• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ebola out of control in Africa

...and if the "Mr Scientists" can combine Ebola and AIDS .....now that would be a way to clear Africa for the lions

Ebola, bird flu, swine flu, flesh eating bacteria, seems like another terrifying health scare pops up very few days or so. I'm not making light of it, but I kind of view it the way I view getting hit by a falling piano or getting a brain tumor or having a tractor trailer flip over onto you on the highway. You can live your life frantically worrying about this stuff or just figure, if you're one of the unlucky ones this happens to, it's just your time.

That song needs more cowbell.

Will Ferrell agrees with you:

cowbell.gif

As long as you aren't' slurping up bloody diarrhea and drinking infected urine you should be OK

Are you sure it hasn't become airborne? They cant figure why this outbreak has gotten so big when generally it burns out by killing its victims off quicker than it can spread beyond a dozen cases or so.

Are you sure it hasn't become airborne? They cant figure why this outbreak has gotten so big when generally it burns out by killing its victims off quicker than it can spread beyond a dozen cases or so.

Truth.

Diseases with a high mortality rate and that are difficult to transmit are rare. Highly fatal diseases like AIDS have a long incubation period to give the host time to transmit the disease.

But where the disease is as fatal as ebola, it will constantly mutate and seek a quicker method of transmission to avoid "burning out" by killing the host too quickly. That is what viruses do - they mutate, constantly, to increase the disease's lifespan or ability to propagate.

I have my doubts about Small Pox being eradicated. I am willing to bet that it will pop up amongst some of these 18+ year old immigrant "children".

Throw in the things we vaccinate for that they don't and the bunch of new age parents around here that are now refusing to get their children vaccinated and any number of **** could pop up. I do believe measles has started making a come back here lately.

Throw in the things we vaccinate for that they don't and the bunch of new age parents around here that are now refusing to get their children vaccinated and any number of **** could pop up. I do believe measles has started making a come back here lately.

Haven't you heard, vaccinations cause autism.

Doctor on local talk radio this morning says he's not real worried about it spreading in America because we have better medical care (until BommaCare kicks in anyway), moreover ebola is primarily spread by fruit bats which we don't have in the U.S. and in Africa they use them to make bat soup which we don't eat here. The doctor said he prefers his bats barbecued instead of in soup (he's a funny guy).

Prediction: Small, "contained" outbreak in the U.S. Then it spreads to a point where quarantine becomes necessary. Come November, the mid-term elections are suspended due to the quarantine. Martial Law is instituted. Pfizer or some other pharma co. is successful in implementing a vaccine. Yay! Obama saves the day!

Only in red states. That's why Bomma is sending the immigrants there.

Last edited:
Ebola patient to be transferred to Atlanta's Emory hospital

ATLANTA (AP) - Emory University Hospital officials say there are plans for an American aid worker who has been diagnosed with Ebola to be transferred there for treatment.

Officials said in a statement Thursday the hospital has a special isolation unit that was built in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that's used to treat people with certain serious infectious diseases.

The unit is physically separate from other areas and hospital officials say staff are trained and fully prepared to care for the patient. The patient's identity hasn't been released because of privacy laws.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/26167239/ebola-patient-to-be-transferred-to-atlantas-emory-hospital

----------------------

It's always Atlanta

The-walking-dead.jpg

Isn't that the ace where they left chick pox in the closet?

Emory is also the best cancer hospital in GA. My dad went there for treatment. All those people there with compromised immune systems and Ebola around? **** no.

Coming to a home near you.....
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/02/health/ebola-doctor-quarantine/index.html?c=homepage-t

updated 4:06 AM EDT 08.03.14
U.S. doctor quarantines himself at home
By Faith Karimi and Joe Sutton, CNN
SHARE THIS
U.S. doctor isolates himself at home
A A A (resize font)
(CNN) - A retired American doctor who was working with Ebola patients in West Africa returned to the United States -- and put himself in quarantine.

Dr. Alan Jamison volunteered in the Liberian capital of Monrovia this month as part of an international medical group. He returned to the United States on July 25, according to Medical Teams International, the organization he worked with.

MTI declined to discuss details of how Jamison traveled back to the United States, including whether he was on a commercial flight.

Jamison, 69, said he's had no symptoms of the deadly virus, but has been in seclusion since he returned to his hometown of Morristown, Tennessee.

He plans to be in isolation for 21 days, which is the incubation period for the disease -- or the time between infection and onset of symptoms.

"My last encounter with a patient who had Ebola was on July 19," he said. "I contacted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on my arrival ... and informed them I had been in West Africa and my history."

The father of three said his daughter picked him up from the airport and dropped him at home, where he's quarantined himself and has had no contact with anyone since.

"I'm feeling normal and doing the typical things a person would do in their home," he said. " I have my family who can bring me food if I need anything, and they would not enter the house. They can leave items outside the home."

Ebola spreads through contact with organs and bodily fluids such as blood, saliva, urine and other secretions of infected people.

Patients are only contagious when they show symptoms, not during the incubation period, according to the World Health Organization.

Coming to a home near you.....
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/02/health/ebola-doctor-quarantine/index.html?c=homepage-t

updated 4:06 AM EDT 08.03.14
U.S. doctor quarantines himself at home
By Faith Karimi and Joe Sutton, CNN
SHARE THIS
U.S. doctor isolates himself at home
A A A (resize font)
(CNN) -
The father of three said his daughter picked him up from the airport and dropped him at home, where he's quarantined himself and has had no contact with anyone since.

"I'm feeling normal and doing the typical things a person would do in their home," he said. " I have my family who can bring me food if I need anything, and they would not enter the house. They can leave items outside the home."

Wonder how he decided which daughter should pick him up? If he has concern about them not entering the house why'd he decide to expose one of them to this crap to be his jitney driver?

Now someone just bit it in London. Why the **** haven't they quarantined Africa?