• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Duck Hodges Gets Hit Up

You mentioned some great ones. I often use the Simply Radio app to find oldies country.
We light the fore pit, put on old country, and Mrs. Fan dances with me. Life is good.

Mel McDaniels is another one, brother. Actually, there are so many. Not the pop garbage they call country today.

I forgot to add that Mrs. Fan and I saw Alan Jackson at Cheyenne Frontier Days. Honestly one of the best concerts I have ever been to. He made you feel like you and four friends were sitting on Alan Jackson's porch listening to him play. Amazing concert.
There is a bunch of music apps that are putting a dent in record labels. Pop music, pop country, pop rock is a dying industry. All because these streaming services are introducing listeners to new bands, new genres

Maybe I'm getting to be an old fart but newer rock doesn't do it for me. I've read this several times, that rock fans are migrating to country.

Yep, I am one. No, not old fart but somebody migrating from rock to country. Yes, okay, I'm also an old fart, but you get my point.

I like 70's rock, mainly 80's rock, and a some 90's rock. New stuff? Pass.

Really like country now. My three stations are Sirius 33 (First Wave - 80's rock), 57 (No Shoes Radio) and 56 (The Highway).

There is a bunch of music apps that are putting a dent in record labels. Pop music, pop country, pop rock is a dying industry. All because these streaming services are introducing listeners to new bands, new genres
It made being a DJ, hell. The brides & grooms wanted songs no one knew, I had to purchase songs for only one wedding, etc. I don't miss DJing one bit.

There are only so many country topics: dog, truck, girl, lost my job, bourbon, etc.

Maybe I'm unaware, but I do not think there are many CW sings about the "existential duality of nature" and boring **** like that.

You forgot G-string wearing patio dancers……….broke and no thread……… sewing by the full moon light……..

Salute the nation

@Ron BurgundyMusic is music and subjective by taste to individual. I think pop music across all genres are struggling because there are so many underground bands who have music freely available to streaming service.
True, also radio basically sucks any more.

It made being a DJ, he'll. The brides & grooms wanted songs no one knew, I had to purchase songs for only one wedding, etc. I don't miss DJing one bit.
I couldn’t do it either lol. Thank God for streaming services. But too many request while a few brews in. No way lol

Sirius. $15 freaking dollars a month. I was driving from Arizona to SoCal 1-2x per month for about three years. Going through the Mojave Desert, no signals at all except a couple Spanish language stations. Said, "@#$% this," bought Sirius and never looked back.

Music is a struggling industry. Technology has changed radio. Granted you’ll get your up to date stuff through their respective news sources. Radio is experiencing the same response much like cord cutters and cable.

Most musicians are flocking to streaming, merchandise sales at concerts and youtube views.

So in reading over this thread, I believe we are in agreement on two points:
  • Country is gaining popularity.
  • Hines57 needs to hit the bricks, preferably after getting hit with a brick.

Funny but *Profanity Alert*

She is hot, HIT twice.

Duck had all the making of a “FOLK” hero
, except the talent and physical means……………… His story was good.

Salute the nation

Sirius. $15 freaking dollars a month. I was driving from Arizona to SoCal 1-2x per month for about three years. Going through the Mojave Desert, no signals at all except a couple Spanish language stations. Said, "@#$% this," bought Sirius and never looked back.
XM is like DirectTV in some ways, in that I only listen or watch a few stations, but have a choice of hundreds.

Bluesville for me and occasionally the deep tracks, classic vinyl stuff. .

I am not a country music aficionado. I play a couple Garth Brooks tunes on my Taylor Acoustic. Q. For those who are. Are the artists names real or made up. Because a lot sound like just a good ole country name. You would think there would be the odd Bill Smith.

XM is like DirectTV in some ways, in that I only listen or watch a few stations, but have a choice of hundreds.

Bluesville for me and occasionally the deep tracks, classic vinyl stuff. .

I’ve had XM in the past and am thinking of getting it again. Like you, lotSA station options but narrowed down to a 10, of course the NFL & baseball & Sports

Salute the nation

I’ve had XM in the past and am thinking of getting it again. Like you, lotSA station options but narrowed down to a 10, of course the NFL & baseball & Sports

Salute the nation
I canceled mine a back around Christmas. Most music is easily found on streaming services these days. Same with sports stuff. A lot of radio shows are easily accessible through podcast and have better content.

That’s $300 a year easily saved.

Japan has some amazing talent there. Have you heard of Lovebites? Holy cow can the play.

Love these girls.
They do a great job of utilizing traditional sound along with hardcore. Not as big as Lovebites. Lovebites, nemophila and babymetal have $$$ to back up their music lol.

I like the hustle from these ladies though

Yep, I am one. No, not old fart but somebody migrating from rock to country. Yes, okay, I'm also an old fart, but you get my point.

I like 70's rock, mainly 80's rock, and a some 90's rock. New stuff? Pass.

Really like country now. My three stations are Sirius 33 (First Wave - 80's rock), 57 (No Shoes Radio) and 56 (The Highway).
Steeltime...give Outlaw Country a shot...no pun attended. :)

I am not a country music aficionado. I play a couple Garth Brooks tunes on my Taylor Acoustic. Q. For those who are. Are the artists names real or made up. Because a lot sound like just a good ole country name. You would think there would be the odd Bill Smith.
Best concert I ever attended was a Garth Brooks show in Cleveland years back...and I have seen many of the rock greats while growing up in the Burgh...

At the time...I was very skeptical of seeing him live, but the wifey is a fan.
Glad I went.

Best concert I ever attended was a Garth Brooks show in Cleveland years back...and I have seen many of the rock greats while growing up in the Burgh...

At the time...I was very skeptical of seeing him live, but the wifey is a fan.
Glad I went.
He did like five straight shows here in bumble **** Saskatchewan. I didn't go but I must have been about the 2 percent who didn't. He is a great artist.

Last edited:
She is hot, HIT twice.

Duck had all the making of a “FOLK” hero
, except the talent and physical means……………… His story was good.

Salute the nation

Was watching the Ramon Foster show the other day and someone asked if Mon had any Duck Hodges stories. His eyes lit up over the memories of Duck. From Latrobe when people began to take note of his abilities all the way to that night in San Diego when Duck beat Phillip Rivers. You could tell that the team got behind Hodges 100 percent.
That game was probably Devin Bush's best night with Pittsburgh

Very cool story.
Like he was Roy Hobbs or something

Love these girls.
They do a great job of utilizing traditional sound along with hardcore. Not as big as Lovebites. Lovebites, nemophila and babymetal have $$$ to back up their music lol.

I like the hustle from these ladies though

I will check them out. Always looking for new music to wrap my ears around.

Reactions: MTC