• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dreaming of Aaron Rodgers? His Instagram Posts Suggests He’s Leaving

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If you’re a Pittsburgh Steelers fan and you’re hoping the Steelers could get the 4 time NFL MVP.. well you could be in luck. It seems like a public decision could be made Tuesday on the Pat McAfee Show from Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is expected to be on the Pat McAfee show tomorrow and now the Packers GM is meeting with the media on Wednesday… https://t.co/Ywkd2mzSuS pic.twitter.com/H9jdqSHKkB

— Sterling Bennett (@49ers_Access) February 21, 2022

Now normally this wouldn’t exactly be anything that big, but his appearance tomorrow is now coming on the heels of this Instagram Post.

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers just posted this lengthy message on Instagram and included 10 photos. pic.twitter.com/PFe4HGLd3Z

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 22, 2022

Rodgers is a complete wild card, but he did claim he would make his decision before free agency began. That’s less then a month away. Who knows, the way he talked during his speech after he won NFL MVP made it seem like he was leaving Green Bay. That message on Instagram further promotes the idea that he’s leaving Green Bay. Maybe he’s just going to surprise everyone and retire.

Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Aaron Rodgers in Canton at one time? That would be something.

Our Gee Stryker broke down what it would cost salary cap wise to take on Rodgers contract:

Aaron Rodgers – $27.57M

Mr. Discount Double-Check himself is the current back to back league MVP and won his only Super Bowl against our beloved Steelers, however Steeler Nation seems to be the most excited in the prospect of adding him to the roster. His on field talent is unquestioned. He’s consistently getting Green Bay deep into the playoffs, and he knows how to win. Rodgers is also the oldest QB we will discuss at 38. I don’t know if he wants to be part of an offensive line rebuild in Pittsburgh, though he would love the talent on offense with Najee Harris and Diontae Johnson both making the Pro Bowl and young. He would have athletic players like Chase Claypool and Pat Freiermuth to throw to as well. We know that Rodgers is unvaccinated, and that is his choice, however league rules mandate 10 days away from the team for all unvaccinated players. If Ben Roethlisberger was unvaccinated, he would have missed 2 games since he was found positive the Saturday before a game. This is something to consider when you expect your quarterback to play, and vaccinated players like TJ Watt can return without missing a game if they test negative. So age and vaccination status are the only things working against me being all in for the talented Aaron Rodgers.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I'm dreaming we don't waste 2 1's and 2 2's plus a huge cap hit on Rodgers or anyone like him - especially in their late 30's. The Rodgers possibility makes about the least sense of any of the rumors out there. It would damage the team for a decade or more. It would take 5 years to build a team around him with no cap and no picks and he'll be long gone into retirement by then.

He still may be cut. That's the only way we would get him.

And If I'm signing him, it's 2 years max.

He still may be cut. That's the only way we would get him.

And If I'm signing him, it's 2 years max.
Why only 2 years? He has shown no signs of slowing and this is a QB friendly league now. He doesn't share Ben's leg or arm issues. Unless you are thinking he wants to retire sooner than later

Could be a retirement note as well.

My pipedream isn't over

yet.
Unless we bring in Adams first, I don't think Rodgers would want the Packers to facilitate a trade to the Steelers. I don't think he'd view Diontae Johnson with the same esteem that some do.

I don't think he'd view Diontae Johnson with the same esteem that some do.

Ben treated DJ with kid gloves compared to the tantrum Rodgers would have after his first dropped pass or play he quit on.

Unless we bring in Adams first, I don't think Rodgers would want the Packers to facilitate a trade to the Steelers. I don't think he'd view Diontae Johnson with the same esteem that some do.
Seems like the Pack is going to do everything in their power to retain him.Regardless of being cap strapped. That is a good point in general the Steelers don't do enough in free agency to attract a QB that seemingly wants to go to a team not afraid to stockpile. That is his main problem with the Pack. That they don't do enough to reach the level that is so desired.

Ben treated DJ with kid gloves compared to the tantrum Rodgers would have after his first dropped pass or play he quit on.
Think after what he went through with AB, he was more amicable to someone not a jackass

Why only 2 years? He has shown no signs of slowing and this is a QB friendly league now. He doesn't share Ben's leg or arm issues. Unless you are thinking he wants to retire sooner than later
Age. He's 38. Ben is 39.

Also if we pick up his current contract it is for 2 years. This year and an option year next year.

Could be a retirement note as well.

My pipedream isn't over

yet.
To be honest, I no longer want to go after him.

Just think we’ve got too many holes to fill & need some good drafts

You smokiN PeAce pipe ?

Salute the nation
I might be in wishing the Steelers aquire him. In the spirit world he is throwing passes to our WRs and TEs, and Najee.

Did you see the size of that chicken?

I might be in wishing the Steelers aquire him. In the spirit world he is throwing passes to our WRs and TEs, and Najee.

I will have to search more in my spirit world because I have not seen him there. Sometimes we see things in the spirit world ONLY to be different in our real world.

The size of the chicken could be many different things but mostly it is all about the spice. Two chickens may have two legs but four chickens probably don't.

When entering either world from one to the other you must be real careful on the size of chicken you may be riding due to head clearance and the amount of sky falling.

Lastly, if he is throwing to our various layers, are they catching and keeping the balls................. there is a difference

Salute the nation

cumxm.jpg