• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING – Steelers Reportedly One of Four Teams In On Aaron Rodgers WITH DEALS IN PLACE

I'm gonna put an 800 horsepower engine in my car. I think I can get by without modifying the transmission and rear axle. I mean, it was rated for at least 500 horsepower, so it should be okay, right?

Rodgers or the like will get seriously hurt without fixing the foundation of the parts that go into something that works well.

P.S. - I don't like losing either. Fix the foundation.
Orrrr do both. Get the QB and fix the Oline. I don't believe it has to be one or the other.

Orrrr do both. Get the QB and fix the Oline. I don't believe it has to be one or the other.
I'm not an expert on cap space, and I'll defer to you on that. But to bring an expensive QB in here without fixing BOTH lines and other problems just doesn't make sense in my simple mind. Maybe we have room for both, I don't know...I do know this - When Rodgers has to run like Ben did, he won't be happy.

I'm not an expert on cap space, and I'll defer to you on that. But to bring an expensive QB in here without fixing BOTH lines and other problems just doesn't make sense in my simple mind. Maybe we have room for both, I don't know...I do know this - When Rodgers has to run like Ben did, he won't be happy.
**** what QB would? Despite who is back there that OLine needs at least two free agents and one high draft pick.

If he comes here he'll be really pissed off about getting sacked 20 times by game 3.

I really like Rodgers, but can not get behind this move. Too much money / assuming high draft resources will leave us with nothing to work with. In order for Rodgers to maybe work we would need Adams as well which is near impossible. For that to happen it would have to be something like JuJu + Claypool + lots of money + high draft picks. I just dont see a valid scenario where rodgers comes here

18 career 4th quarter comeback wins.
Maybe because he was already ahead in the 4th so many times?
Sorry not true. He quits more than likely when he gets behind.

He is also only 11-10 in the playoffs.

Mahomes is 8-3 in the playoffs in 4 years while Rodgers is only 11-10in 15years. Hard pass on the front running *****.

Still better than Tomlin's 8-9 in the playoffs.

Discuss.

😇🥳

18 career 4th quarter comeback wins.
Maybe because he was already ahead in the 4th so many times
Does that mean that all those comebacks the last few years for us was because we could only score 3-7 points for the first 3/4?🙂🙂🙂🙂

yeah he sucks. I wouldnt take him for free. not a good qb. not a good human being. sucked on Game of Thrones. who wants this guy?

It's a QB League now...You will not compete without an elite QB...Plus HE WILL TAKE OVER THE OFFENSE...
How ELSE are you gonna wrestle away play-calling from the clutches of Matt Canada to provide a competent offense?

Steelers need a great QB yes, Look what the team did with an old & slow Ben! W/ Rodgers, you get another playoff game and the potential for more.

In recent years every team is perhaps 2 weapons away from the Super Bowl - the BenGALs anyone? The get a Q and big WR in lottery-like lucky picks and then Boom.

MOST important is how in hell is the team gonna overcome it's coaching staff? Matt Canada and Mike Tomlin calling the schemes and plays do so greatly hinder the team, but when you got a great Q like Ben - even pretty old - and TJ Watt, then you can win any game.

How do people not see that the steelers would be Super Bowl contenders with Rodgers?

Sure, the OL is bad but that can be very easily fixed. They have cap space. You sign 1 sold free agent and then make 1 good draft pick and the OL is fixed. Might not be great but it will at least be good enough.

The Bengals OL isn't very good. Burrow gets lots of pressure. Buffalo's OL isn't very good. The Steelers can easily build a good enough OL this offseason.

If they get Rodgers, then maybe that lures some other free agents who take a bit less for a Super Bowl run. Maybe a free agent like Allan Robinson finally wants to play with a real QB and takes a reasonable deal. JuJu probably would want to stay. He probably already does want to stay.

Why would DJ be gone? Are there trade rumors out there?
Because we probably can't afford to sign him or any of our own free agents, let alone other free agents to help the team in the many areas we need help in.

**** what QB would? Despite who is back there that OLine needs at least two free agents and one high draft pick.
What tier level OL FA do you believe we will bring in? I think we get a high draft pick on the line. Also, I think we get a few 2nd and 3rd tier OL FA's just for competition. We didn't fix this crappy OL last year for Ben and I just have to question why we would do it this season then? I can't believe that our FO actually thought going into the season our OL would be decent. Even with the thought of DeCastro coming back. You knew he wasn't the player of the past. Were they actually hanging their hat on Banner at LT? One of the worst OL's we have ever had. For a QB that was what? 38 or 39? Why would you even bring Ben back for that shitfest of an OL? Seems like our management put zero input into our offense last season....but hey. Two top FA OLman and a high draft pick(OL) along with Rogers or Wilson and we are all good. I can see our management pulling that off ......:rolleyes:

Rodgers’ cap hit is projected to be $46.1 million this year. The Steelers don’t have that much cap room. Besides, I don’t think he’s interested in throwing to Ray-Ray McCloud and Dionte Johnson.
That cap hit is not even close. That's the Packers cap hit with him on the roster.

When trying to figure out cap hits in a trade, you subtract all signing bonus and restructure amounts.

He'd cost about $27.5M here under that contract.

And the option year next year is the team's option. Not the players. The team he's traded to would have the right to exercise that option and they'd be dumb not to since it would only cost them $25.5M

What tier level OL FA do you believe we will bring in? I think we get a high draft pick on the line. Also, I think we get a few 2nd and 3rd tier OL FA's just for competition. We didn't fix this crappy OL last year for Ben and I just have to question why we would do it this season then? I can't believe that our FO actually thought going into the season our OL would be decent. Even with the thought of DeCastro coming back. You knew he wasn't the player of the past. Were they actually hanging their hat on Banner at LT? One of the worst OL's we have ever had. For a QB that was what? 38 or 39? Why would you even bring Ben back for that shitfest of an OL? Seems like our management put zero input into our offense last season....but hey. Two top FA OLman and a high draft pick(OL) along with Rogers or Wilson and we are all good. I can see our management pulling that off ......:rolleyes:
You look at Cope's answer for Aaron's price. Which isn't as much on the year as some think.

But my pipedream aside which I feel it still is.

I bring in a mid tier not bottom not top:

QB - perhaps Winston
RT
C
CB- this might be my priciest pickup
LG

Resign Edmunds and Witherspoon and Hass.

This is very doable. If the QB is higher tier we might have to tweak contracts to free up even more space. Joe, Tuitt, and Ben's dead money later. But to be honest I do that anyways. I actually would be hot on that before free agency. And not knuckle drag it out.

I draft a NT,WR, backup RB maybe a ILber and OLber or another CB.(BPA)

This is my approach I take.

Because we probably can't afford to sign him or any of our own free agents, let alone other free agents to help the team in the many areas we need help in.
DJ is already under contract for 2022.

Rodgers is building a house in Nashville. I don’t think this fact should be overlooked in assuming where he wants to play next year…. I think Rodgers on the Titans is hands-down the most complete team in the NFL if everyone stays healthy.

How do people not see that the steelers would be Super Bowl contenders with Rodgers?

Sure, the OL is bad but that can be very easily fixed. They have cap space. You sign 1 sold free agent and then make 1 good draft pick and the OL is fixed. Might not be great but it will at least be good enough.

The Bengals OL isn't very good. Burrow gets lots of pressure. Buffalo's OL isn't very good. The Steelers can easily build a good enough OL this offseason.

If they get Rodgers, then maybe that lures some other free agents who take a bit less for a Super Bowl run. Maybe a free agent like Allan Robinson finally wants to play with a real QB and takes a reasonable deal. JuJu probably would want to stay. He probably already does want to stay.
Problem is we won't have good draft picks or money to sign anyone after rodgers unless we gut the roster more