• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Drew Brees

what would he gain from it?
i only question what prompted him to just come out and make that video.

A redemptive position in leading society as a voice on the issue(s) moving forward. He said it himself, "I want to be part of the solution."

Tony Dungy signaled already that Drew will be welcomed back and restored following his public emasculation. Drew's playing days are numbered. But his "legacy" is just beginning.

But ultimately, it's not about what he gains. He's part of the collective. It may have been part of the deal for his success. It may be that he is "not his own" as we think.

This wasn't Richie Incognito hitting all the white privilege notes, this was the modern Captain America Drew Bree Bree.

And you know, Drew Brees is no longer "his own" anyway. He's no longer free to say how he really feels about the flag -- if those were his true feelings. He'll be more remembered now for his comments on the flag even if he becomes a redemption story. The old Drew Brees character is finished.

Drew Brees will spend the rest of his days in his new role of redeemed, former "I did it ignorantly in unbelief"/white privilege racist" working for positive change.

He is no longer his own, and probably never was since he signed that deal.

Last edited:
People chuckle at the notion of "Humiliation Ritual." It's now being employed across the land. JMM or someone I believe shared how they were asked to "renounce their whiteness" on a Work Conference Call.

That's a Humiliation Ritual in itself and litmus test for continuing as a member of the group in good standing.

Humiliation Rituals are filtering down and are not just reserved for the Drew Brees of the world.