• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Duck Hodges Gets Hit Up

Was watching the Ramon Foster show the other day and someone asked if Mon had any Duck Hodges stories. His eyes lit up over the memories of Duck. From Latrobe when people began to take note of his abilities all the way to that night in San Diego when Duck beat Phillip Rivers. You could tell that the team got behind Hodges 100 percent.
That game was probably Devin Bush's best night with Pittsburgh

Very cool story.
Like he was Roy Hobbs or something

GREAT analogy, referencing Roy Hobbs to boot.

I was 100% behind him but also knew it would be short lived………… hellA story though.

Salute the nation

There are only so many country topics: dog, truck, girl, lost my job, bourbon, etc.

Maybe I'm unaware, but I do not think there are many CW sings about the "existential duality of nature" and boring **** like that.
Check out "You Never Even Called Me by My Name" from David Allan Coe. Sums it up perfectly.

I'm not a country music fan, but I like that song.

He did like five straight shows here in bumble **** Saskatchewan. I didn't go but I must have been about the 2 percent who didn't. He is a great artist.
Ever drive through Rouleau, Saskatchewan?

No---but I'd love to!

The ONE ride Lunar gave you in the LUXURY S10, you passed out as he was driving through… (train ing session for Lunar)

We have video and GPS tracking to boot……..

Salute the nation

Isn't Garth a Steelers fan?
He is. Somewhere I have a photo of him and his entire crew, band, etc., all wearing Steelers jersies, each with the number 1. That couldn't have been a cheap photo op. It was about 50 people.

Southern Rock, agreed. Country music is Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, George Strait, etc.

Hank Williams, of course, and the ultimate country/rock blend, Johnny Cash. His Folsom Prison album is one of the greatest all-time.

Hank Williams, of course, and the ultimate country/rock blend, Johnny Cash. His Folsom Prison album is one of the greatest all-time.
My girlfriend forced me into going to an Alabama concert once. I always thought they were a little too mainstream for me, but they were pretty good. I guess they are much better live than the crap on the radio.

One of my all-time favorite albums was Johnny Cash's last one, where he sang hymns. Just him and his guitar. Great stuff.

My girlfriend forced me into going to an Alabama concert once. I always thought they were a little too mainstream for me, but they were pretty good. I guess they are much better live than the crap on the radio.

They are very good live. They did go through that "woke" or "pre-woke" phase briefly in the late 90s. Glad they got over it.

I know where it is and obviously the Corner Gas connection.... but No. Usually only travel North and then odd time to Regina.
Many of my favorite TV shows were filmed in Canada. Conner Gass, Rust Valley, Orphan Black, even Eureka was filmed in Canada.

One of my all-time favorite albums was Johnny Cash's last one, where he sang hymns. Just him and his guitar. Great stuff.

They are very good live. They did go through that "woke" or "pre-woke" phase briefly in the late 90s. Glad they got over it.
Right on Dj....

Cash's last album was dope!

Do the kids still say that?

Yep, I am one. No, not old fart but somebody migrating from rock to country. Yes, okay, I'm also an old fart, but you get my point.

I like 70's rock, mainly 80's rock, and a some 90's rock. New stuff? Pass.

Really like country now. My three stations are Sirius 33 (First Wave - 80's rock), 57 (No Shoes Radio) and 56 (The Highway).
I am an older fart ..Classic vinyl 26 Classic rewind 25...sometimes if I wanna try and feel young AltNation 36...Football season NFL 88....On the App Backyard BBQ

I know where it is and obviously the Corner Gas connection.... but No. Usually only travel North and then odd time to Regina.
Seeing that town spelled out always makes me smile, for some reason.

One of the first .45 records I wore out as a kid going through my parents record can Folsom Prison Blues.

I basically listened to 50's,60's and 70' music back then before switching gears into metal,blues and alternative.

Now what I find in the market is a bunch of overprocessed auto tuned garbage by people who can't sing at all and don't play instruments.

Right on Dj....

Cash's last album was dope!

Do the kids still say that?

Cash was such a fascinating character. Did albums of hymns and gospel, while being as big a druggie as any rock star. Even after he married June Carter he continued to have affairs. Including one with her sister.

Cash was such a fascinating character. Did albums of hymns and gospel, while being as big a druggie as any rock star. Even after he married June Carter he continued to have affairs. Including one with her sister.
I really think that his end-of-life conversation was legit.