• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do Democratic Sports team owners support Harris and her proposed taxes?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Harris proposed a 25% tax on UNREALIZED capital gains in a year...

Let me put this in perspective... if stocks or property you owned were to gain value in a year. Say a million dollars, you would owe 250k... even though you didnt sell them... and if the next year all of that crashed and you lost a million dollars, you could probably claim it as a loss and write it off, but the government isnt going to reimburse you for the taxes paid or anything..

My question is, what are these sports franchises like the Steelers going to do in that scenario?

From 2022 to 2023 tge steelers franchise value went up 0.65 billion dollars
That would be 162.5 million in taxes... even owning just 5% of a team would mean 8.125 million dollars in taxes... and these team increase in value every single season....

Can guys like tge Rooneys afford to support Harris?

Harris proposed a 25% tax on UNREALIZED capital gains in a year...

Let me put this in perspective... if stocks or property you owned were to gain value in a year. Say a million dollars, you would owe 250k... even though you didnt sell them... and if the next year all of that crashed and you lost a million dollars, you could probably claim it as a loss and write it off, but the government isnt going to reimburse you for the taxes paid or anything..

My question is, what are these sports franchises like the Steelers going to do in that scenario?

From 2022 to 2023 tge steelers franchise value went up 0.65 billion dollars
That would be 162.5 million in taxes... even owning just 5% of a team would mean 8.125 million dollars in taxes... and these team increase in value every single season....

Can guys like tge Rooneys afford to support Harris?

They get what they vote for. They're probably counting on special exemptions from their overlords.

It's OK, they'll eventually come for all of the money because of deficit spendings and a massive ever growing 35 trillion dollar deb. The interest on that alone is a blackhole.

So go for it. Support the marxists at your own peril. When it all goes to hell and nobody can afford to waste money on NFL entertainment, you'll have nobody to blame,but yourselves.

If she's elected I don't think that will really happen because it will hit too many of the Dems' big donors.
Same as she's talking about rent controls and commercial landlords, well the biggest commercial landlord is Black Rock and they give a crap-ton of money to the Democrats.

So, if my house's value increased a million dollars, I would owe 250k?
My question is... If the value is in the house and I only have 10k in the bank... How do I pay the IRS?

My question is... If the value is in the house and I only have 10k in the bank... How do I pay the IRS?
They'd probably take that big chunk if you sell it or pass away.

Of course they can do anything they want when in power.

You will own nothing and be happy.

Pay it or they take it from you. They take the 10k you have in the bank, take your home because you can’t pay the balance, you become homeless and go on the Government teat, then you start voting for more Dems because you are now beholden to them for your survival.

Her father was a Marxist economics professor from Jamaica and her mother also emigrated. Yet another red diaper baby all grown up. Didn't we try this already with the Kenyan who effectively did away with the natural born citizen clause? The Founders were wise and knew about the dangerous seeds of Jacobinism and what it could do in 1-2 generations.

Can anything good come out of Oakland?

Lol. You don’t have to worry bout your crib being a million. 😬

guess they'll take the house
Pay it or they take it from you. They take the 10k you have in the bank, take your home because you can’t pay the balance, you become homeless and go on the Government teat, then you start voting for more Dems because you are now beholden to them for your survival.
They'd probably take that big chunk if you sell it or pass away.

Of course they can do anything they want when in power.

You will own nothing and be happy.
Black Rock will buy your house and rent it back to you.

Time to get or build one of those tiny house sheds on an acre or two wherever you can find it. With the demand for housing exploding and Kamala's planned manipulation of the housing market on top of millions of illegals, people may have to learn to live smaller and be content with the things they have with food and shelter unless they want to be debt slaves forever.

and then the NFL owners in various cities will say they need new public-financed stadiums in order to compete. so you get to also pay for that. such good times ahead!

Time to get or build one of those tiny house sheds on an acre or two wherever you can find it. With the demand for housing exploding and Kamala's planned manipulation of the housing market on top of millions of illegals, people may have to learn to live smaller and be content with the things they have with food and shelter unless they want to be debt slaves forever.

I think a revolt would be a much better idea.