• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Early training camp news per reports

Funny how perceptions change and our bodies adapt...I live on the coast and the atlantic is 85 here today. It is like bathwater and not refreshing at all. I generally don't walk down to the beach much this time of year - between the heat, the warm water and the tourists it is better to say home and mow the lawn. Come Mid september though I will be swimming like a fish.

I have a buddy in Arizona. He has shonw me some intense pictures like the 8.30pm picture of his dash showing 108 degrees. blech. I can't imagine y'alls lectric bills. does it cut into the bacon budget much?
In all honesty, my utility bills were cheaper on UT by far!!! Florida electricity is way overpriced (but we do have a pool now).

No, @DBS1970 that does not mean you're going to dip your *** in my pool when yinz come thru...

I personally do not care if people defend Tomlin or not(we all see what Tomlin is as a coach). We all can carry our own opinions. This is a discussion board after all.
Sure we do and that is why we are here. Some are just overly obnoxious in how verbose they are in incessantly repeating the same thing over and over again to almost the exclusion of all other thoughts. That isn’t necessarily directed at you. Some seem to have no other goal but to berate Tomlin at all costs and opportunities.

You missed the ******* point. As a team we made the playoffs with that **** show. With Average play at QB and play calling we would have won the division and possibly had the bye. All we needed last year from the QB and OC was average to be a good to great team.
The defense was not good enough to go anywhere last year or the past decade.

The defense was not good enough to go anywhere last year or the past decade.
That is your opinion. I think with a better offense we would be having a very different conversation about the quality of the defense. With even average play last year from the offense, they would have been in far different and better situations. They would have been on the field less and likely healthier to boot.

I remember a time when we had a great Offense led by Ben. A very good defense to boot. Didn't get us much. It all goes back to the HC and his philosophies and schemes. Until Rooney gets rid of Tomlin (which we know he won't) then we are not going to do much post-season....unless Tomlin suddenly learns from his prior failures. To date he keeps chugging along doing the same ole same ole thing. I expect the same this season....At best we squeak into the playoffs. Hopefully, if we do we can make it an actual game.

I know some are happy with a non-losing season with possibly a playoff berth, but others want to see so much more.

This is the camp I've firmly been entrenched in for a number of years now. I just got tired of bitching about it as I have zero control over it.

All I can do is hope they change the status quo in a way that allows an ecention back to the very top of the hill.

That is your opinion. I think with a better offense we would be having a very different conversation about the quality of the defense. With even average play last year from the offense, they would have been in far different and better situations. They would have been on the field less and likely healthier to boot.
I get what you are saying, an improved running game/offense would be a big help in keeping the defense fresher, and Payton Wilson has me about as excited as one can be for a rookie LB. But
This defense has been far too top heavy for me to trust down the stretch. they are 1-10 without Watt since 2017, and have given up a historical amount of points in the playoffs over the last decade, Thats the unfortunate truth. Not my opinion

I get what you are saying, an improved running game/offense would be a big help in keeping the defense fresher, and Payton Wilson has me about as excited as one can be for a rookie LB. But
This defense has been far too top heavy for me to trust down the stretch. they are 1-10 without Watt since 2017, and have given up a historical amount of points in the playoffs over the last decade, Thats the unfortunate truth. Not my opinion
The truth from a certain point of view. It ignores a lot of contributing factors. Multiple missing players at the same position. Offenses turning the ball over and over again and so on. It goes right back to what I said, better offense and we get to the playoffs with a likely healthier roster and hopefully less turnovers. That could easily have changed the narrative. Good offense helps make defense better. Just like turnovers from the defense can make an offense look better.

The defense has also had zero margin for error over the past couple of years. A complete lack of offense put so much pressure on the defense to perform at a ridiculously high level and they rose to the occasion a lot of the time. The issue is getting absolutely shredded when facing the NFL's elite. Too many blowouts, but then again, all occurred without any support from the offense.

The defense has also had zero margin for error over the past couple of years. A complete lack of offense put so much pressure on the defense to perform at a ridiculously high level and they rose to the occasion a lot of the time. The issue is getting absolutely shredded when facing the NFL's elite. Too many blowouts, but then again, all occurred without any support from the offense.
True
Offense has been bottom of the barrel since the killer Bee's were dismantled. But that doesn't give the Defense a pass for 1-10 record without TJ. They have been literal trash without Watt

I know Fields has his issues, he needs to be behind Russ and learn, Lear, learn.

If there is a chance for his success along the way, it might as well be with the STEELERS.

Salute the nation
As dedicated purveyors of the scrap heap for years we’re do to find a solid recycled QB in there, wouldn’t that be something

Not saying he’s that guy, but a kid can dream

For all those folks who have complained about Aiyuk's attitude should keep in mind that if he ends up a Steeler it is mostly because that's where he wants to be. I've seen multiple reports that the 49ers would have preferred to deal with the Browns, but Aiyuk wouldn't accept the deal there.