• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Don't shoot the messenger. Argue with Big al

If Tomlin is really that stupid he deserves to be fired today. Looking at film from last year? With a different QB in the game, with different players on the field...BRILLIANT! How about you look at the Ravens and what they have done THIS year, or look at what they were doing in the first qtr. and adjust from that. Well ****, it worked for Kordell and Bettis 12 years ago, lets try that game plan again.

So you actually think all the film from this year and last year were not reviewed seriously??

Last edited:
No that wasn't just his opinion that it was a **** game plan, it was widely viewed by people that cover the team as a **** game plan, but you're right Bell is averaging 5 you, so we only run him 10 times in Miami, but yep that has nothibg to do with the game plan

Do you acknowledged that Ben did not play well before the 4th quarter? And if you are what are your reasons for why. It was all gameplan for his poor play? Is that what you are saying??

Do you acknowledged that Ben did not play well before the 4th quarter? And if you are what are your reasons for why. It was all gameplan for his poor play? Is that what you are saying??
Ummm I've said several times that Ben didn't play well, coming off injury, young guys not knowing where to line up, game plan putting us in obvious passing downs.

Can you acknowledge the game plan was not working, and Tomlin saying they were comfortable trying to force the game plan on Baltimore because their O wasnt doing well is idiotic?

Yeah, pretty much. Once we went to our quick pace no huddle and it was like a light switch flipped on, I would say that is pretty obvious. The game plan played up to all of the Ravens strengths and most of our weaknesses. Nothing about that game plan says that we were prepared for what the Ravens were doing defensively. The fact that is too 3.5 qtr. to change is on Tomlin. The fact that Tomlin actually said the reason we didn't change it up was because the Ravens weren't successful on offense is 110% on Tomlin. Tomlin and his game plan cost us the Ravens game and it cost us the Dolphins game. His stubbornness and game management cost us the Cowboys game.

Baltimore was middle if the pack last season vs the run, and they were 4th against the run this season, so using last season's game tape would explain why we thought we could run on them, to bad it's 2016 and not 2015

baltimore was middle if the pack last season vs the run, and they were 4th against the run this season, so using last season's game tape would explain why we thought we could run on them, to bad it's 2016 and not 2015

^^^this^^^

Ummm I've said several times that Ben didn't play well, coming off injury, young guys not knowing where to line up, game plan putting us in obvious passing downs.

Can you acknowledge the game plan was not working, and Tomlin saying they were comfortable trying to force the game plan on Baltimore because their O wasnt doing well is idiotic?

I asked you about Ben. That's it. When there was opportunities with in said flawed gameplan Ben didn't make them. Does not that not contribute to the game plan not working. So again if you are using injury as an excuse how can you fault the coaches for using a gameplan that tries to insure he doesnt further injure himself??

So you honestly think we would not review tape of the last two times we played a team

From last season? Maybe if I was studying players tendencies or individual players strengths and weaknesses. Watching film of last year and deciding that is what we should do this year because their run defense was awful last year? That is Asinine with a capital A.

LMAO, hahaha you just can't put anything on Tomlin can you? It's pretty hilarious.

Dude do you even read what I said in other post? I mean why ask me the same damn thing again and again? I said I had NO PROBLEM trying to execute that game plan. Are you on board so far? It was stubbornly sticking to that game plan is what I'm bashing Tomlin for, especially when Ben wanted to go to the quick pace up tempo offense, and seeing how well that worked this week and the 4th quarter last week, isn't that on Tomlin for sticking to his game plan?

What plays were to be had? Yeah he missed Coates by 6 inches on a 40 yard throw, low % play, hell the great Tom Brady couldn't throw a 10 yard back shoulder ball Sunday night, what a ****** player uh? It's funny you ***** about the plays you think he missed, but don't ever bother to bring up the plays he made that got us back into the game, including hitting coates right in the hands for what would've made it 21-14 with 7 minutes or so left, or the drops James, Bell, Coates all had.

From last season? Maybe if I was studying players tendencies or individual players strengths and weaknesses. Watching film of last year and deciding that is what we should do this year because their run defense was awful last year? That is Asinine with a capital A.

Cool

Yes, you must be and are accountable for your actions, how you practice and how you play. BUT, the coaches are also accountable. If you are not practicing well or aren't playing well, they must be willing to yell, scream, bench, etc. to get you to where you need to be.

So you honestly think we would not review tape of the last two times we played a team

I'm sure they review. But the product of coaching is showing on the field. There is a lack of fundamental these guys are lacking. The defense is prone to giving up a 15 yard penalty cause of the lack of fundamentals in football. That falls on Tomlin and Butler to correct. The offense is doing just fine, besides an O line that will give up an occasional let down here and there. But the coaching and ****** playcalling is killing these guys on a weekly basis. Dating back to at least 2013

Not to mention players being out late at strip clubs the night before the Miami game and Cook and Filliponi on the field were talking about players being late to meetings too now, that's Bens fault though, so Tomlin doesn't need to worry himself with that.

Not to mention players being out late at strip clubs the night before the Miami game and Cook and Filliponi on the field were talking about players being late to meetings too now, that's Bens fault though, so Tomlin doesn't need to worry himself with that.

Case closed. Tomlin needs to stop being a players coach, take off his shades and coach the ******* team

This team has no desire to win a championship as a whole. You can't get it done with half the team being half assed or self absorbed.

actually, Al sees how the offense practices. The offense is obviously doing something right.

the defense...

He's facing our D so maybe the O looks better in practice than they really are?

Do you have a link for the strip club

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

No link, but I know others heard it, and it came from the same source that knew Bryant and Bell were in trouble with pot before it was made public

No link, but I know others heard it, and it came from the same source that knew Bryant and Bell were in trouble with pot before it was made public
Cool.... meanwhile

STEELERS

Roethlisberger scoffs at NFL Network report of meeting with Tomlin

When they make this a big drama like we went in and shut the door and hashed things out, it is completely false,” Roethlisberger said. “It is true in a sense that we went in and sat down, but we do that every week anyway. I am not sure why it became such a big deal this week.”

Roethlisberger went on to criticize the league-owned network.

“It always amazes me how the NFL Network, like do they bug everything? Are they assuming everything,” Roethlisberger said. “They are the ones who reported a few years ago that I asked to be traded, which had zero truth to it, no facts to it. I always wonder where they get this information.”

Roethlisberger did say that he did have a meeting with Tomlin last week after the team lost their third consecutive*game to fall to 4-4. He did not deny the topic of accountability being brought up during his sit down with Tomlin. He*did make it clear that meetings like the one with Tomlin happen routinely.

“Being the quarterback, a veteran and a leader of this team, coach Tomlin and I talk multiple times during the week,” Roethlisberger said. “There isn’t a week that goes by that we don’t have a behind-closed-doors talk and communication — state of the team, what I thought of the team, what I thought of the game, what I thought of the offense, what I thought of my play.”

Cool.... meanwhile

STEELERS

Roethlisberger scoffs at NFL Network report of meeting with Tomlin

When they make this a big drama like we went in and shut the door and hashed things out, it is completely false,” Roethlisberger said. “It is true in a sense that we went in and sat down, but we do that every week anyway. I am not sure why it became such a big deal this week.”

Roethlisberger went on to criticize the league-owned network.

“It always amazes me how the NFL Network, like do they bug everything? Are they assuming everything,” Roethlisberger said. “They are the ones who reported a few years ago that I asked to be traded, which had zero truth to it, no facts to it. I always wonder where they get this information.”

Roethlisberger did say that he did have a meeting with Tomlin last week after the team lost their third consecutive*game to fall to 4-4. He did not deny the topic of accountability being brought up during his sit down with Tomlin. He*did make it clear that meetings like the one with Tomlin happen routinely.

“Being the quarterback, a veteran and a leader of this team, coach Tomlin and I talk multiple times during the week,” Roethlisberger said. “There isn’t a week that goes by that we don’t have a behind-closed-doors talk and communication — state of the team, what I thought of the team, what I thought of the game, what I thought of the offense, what I thought of my play.”

I don't believe a players story to the media any more than I believe the media when they write their stories. None of them are going to give a real picture of what is going on, especially not the Pittsburgh media. For all I know, Ben overstepped his bounds, got caught, and now says the story is bogus. I will continue to judge Tomlin based on what I can see with my own 2 eyes and with my own common sense. Not scanning for articles that are no more than opinions if they are even accurate.