• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING – Steelers Reportedly One of Four Teams In On Aaron Rodgers WITH DEALS IN PLACE

That cap hit is not even close. That's the Packers cap hit with him on the roster.

When trying to figure out cap hits in a trade, you subtract all signing bonus and restructure amounts.

He'd cost about $27.5M here under that contract.

And the option year next year is the team's option. Not the players. The team he's traded to would have the right to exercise that option and they'd be dumb not to since it would only cost them $25.5M

That 25 mil is assuming he will play for that. It also doesn't take into account the draft capital the packers would need.

Rogers may not have input on the trade but unhappy campers tend to remain unhappy and if Aaron deosn't get what he wants............. well you see the GB situation.

I'm neutral as to were this may go but also know we need "trench warfare" help.

Salute the nation

That 25 mil is assuming he will play for that. It also doesn't take into account the draft capital the packers would need.

Rogers may not have input on the trade but unhappy campers tend to remain unhappy and if Aaron deosn't get what he wants............. well you see the GB situation.

I'm neutral as to were this may go but also know we need "trench warfare" help.

Salute the nation
It's really not Aaron's decision. You are trading for the contract, and that requires draft capital as compensation. He's being paid well and already agreed to it. If he was younger, he could have commanded a new contract. Now, no one is shelling $100M out on a 39yr old QB.

Can he hold out? Sure, but then he's done playing in the NFL.

It's really not Aaron's decision. You are trading for the contract, and that requires draft capital as compensation. He's being paid well and already agreed to it. If he was younger, he could have commanded a new contract. Now, no one is shelling $100M out on a 39yr old QB.

Sure it is Aaron's decision. He can refuse a trade. Just think how AB dictated his team.

As far as what a team will pay him. I am not sure of the total but he will get himself a nice *** chunk you can believe that. His play will dictate how much more than his age. He isn't showing drop off or injury prone.

When was the last time a drama like this, with a star player, had 4 known teams all with "deals in place"? This just seems like total offseason bs/clickbait

When was the last time a drama like this, with a star player, had 4 known teams all with "deals in place"? This just seems like total offseason bs/clickbait
I took it that they are just posturing for GB to up the anti.

I hear yaz Cope, I just hope if it happens Aaron isn't thinking he gets more $$$$ and both parties are happy.

Players seem to play harder when happy.

Salute the nation

What is the obsession with this guy? Yes he has been a good QB if not one of the best. But lets examine this. We don't even know if the guy is going to retire or not. Let's say he doesn't retire and wants to be traded. Do we have at bare minimum 45 million in cap space (possibly more) just for him? Are we willing to give up Draft picks and anything else for a guy who turns 39 this upcoming season? And are we willing to bring in one of the most Diva oriented QB's to play the game? This guy creates two things that are guaranteed every year with him. A bunch of stats and a bunch of drama! This is not a trade any smart team makes. Maybe just maybe if your legit a player away from a championship you consider it. Right now we are a player or two away from being in last place in the division and possibly the league.

The english language combined with every form of communication ever created doesn't have a word to express how illogical this is for the steelers.

I see Aaron if he is truly thinking about retirement, doing just that if the $$$denar$$$ isn't enough or stipulations with-in the new deal. If he doesn't like the "pot" then he will just pull the plug and retire.

I think that once the trade is solidified (not officially done) but Aaron doesn't get Aaron's way,...... he says I'm done.

OR

He just stays in Green bay

Salute the nation

What is the obsession with this guy? Yes he has been a good QB if not one of the best. But lets examine this. We don't even know if the guy is going to retire or not. Let's say he doesn't retire and wants to be traded. Do we have at bare minimum 45 million in cap space (possibly more) just for him? Are we willing to give up Draft picks and anything else for a guy who turns 39 this upcoming season? And are we willing to bring in one of the most Diva oriented QB's to play the game? This guy creates two things that are guaranteed every year with him. A bunch of stats and a bunch of drama! This is not a trade any smart team makes. Maybe just maybe if your legit a player away from a championship you consider it. Right now we are a player or two away from being in last place in the division and possibly the league.

The english language combined with every form of communication ever created doesn't have a word to express how illogical this is for the steelers.
His salary has already been discussed it isn't 44 mil..

Has it been discussed since its been said that he is seeking to be the highest paid in the league?
I'm on the No Train for Trading for AAAAAAAaaaaaron, but ...

Although Rodgers hasn't yet made a decision about his future, it appears he has made a decision about how much he thinks he should be paid in 2022. According to ESPN's Dianna Russini, the Packers quarterback is looking for a new deal that will pay him more money per year than any other player in NFL history.

"He wants to be the highest-paid player in the NFL by a wide margin, so we're talking about $50 million per year," Russini said this week on "The Rich Eisen Show."

Rodgers was asked on Friday about the speculation that he wanted to be the highest-paid player by a wide margin and he told Pat McAfee that the report was "categorically false." Of course, this could be simple semantics. Rodgers might want to be the highest-paid player, but he might be fine with $46 million per year instead of $50 million per year.

Has it been discussed since its been said that he is seeking to be the highest paid in the league?

When did he say that? I haven't heard that one but what source did you hear / get that from ? Just curious

If true, then Aaron will be unemployed unless some dumb-**** team takes that dip. (hope it's not the steelers)

Salute the nation

Yes. A trade would result in his upcoming salary for the season. He wants more obviously but that is where it stands now.

When did he say that? I haven't heard that one but what source did you hear / get that from ? Just curious

If true, then Aaron will be unemployed unless some dumb-**** team takes that dip. (hope it's not the steelers)

Salute the nation
Man i can't honestly say what story i got that from (it was a more recent one). Its one of the many breaking stories about him (there's been to many to keep up with). And yes some dumb team would be stupid enough to pay him 50 million or more. Its what bad teams do. The QB pay has gotten so ridiculous at this point and it is because of the bad teams that over pay that have driven the price up so much.

Either way this guy is drama and a bad idea for the steelers for ALOT of reasons.

Bringing Rodgers here to "help us out" is as bad IMO as asking Brady to do the same. I can't stomach it. Now Burrow or Josh Allen or the like is a different story as I don't picture them as a career Packer who beat us in a SB. :sick:

That cap hit is not even close. That's the Packers cap hit with him on the roster.

When trying to figure out cap hits in a trade, you subtract all signing bonus and restructure amounts.

He'd cost about $27.5M here under that contract.

And the option year next year is the team's option. Not the players. The team he's traded to would have the right to exercise that option and they'd be dumb not to since it would only cost them $25.5M
Nope next year he had converted into a voidable year… i think the money is guaranteed though

You look at Cope's answer for Aaron's price. Which isn't as much on the year as some think.

But my pipedream aside which I feel it still is.

I bring in a mid tier not bottom not top:

QB - perhaps Winston
RT
C
CB- this might be my priciest pickup
LG

Resign Edmunds and Witherspoon and Hass.

This is very doable. If the QB is higher tier we might have to tweak contracts to free up even more space. Joe, Tuitt, and Ben's dead money later. But to be honest I do that anyways. I actually would be hot on that before free agency. And not knuckle drag it out.

I draft a NT,WR, backup RB maybe a ILber and OLber or another CB.(BPA)

This is my approach I take.
This would work fine

My point is Rogers' contract as written, has value. Value close to those draft picks we hear being thrown around. If a new team has to sign him and get locked into a huge signing bonus, the draft capital would drop as a result.

Also if Rogers wants to be PAYED, he ain't coming to Pit, he's going to Denver.

I'm not sure I get the line of thinking behind it. This team is not close to being championship caliber.
Mike Tomlin can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag and he just lost his H.O.F. QB. Pretty sure Mike Tomlin really really really wants ANOTHER H.O.F. QB so he can carry on with the AMAZEBALLS 8-8-1 legacy.

Green Bay just resigned AR to a huge *** contract -pipedream over.😁

YES! No more Rodgers to the Steelers bullshit. The Packers just signed him for 4 years and $200 million. That will kill their cap for the next 4 years.

Why would Steelers want him and why would Rogers want to go to a team, lacking on OL a defense that cannot hold up? Receivers that every ball this year was fifty fifty. Makes no sense either way. Reality we are in a building period. To many draft picks that have not stood up during the last ten years. Yes, we have had some good players, but we also have had some bad influence players. This draft and this year will be an interesting time in Steeler football

Agreed. And add to this an offensive coordinator who is in way over his head, as he was when he was OC at LSU. The man just sucks and will be gone in another 1-2 years.

Highest paid player in the NFL...not by us

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers signed Aaron Rodgers to a four-year, $200 million contract.​

The all-consuming drama is over for now. Rodgers, a four-time NFL MVP, becomes the highest paid player in league history with $153 million guaranteed over his new four-year deal. Rodgers, 38, will be in his early-40s if he finishes out the contract. He'll likely end his career in Green Bay. Rodgers returning to the Packers is almost a guarantee that Davante Adams will re-sign with the team. QB-hungry teams like the Broncos, meanwhile, will have to look elsewhere this offseason. The Packers will headed in 2022 with their two most important players accounting for a huge chunk of their salary cap. The Jordan Love era has been put on hold.