diagnosed.

Mr. and Mrs. Maple, somewhat perplexed that the school would continue contacting them regarding their raising of their son, nevertheless explained that they had addressed the situation without the need of psychological or any other type of medical intervention.

The school in turn demanded to know the contents of the family’s discussion regarding Camden’s “condition.” The Maples informed the school that it was a private matter, but that ultimately they decided it was unnecessary to have Camden psychologically evaluated.

“The school thinks he is ADHD; we as parents disagree,” the Maples explained. “We believe that it stems mostly from boredom and not being challenged in the classroom. The school has tried on several occasions to get us to have him diagnosed, so that he can be medicated.”

When their offer was rebuffed, the school decided to call CPS, accusing the Maples of “health neglect.” After several visits to the Maples’ home, Camden was seized by CPS, taken from his parents and siblings, all because Christian and Katie Maple chose to challenge the authority of a school administrator and CPS.

Just because some medically untrained counselor decided that this kid had ADHD, CPS took the kid from his family. There was not even a medical professional involved in the reasoning behind the abduction by the State.

The poor kid is still not with his family.

Here’s how Magistrate Jennifer Coatney reportedly explained the scheme to Mrs. Maple:

“You see what happens? This is what will happen to your other children if you do not cooperate.”

As of today, the Maples are being forced to endure continuing psychological evaluations to determine if Camden will ever be allowed to return to his mom, dad, and siblings.

Of course, that decision will be made by the despotic forces of CPS and federal education, not by his parents.

It's like a bad dystopian movie, but it really happened in Ohio and they still don't have their kid. I have no idea how I would react if they took my kid like that.

Full story - https://www.thenewamerican.com/cult...year-old-after-parents-dispute-adhd-diagnosis

Conform or be punished.

My daughters school used to suggest to us that we have her evaluated and put on meds. My response was always "I am not putting my daughter on medicine because she's fidgety. Her first office referral was in Kindergarten for refusing to stop tipping her chair back. She's had a lot more office referrals. She graduates in May and wants to be a nurse.

I would track down the person that called CPS, tear their ******* head off, and remove that person's soul. If true, that story is a bunch of horse ****.

This story is bullshit. This is where my kids go to school and my son has ADHD. The kid in question apparently made statements of self harm and possibly suicidal statements and the parents were asked if they had done anything and were ignoring the issue. The school has a duty by law to report this. Imagine if they did not and the kid hurt or killed him self. The parents are milking this for money with a go fund me account and have some shady history. Don't believe everything you read. Lebanon schools are not perfect but this is agenda driven bullshit. It would be a non story but the school is not allowed to tell its side by law. My son has never been pushed for anything about his Tourette's or ADHD and they have tried hard to work with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
This is unbelievable.

Just because some medically untrained counselor decided that this kid had ADHD, CPS took the kid from his family. There was not even a medical professional involved in the reasoning behind the abduction by the State.

It's like a bad dystopian movie, but it really happened in Ohio and they still don't have their kid. I have no idea how I would react if they took my kid like that.

Full story - https://www.thenewamerican.com/cult...year-old-after-parents-dispute-adhd-diagnosis

It is unbelievable because it is not the whole story.

It is unbelievable because it is not the whole story.

Hope so. This story has a little more detail - https://medicalkidnap.com/2017/03/2...er-adhd-diagnosis-lose-7-year-old-son-to-cps/

What does not seem to be in question is the fact that the state took this kid from his family based on a medical diagnosis by the school counselor and social worker. Now that both the parents and the kid have had medical diagnoses, the results seem to be normal -
The court has ordered that Christian and Katie complete a psychological evaluation and a drug and alcohol evaluation. They are also to be randomly drug tested. Neither has any history, or so much as an allegation, of any drug or alcohol abuse or mental health issue. They have completed the evaluations, which all came back clean. They said that their psychological evaluator was “thoroughly confused” as to why they were even there.

Camden has also been subjected to both a physical and a mental health evaluation. From what the family has gathered, there are no concerns with the results, and no services have been ordered for Camden based on the results. However, social worker Katie Pyle reportedly stated to the Maples that she would like to see Camden do counseling at the school “just to make sure that he doesn’t have thoughts of harming himself.”

Their son is still not home. His siblings miss him and want to know when he is coming home.

Sounds ****** up to me. Will be checking for updates.

Hope so. This story has a little more detail - https://medicalkidnap.com/2017/03/2...er-adhd-diagnosis-lose-7-year-old-son-to-cps/

What does not seem to be in question is the fact that the state took this kid from his family based on a medical diagnosis by the school counselor and social worker. Now that both the parents and the kid have had medical diagnoses, the results seem to be normal -

Sounds ****** up to me. Will be checking for updates.

That site is crap. Medicalkidnap? Yeah no agenda there. That is the problem with this story all info comes from sites with an agenda. Basically this is all fake news. It has been well discussed by people who know the family here locally and their is much more to the story.

This is unbelievable.

CPS is separate and independent of the school. It says he was taken after several visits, I don't think you can conclude from that it was counselors doing. There are parents who are severely challenged when it comes to finding faults or problems with their children.

CPS is separate and independent of the school. It says he was taken after several visits, I don't think you can conclude from that it was counselors doing. There are parents who are severely challenged when it comes to finding faults or problems with their children.

I know a really nice lady whose kid is a complete *******. She seems to realize it and has given up fixing him. I suppose he always has been. Hopefully, if she moves here as intended, he calms down a bit, but I think the assholishness is pretty dug in by now. He keeps his head shaved so his head looks kind of like an ***, too.

This situation is nothing like these stories make it out to be. The schools can't respond to these things to defend themselves because of confidentiality laws. This gives the parents and those with an agenda free reign to say whatever they want without the truth coming out. Lebanon is a top 75 school in the State out of 700 some schools. We are a smaller division one school. Average around 400+ per grade. Spending per pupil is in the bottom 20% in the state yet we are near the top in graduation and test scores. The problem Is there are not enough teachers and counselors to truly spend the time needed with those that need help. They try. When a student has issues that could lead to self harm that by law has to be referred to CPS at once. From that point this is out of their hands. Not once has the school ever pushed us towards medication for my son even with severe ADHD and Tourette's. He recently chose to try a newer med. The only real issue we have had was getting teachers to truly follow his 504 plan we setup with the counselors. They just have too many students.

I just don't care for schools pushing adhd drugs on their students. I've heard other stories about this as well.

I just don't care for schools pushing adhd drugs on their students. I've heard other stories about this as well.

I have never seen it happen here. My son would have been a prime candidate for them to push it on. Having a counselor ask if it something you have considered is not pushing it but some people freak out at even the mention of it. Talking about something does not equate to pushing it.

I have never seen it happen here. My son would have been a prime candidate for them to push it on. Having a counselor ask if it something you have considered is not pushing it but some people freak out at even the mention of it. Talking about something does not equate to pushing it.

I agree that talking to parents about it is not pushing it. That's not what I'm referencing at all. I also have a nephew that has been quite a handful who school staff wanted to be medicated. My sister in law said no way and they did push some. She stood her ground though and they quit hassling her about it. I think that school districts are so varied in their approaches to challenging students and that the level of pressure exerted on parents to medicate their children also varies greatly.

I know a really nice lady whose kid is a complete *******. She seems to realize it and has given up fixing him. I suppose he always has been. Hopefully, if she moves here as intended, he calms down a bit, but I think the assholishness is pretty dug in by now. He keeps his head shaved so his head looks kind of like an ***, too.

That was a lovely backhand. From left field. Bonus points for connecting all the dots!!!

Repeat after me -

"I will never put my kids in public school again."

For the record, I was a public school teacher for 18 years.

This post is independent of the rest of this thread. I heard a song once, with a similar sentiment.

"Hey, teacher! LEAVE THAT KID ALONE!!!"

Live, 1994 it was awesome.

Oh man, that's something I'll always regret, never going to see Floyd live. I get by with putting "Pulse" in the DVD player every so often (can't believe they don't have a blu-ray version but there must be a reason).