• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Early training camp news per reports

I just looked up the weather for Phoenix. 114 today. Everyone always says it ain't the heat, it's the humidity. What's your opinion on that?
Hot is hot, and the sun can be brutal. Fortunately I have a place in the middle of the Coconino National forest near Flagstaff at 7,000 feet to find cooler weather, but the sun is more intense there. In Phoenix you use evaporative cooling by jumping into the pool, and even though the water temperature might be 85 degrees, when you get out the air chills you for a minute or two anyway.

Looking at that picture the stupid stuff I think about. It's summer. It's gotta be hot out there. I don't understand these guys in long pants and sweatshirt layers like that coach. I don't mind working out in the heat, but I'm wearing minimal clothing, man. I'd be going out of my mind dressed like that.
I thought the same thing when I saw that coach. Lol

Hot is hot, and the sun can be brutal. Fortunately I have a place in the middle of the Coconino National forest near Flagstaff at 7,000 feet to find cooler weather, but the sun is more intense there. In Phoenix you use evaporative cooling by jumping into the pool, and even though the water temperature might be 85 degrees, when you get out the air chills you for a minute or two anyway.
It looks beautiful there. I've been out west, but north, the Tetons in Wyoming and Glacier. I would like to get to more of the southern west before I am too damn old.

Funny how perceptions change and our bodies adapt...I live on the coast and the atlantic is 85 here today. It is like bathwater and not refreshing at all. I generally don't walk down to the beach much this time of year - between the heat, the warm water and the tourists it is better to say home and mow the lawn. Come Mid september though I will be swimming like a fish.

I have a buddy in Arizona. He has shonw me some intense pictures like the 8.30pm picture of his dash showing 108 degrees. blech. I can't imagine y'alls lectric bills. does it cut into the bacon budget much?

Having lived in many different states I do find that hot is hot but humidity and the type of heat toward Arizona, Nevada, etc. leaves a lasting impression. As does the wind in the Windy City. That and Grafenwöhr Germany will forever race across my mind when I think of extreme weather in general. Some places just tend to stick out and pop back up when reflecting of times past.

Sounds like Wilson stoned Harris in Goal line. Other then injury can't see how off ball linebackers won't be great. Frankly I don't even mind Robinson

Having lived in many different states I do find that hot is hot but humidity and the type of heat toward Arizona, Nevada, etc. leaves a lasting impression. As does the wind in the Windy City. That and Grafenwöhr Germany will forever race across my mind when I think of extreme weather in general. Some places just tend to stick out and pop back up when reflecting of times past.
I've lived one place. And tge weather is extreme. -40 to + 40 C

Can I buy you a drink??? You seem extra tense...
I may need a few this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, I just think fans are way overestimating Smith, Fields and Wilson. Middle of the road would be a strong statement for any of these guys at this point in their careers.

Sounds like Wilson stoned Harris in Goal line. Other then injury can't see how off ball linebackers won't be great. Frankly I don't even mind Robinson
Wilson is probably fired up after Warren took him out of his cleats on backs on backers last week.

I may need a few this year. Hopefully I'm wrong, I just think fans are way overestimating Smith, Fields and Wilson. Middle of the road would be a strong statement for any of these guys at this point in their careers.
Considering we went to the playoffs last year with Canada, Mason, Mitch and Kenny, do we really need them to be more than average to make a significant improvement? Average would be a big step up from what we got from OC and QB last year.

Considering we went to the playoffs last year with Canada, Mason, Mitch and Kenny, do we really need them to be more than average to make a significant improvement? Average would be a big step up from what we got from OC and QB last year.
Average will be a step up from 3rd string Kenny and Canada. But as a Steeler fan average will never be good enough. Average is worse than bad because you don't even get high draft picks.

**** yes !!!!!

About time, but here again, I'm a little impatient as well............................................. or is that out-patient ???

I don't know why it takes so long to get these guys in their natural positions, but here we go.

Salute the nation
Troy wasn’t as raw as Jones coming out. It definitely wouldn’t shock me to see Troy start day 1.

Average will be a step up from 3rd string Kenny and Canada. But as a Steeler fan average will never be good enough. Average is worse than bad because you don't even get high draft picks.
You missed the ******* point. As a team we made the playoffs with that **** show. With Average play at QB and play calling we would have won the division and possibly had the bye. All we needed last year from the QB and OC was average to be a good to great team.

You missed the ******* point. As a team we made the playoffs with that **** show. With Average play at QB and play calling we would have won the division and possibly had the bye. All we needed last year from the QB and OC was average to be a good to great team.
I remember a time when we had a great Offense led by Ben. A very good defense to boot. Didn't get us much. It all goes back to the HC and his philosophies and schemes. Until Rooney gets rid of Tomlin (which we know he won't) then we are not going to do much post-season....unless Tomlin suddenly learns from his prior failures. To date he keeps chugging along doing the same ole same ole thing. I expect the same this season....At best we squeak into the playoffs. Hopefully, if we do we can make it an actual game.

I know some are happy with a non-losing season with possibly a playoff berth, but others want to see so much more.

I remember a time when we had a great Offense led by Ben. A very good defense to boot. Didn't get us much. It all goes back to the HC and his philosophies and schemes. Until Rooney gets rid of Tomlin (which we know he won't) then we are not going to do much post-season....unless Tomlin suddenly learns from his prior failures. To date he keeps chugging along doing the same ole same ole thing. I expect the same this season....At best we squeak into the playoffs. Hopefully, if we do we can make it an actual game.

I know some are happy with a non-losing season with possibly a playoff berth, but others want to see so much more.
I do not know 1 fan that is happy with being mediocre

I do not know 1 fan that is happy with being mediocre
There are Tomlin supporters that will mention his non-losing season angle when it is mentioned that it is past time to move on from Tomlin. A few in here in fact.

I do not think there is 1 person left who wants another 9-8 season. when big or lose big and get real change.
Maybe. Yet they are here to defend Tomlin at every turn when someone says a negative point on the Tomlin front.

There are Tomlin supporters that will mention his non-losing season angle when it is mentioned that it is past time to move on from Tomlin. A few in here in fact.
Just like there are some here who never fail to turn any thread into a Tomlin ***** fest. It really gets ******* old when we know he isn’t going anywhere. Maybe if people stopped constantly attacking him other would stop having to defend him and we could all be happier for not having to hear a dead horse get beat over something that isn’t changing.

Just like there are some here who never fail to turn any thread into a Tomlin ***** fest. It really gets ******* old when we know he isn’t going anywhere. Maybe if people stopped constantly attacking him other would stop having to defend him and we could all be happier for not having to hear a dead horse get beat over something that isn’t changing.
I personally do not care if people defend Tomlin or not(we all see what Tomlin is as a coach). We all can carry our own opinions. This is a discussion board after all.

Looking at that picture the stupid stuff I think about. It's summer. It's gotta be hot out there. I don't understand these guys in long pants and sweatshirt layers like that coach. I don't mind working out in the heat, but I'm wearing minimal clothing, man. I'd be going out of my mind dressed like that.
Maybe he is trying to lose weight? Sweat the pounds off, if you will...

I found that layers kept me cooler in Desert Storm so there's that.

I just looked up the weather for Phoenix. 114 today. Everyone always says it ain't the heat, it's the humidity. What's your opinion on that?
Combo. I've lived in both conditions for multiple years.

In my humble opinion humidity trumps pure heat because it's there before AND after the sun goes down. I don't work outside so this is my opinion jumping in car, with AC, and a short walk to the train, sitting on AC, and then a short walk across the street to the office - more AC.

When we went to Vegas last year--- the heat was lingering until about 10 or 11pm but I don't know how long it stayed hot. You go to bed sticky in Florida and wake up on that same state even with the AC and fan on all night...