• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Duck Hodges Gets Hit Up

Country music is Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, George Strait, etc.
I'm not a big Strait fan... I'm more of an Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakam fan if we're talking about the 90s era stars.

For classic country, those you mentioned plus Charley Pride, Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, Johnny Cash.

Today's radio country is absolute trash. When the music has rap lyrics, auto-tune, and every damn lyric contains the "whiskey/friskey". "weekend/best friend", "cold brew/me&you" lyric rhymes, well, sorry, you ain't country. Not real, genuine country anyway. What's that other name? "Bro' Country?" Nope.

Lainey Wilson isn't too bad, but not my cup 'o tea.

Modern day artists I like are Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, Ryan Bingham, Whiskey Myers. I wish I wasn't as irritated by Chris Stapleton's voice as I am; I thoroughly enjoy his music, save for that voice.

This thread is lacking pictures, very disappointing. All that talk about a breathtaking *** and no pics about it.

A lot of unturned stones regarding images below the neck, obviously.

Only Skynyrd and swamp blues count as southern music in my eyes. Anything else is just pop music. Country music has always been horrible. Although I do enjoy a bit of Brooks & Dunn and old school Garth Brooks, a bit of Aldean cause he is an avid UGA supporter
The Outlaws and Charlie Danials were 2 of my favorites along with Skynard. I also like Molly Hatchet.

Saw a video on YouTube a while ago that said the majority of country hits right now are written by the same three people, which is why they all sound alike. Saw a guy named Frank Foster playing the pre-race show at Charlotte a couple years ago and liked him, bought a CD. Doesn’t get much radio play but he’s on YouTube.

Saw a video on YouTube a while ago that said the majority of country hits right now are written by the same three people, which is why they all sound alike. Saw a guy named Frank Foster playing the pre-race show at Charlotte a couple years ago and liked him, bought a CD. Doesn’t get much radio play but he’s on YouTube.
that does make sense. Probably why I like Luke combs. He writes the majority of his own songs.

This thread is lacking pictures, very disappointing. All that talk about a breathtaking *** and no pics about it.

A lot of unturned stones regarding images below the neck, obviously.
see Ron's post and video. Pretty good starting point.

The Outlaws and Charlie Danials were 2 of my favorites along with Skynard. I also like Molly Hatchet.
I prefer swamp blues personally. One of my favorite guitar styles to play(slide guitar). Check out Justin Johnson on youtube. That guy can play slide guitar like nobody’s biz

Country music is not my cup of tea for the most part. That’s your guys’ forte. I don’t hate country music like some people. I appreciate it, I respect any band that has members playing instruments regardless of genre.

I’m a younger member on this forum. So I grew up around alternative rock and the like.

Also being I’m from NM and also part japanese. I find my music taste shifting towards NM spanish music or Japanese rock. I respect the hustle out of the small bands in Japan. NM spanish has always had awesome guitar work.

Any commercial stuff will have the same writers. It’s pop music because it’s easy to produce and reach a mass audience.

Making an album for most artist who are not in the pop/commercial stream is hard work. Writing music and trying to make new sounds in a domain where every sound imaginable has been created in today’s music scene. Not to mention touring etc.

So whether it’s pop country, pop music(including pop rock, r&b etc) all has certain people behind the scenes to get the songs out within a seasonal time frame.

When people listen to music. They are listening to relate and have a good time. Easy to write songs based on the criteria you listed

I prefer swamp blues personally. One of my favorite guitar styles to play(slide guitar). Check out Justin Johnson on youtube. That guy can play slide guitar like nobody’s biz

Country music is not my cup of tea for the most part. That’s your guys’ forte. I don’t hate country music like some people. I appreciate it, I respect any band that has members playing instruments regardless of genre.

I’m a younger member on this forum. So I grew up around alternative rock and the like.

Also being I’m from NM and also part japanese. I find my music taste shifting towards NM spanish music or Japanese rock. I respect the hustle out of the small bands in Japan. NM spanish has always had awesome guitar work.
Japan has some amazing talent there. Have you heard of Lovebites? Holy cow can the play.

Have you seen Duane Allman play slide? Very similar to Gary Rossington of Skynard.

Nice. Zona is my witness to attending the Duck Hodges game in Arizona. My wife and son were also there, but they're family so might be accused of being biased. Hines57 was there but nobody believes a word out of his mouth. Mrs. Hines57 there and a very believable witness, but unfortunately has to answer for the fact she voluntarily chose to live with Hines57.

It is voluntary, right Mrs. H57? Blink twice if you need help.

Nice. Zona is my witness to attending the Duck Hodges game in Arizona. My wife and son were also there, but they're family so might be accused of being biased. Hines57 was there but nobody believes a word out of his mouth. Mrs. Hines57 there and a very believable witness, but unfortunately has to answer for the fact she voluntarily chose to live with Hines57.

It is voluntary, right Mrs. H57? Blink twice if you need help.
Brave talk when that 6' 10" behemoth isn't standing in front of you. :ROFLMAO: Seem to remember Cheryl Pollock being there as well, and probably others.

I'm not a big Strait fan... I'm more of an Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakam fan if we're talking about the 90s era stars.

For classic country, those you mentioned plus Charley Pride, Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, Johnny Cash.

Today's radio country is absolute trash. When the music has rap lyrics, auto-tune, and every damn lyric contains the "whiskey/friskey". "weekend/best friend", "cold brew/me&you" lyric rhymes, well, sorry, you ain't country. Not real, genuine country anyway. What's that other name? "Bro' Country?" Nope.

Lainey Wilson isn't too bad, but not my cup 'o tea.

Modern day artists I like are Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, Ryan Bingham, Whiskey Myers. I wish I wasn't as irritated by Chris Stapleton's voice as I am; I thoroughly enjoy his music, save for that voice.
You mentioned some great ones. I often use the Simply Radio app to find oldies country.
We light the fore pit, put on old country, and Mrs. Fan dances with me. Life is good.

Mel McDaniels is another one, brother. Actually, there are so many. Not the pop garbage they call country today.

I forgot to add that Mrs. Fan and I saw Alan Jackson at Cheyenne Frontier Days. Honestly one of the best concerts I have ever been to. He made you feel like you and four friends were sitting on Alan Jackson's porch listening to him play. Amazing concert.

There are only so many country topics: dog, truck, girl, lost my job, bourbon, etc.

Maybe I'm unaware, but I do not think there are many CW sings about the "existential duality of nature" and boring **** like that.

There are only so many country topics: dog, truck, girl, lost my job, bourbon, etc.

Maybe I'm unaware, but I do not think there are many CW sings about the "existential duality of nature" and boring **** like that.

Maybe I'm getting to be an old fart but newer rock doesn't do it for me. I've read this several times, that rock fans are migrating to country.

@Ron Burgundy there is a lot of music out there that is beneath the surface of what we see as headliners.

Of course every genre has their gatekeepers. But most people who are passionate about their genre are not migrating.

I love metal music/rock music but those fans are the biggest gate keeping snobs. They are not migrating.

Go to any metal festival like Blue ridge rock, slipknot, avenged sevenfold headlines, bad omens, motionless & white. Babymetal has already sold out tickets for select citys for their US fall tour. One thing a lot of those fans have in common. They bad mouth the hell out of other genres.

I personally listen to anything. Music is music and subjective by taste to individual. I think pop music across all genres are struggling because there are so many underground bands who have music freely available to streaming service.

Take the main pop stuff with a grain of salt. A lot of the big record companies are scared because their artist are not hitting anticipated sales.