• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Don't shoot the messenger. Argue with Big al

I don't believe a players story to the media any more than I believe the media when they write their stories. None of them are going to give a real picture of what is going on, especially not the Pittsburgh media. For all I know, Ben overstepped his bounds, got caught, and now says the story is bogus. I will continue to judge Tomlin based on what I can see with my own 2 eyes and with my own common sense. Not scanning for articles that are no more than opinions if they are even accurate.
No need to scan when you pay for DK site you get alerts

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

That site you pay for puts this **** storm on Tomlin too.

Prior to the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday home game against the Dallas Cowboys, Aditi Kinkhabwala of the NFL Network had two reports on Twitter that certainly got plenty of attention.

“Ben Roethlisberger has been wanting more urgency, exactness from teammates for weeks now,” tweeted Kinkhabwala. “He asked Mike Tomlin this week to help demand it.”

Later she added this on Twitter.

“As told to me, Ben Roethlisberger had lengthy heart-to-heart with Mike Tomlin. QB wants greater seriousness of purpose from younger Steelers.”

During his weekly interview on 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger was asked to respond to Kinkhabwala’s reports and respond he did.

“It always amazes me how the NFL Network, like do they bug everything?” Roethlisberger asked. “Are they assuming those things? Obviously, they’re the ones that reported a few years ago that I was asking to be traded, which had zero truth to it, no facts to it. I always wonder where they get this information.

“Being the quarterback and being a veteran and a leader on this team, Coach Tomlin and I have talks multiple times a week. There’s probably never a week that goes by that we don’t have a behind closed door talk, communication, state of the team, what I thought of the game, what I thought of the offense, what I thought of my play, whatever it might be.

“So, when they make this like a big drama, like we went in and shut the door and hashed things out, or whatever it is, it’s completely false. It’s true in a sense that we went in and sat down, but we do that every week anyway. So, I’m not sure why it became such a big deal this week.”

What Roethlisberger said definitely makes sense and he probably enjoyed getting an extra jab in at the NFL Network in the process.

After Sunday’s game was over, Roethlisberger made sure to send a different kind of message during his post-game talk with media. If you remember, the quarterback made sure to use the words “undisciplined” and “accountability” several times during that interview when talking about the loss to the Cowboys.

On Tuesday, Roethlisberger was asked what the word “accountable” means to him.

“You have to be accountable to do your job. To do what you’re asked to do,” said Roethlisberger. “Whether that’s from the practice field, from meetings, to the game, the little details are the same thing that also add up to accountability. To do your job to the best of your ability and that makes you accountable to do your job. As quarterback, for instance, I’m accountable to get us in the best play possible, to make sure the snap count is on what it is, to those kind of things and I have to be accountable to myself and my teammates to make sure those things happen.

“And if they don’t happen, or there’s a little detail off, then the accountability’s off, or whatever, then – this is the ultimate team sport, we all know that and if one little piece of the puzzles out of place, then the whole picture’s messed up, or the whole picture can be messed up. Now, you can overcome things sometimes, but when you’re playing probably the best team in football like we did last Sunday, you can’t afford to have those little issues. And we watched the film yesterday as a team and Coach [Tomlin] was pointing out some of the small details. Some of them are big details, but some are just really small details that we need to hold each other accountable for.”

As previously reported by us, head coach Mike Tomlin also defined discipline and accountability during his Tuesday press conference so at this point, I think that topic has been driven well enough into the ground by now. It’s now up the entire Steelers team to show that they can correct these details both big and small Sunday in their road game against the Cleveland Browns. If they don’t, well, let’s not go there just yet. Let’s just say someone will need to be held accountable for a loss to a winless team.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...day-nfl-network-report-defines-accountablity/

every sinking ship needs a band leader. we know the tomlintanic band leader is from that shithole newark. i always love when we have one less newark dirtbag

OP tries too hard to blame anything and everything on anything but the head coach. Is Tomlin your cousin or something?

every sinking ship needs a band leader. we know the tomlintanic band leader is from that shithole newark. i always love when we have one less newark dirtbag

Am I offer still stands to meet you any where in jersey and have a nice discussion

Am I offer still stands to meet you any where in jersey and have a nice discussion

love how your ***** *** talks a big game join here. gave you all the info you need a very long time ago and crickets. i will gladly eliminate another newark waste with a big smile *****

love how your ***** *** talks a big game join here. gave you all the info you need a very long time ago and crickets. i will gladly eliminate another newark waste with a big smile *****

your ***** as talks a big game on here. sent you all the info you need a long time ago and crickets. i will gladly eliminate another newark waste

your ***** as talks a big game on here. sent you all the info you need a long time ago and crickets. i will gladly eliminate another newark waste
You have never sent me any info. No need to lie. Even offered to meet you at a neutral spot nunos in linden. So where would you like to meet

I find that if you lower your expectations, these horrible losses are a lot easier to take. Keeps you from screaming, yelling, and challenging fellow fans to fights. This team sucks right now. Doesn't really matter whose fault it is, but the burden of fixing it falls on many, not just one or a few.

You have never sent me any info. No need to lie. Even offered to meet you at a neutral spot nunos in linden. So where would you like to meet

offering to meet someone up a little childish, how old are you?

Bwaahaha joshy, whatre you doin! You an internet badass now??

I asked you about Ben. That's it. When there was opportunities with in said flawed gameplan Ben didn't make them. Does not that not contribute to the game plan not working. So again if you are using injury as an excuse how can you fault the coaches for using a gameplan that tries to insure he doesnt further injure himself??

And how can you not blame the coaches for designing a game plan that was playing to the Raven's strengths just to protect an injured QB, when they could've designed a game plan to attack the Raven's weaknesses using the 'healthy' QB and give the franchise QB another week to recover?

It's called closing ranks. Vilanueva is going to be loyal and try to set an example. We can all see the issue if we choose not to ignore it.

Clearly it's Arks fault.

And how can you not blame the coaches for designing a game plan that was playing to the Raven's strengths just to protect an injured QB, when they could've designed a game plan to attack the Raven's weaknesses using the 'healthy' QB and give the franchise QB another week to recover?
So now Ben was injured is the excuse we are going with.. that's why he missed the passes he did.. and Ben at 80% isn't better then Landry running the same gameplan?? Was the gameplan the best no.. but it did do what it was designed to do keep the hits on Ben to a minimum. And it also provided the opportunity for plays to be made by the QB. He didn't make them. And injury wasn't the excuse because all of sudden he was on on the 4th.

So now Ben was injured is the excuse we are going with.. that's why he missed the passes he did.. and Ben at 80% isn't better then Landry running the same gameplan?? Was the gameplan the best no.. but it did do what it was designed to do keep the hits on Ben to a minimum. And it also provided the opportunity for plays to be made by the QB. He didn't make them. And injury wasn't the excuse because all of sudden he was on on the 4th.

I think we all saw that Ben wasn't any where near his best. This was directly related to his injury. Ben at 80% is better than Landry running the same plan, but that was a gameplan to protect Ben, the game plan would surely not been the same had they sent Landry to play.

Ben injured was not the excuse, Ben being forced to play that unsuitable game plan was the main reason he didn't play well. Again, why sent Ben out with a ****** game plan like that? Why not better roll the dice with the substitute QB and let him earn his salary? Why is the point of carrying a 2nd and 3rd QB if the HC sends his franchise QB to play in one leg?

Did you actually see the game? Did you not notice Ben's improvement as soon as they went to the no huddle offense?