• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dr. Seuss is racist

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-845pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.74694dca9bae

One of Melania Trump‘s favorite books is Dr. Seuss’s “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!”, which she read with her son, Barron, “over and over” when he was growing up.

The first lady, who is increasingly carving out a public profile for herself, chose the classic children’s book and nine other Dr. Seuss titles to send an elementary school in Cambridge, Mass., in celebration of “National Read a Book Day.”

But a librarian at Cambridgeport Elementary School refused to accept the gift, criticizing both education policies by the Trump administration education policies and images in the books.

Seuss’s illustration are “steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures and harmful stereotypes,” librarian Liz Phipps Soeiro wrote in a strongly worded letter to Trump on Tuesday.

The librarian wrote that rather than sending books to a well-funded elementary school in Cambridge, Trump should instead be devoting resources to schools in “underfunded and underprivileged communities” that are “marginalized and maligned by policies put in place by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos.” Critics view DeVos, a billionaire who has worked for decades to promote school choice, or alternatives to traditional public schools, as one of the most anti-public-education secretaries in the department’s history.

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish is so racist, I can’t believe it’s still even published. The horror!

I do not like green eggs and ham sam i am. /racist

Gosh ******* bless!

How many more **** is racist?! A children's book?! Really?!

The titles included: "The Cat in the Hat"; "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish"; "Wacky Wednesday"; "Green Eggs and Ham"

Where was this skank ***** when THEY were doing it?

1506690123357.jpg

Commie skank

Liz Phipps Soeiro

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgaAAAAJGY4NTFhOWI4LWNkOTEtNDdhMC04OTRmLTg5NDFiZWQ2YWVjYQ.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Let's hope that's one of her favorite children's books.

why does it matter? seriously?

you, as a leftie, want to champion immigrants - legal or not - and applaud all things they do and accomplish. You never mention that she's - as onefor said - fluent in five languages. She has a couple degrees as well.

Pray tell, how many languages are you fluent in?
How many degrees do you hold?

Why is Melania Trump such a hot button for you, considering she has accomplished EXACTLY what your political side hopes for ALL immigrants - legal or not?

you, as a leftie, want to champion immigrants - legal or not - and applaud all things they do and accomplish. You never mention that she's - as onefor said - fluent in five languages. She has a couple degrees as well.

Why is Melania Trump such a hot button for you, considering she has accomplished EXACTLY what your political side hopes for ALL immigrants - legal or not?

this pretty much sums up that anything the Left says, implies or whines about holds no water for me. They will and always be hypocrites. It has to fit their narrative. Melania is a TRUMP, so she's fair game for ridicule. Got it.

And save the, "well, Michelle got ridiculed for 8 years!" Sure, she did and it wasn't right then, either.

Last edited:
Are here ear rings made from onion rings?

decipher her leg tats, they will have your answer

bitch_slap_-_get_this_satisfaction_look_on_your_face_today.jpg

What the librarian at Cambridgeport Elementary School has to say? Precisely! Who cares and why? So I made a mockery of it.

Seriously, the **** you people lose sleep over!

It's frightening who is teaching our kids these days. I'm just glad I live in a pretty Republican area...although many of the teachers are ultra liberal they have to keep it somewhat in check or the parents go berserk.

What the librarian at Cambridgeport Elementary School has to say? Precisely! Who cares and why? So I made a mockery of it.

I sleep very well, thank you. Shouldn't your newspaper be the ones aimed toward your post? They are the kings of writing about stupid ****.

Oh the selective outrage. Had a teacher received books from Moochelle and didn't accept them and said these words, your *** would have puckered so hard your man bun would have exploded right out of its hair band.

You're a Liberal Leftist. You are fine with McDonald's Asian Chicken Salad being deemed racist. With Dr. Seuss books being named racist. With expecting people to be on time being racist. With milk and grammar being racist. With all Conservatives being racist. Racism is your weapon du jour. Label someone as racist to marginalize them. Racism is how you create victim classes that the Left caters to. It's the Left's platform right now.

It's failing your side miserably however.