• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

elfie's look at me climate thread

Who said they weren't? And what are you planning to do about it? Since this is such an urgent , imminent threat, would you ban all cars? Are you going to stop driving your car?

Let me guess, your solution involves letting people continue to drive cars but making them hand over some more money to the government. Ya know, for the planet and all.

And it will still be fine for Obama, Gore, Leonardo, the the rest of the SJW AGW entourage to fly around the planet consuming jet fuel by the tens of thousands of gallons to preach the message. It will be fine for them to live in homes that consume more energy than 50 American homes combined. It will be fine for the US to pay carbon taxes that will obliterate our economy while allowing China and India et al not to participate.

Brilliant.

And it will still be fine for Obama, Gore, Leonardo, the the rest of the SJW AGW entourage to fly around the planet consuming jet fuel by the tens of thousands of gallons to preach the message. It will be fine for them to live in homes that consume more energy than 50 American homes combined. It will be fine for the US to pay carbon taxes that will obliterate our economy while allowing China and India et al not to participate.

Brilliant.

its like leading an antifa protestor to the bill of rights. you dont understand.
china, the country known for improving their standing in the world recently, has already implemented self imposed standards to reduce and eliminate smog and such.
meanwhile, we are still wrapped in the controversy of where to ******* piss.
maybe if we didnt have such distrakkktions... we could socialize and get **** done for the better of the gubmint.

Yeah how could 1.2 billion cars spewing poison daily be causing any harm to the atmosphere? Complete nonsense.
The warmists have done a great job of killing important conversations about pollution by relegating it to just one piece of the false AGW premise.

LOL...you're telling us that GW is causing these intense hurricanes, but then you turn around and say there's no a trend because of natural variability? How do you know natural variability isn't causing the intense ones? You have no idea and scientists don't either. Warming seas is also "natural variability". Sea temperatures fluctuate all the time, for a variety of reasons.

You're using typical scare tactics, and for what? What's your goal? You think some carbon taxes are going to reverse something that's capable of causing this massive natural disaster? You actually believe that? Give me a break.

Damn...nice beat down OFTB. Fist bump.

The warmists have done a great job of killing important conversations about pollution by relegating it to just one piece of the false AGW premise.

The facts of the matter are that the 1970 to 1990's pollution control measures were extremely beneficial and effective. Coal plants that dumped 1000 to 3000 ppm of So2 and 500 to 1000 ppm of nox into the air were emitting under 10 ppm of each by the late 2000's.... the latest batch that forced a great many plants to close actually caused the reverse effect... by setting max limits rather than cap and trade, plants actually raised emissions to save money on ammonia and carbon injections... because the Obama administration wasn't actually trying to reduce emissions, just close plants and steer industries overseas... you can tell by the way they legislated... they targeted certain factors regardless of overall impact so that they could shutter certain types of plants... it was outright evil and frankly some of those plants were lower co2 emitters than the ones left unaffected by the regs.... so it was driven by something outside the pollution factors...

I'm in the middle on this issue. I think stuff is overregulated, but i think the money should goto alternative energy sources.

On the other hand mother nature is way more powerful than man made stuff and i believe all this weather stuff is random. People who preach the global warming need to practice what they preach

By this do you mean you think I should subsidize someone's "green" energy company?

it is, likely and completely coincidental that the "someone" happens to be related to or a heavy contributor to -Insert politician here-<insert here="" politician="">.</insert>

The facts of the matter are that the 1970 to 1990's pollution control measures were extremely beneficial and effective. Coal plants that dumped 1000 to 3000 ppm of So2 and 500 to 1000 ppm of nox into the air were emitting under 10 ppm of each by the late 2000's.... the latest batch that forced a great many plants to close actually caused the reverse effect... by setting max limits rather than cap and trade, plants actually raised emissions to save money on ammonia and carbon injections... because the Obama administration wasn't actually trying to reduce emissions, just close plants and steer industries overseas... you can tell by the way they legislated... they targeted certain factors regardless of overall impact so that they could shutter certain types of plants... it was outright evil and frankly some of those plants were lower co2 emitters than the ones left unaffected by the regs.... so it was driven by something outside the pollution factors...

I was mowing the yard on Saturday and saw a monarch butterfly, first one I've seen in a few years. When I was a kid the things were everywhere. I live in the same town where I grew up. Was told a long time ago that air pollution was killing the butterflies. When I was a kid there was a steel mill in every town (sometimes two) and a chicken in every pot. Also smog and the smell of money. Mills are gone, jobs are gone, people are gone, and butterflies are still gone. So I'm having a hard time correlating air pollution and butterflies.

I was mowing the yard on Saturday and saw a monarch butterfly, first one I've seen in a few years. When I was a kid the things were everywhere. I live in the same town where I grew up. Was told a long time ago that air pollution was killing the butterflies. When I was a kid there was a steel mill in every town (sometimes two) and a chicken in every pot. Also smog and the smell of money. Mills are gone, jobs are gone, people are gone, and butterflies are still gone. So I'm having a hard time correlating air pollution and butterflies.
Its the warming.

Actually and ironically small stack gas plants and solar plants eradicate flying insects at a far grander scale than coal plants do.... solar plants just cook everything in its path... birds bugs, whatever gets in front of that undetectable stream...and stay by a simple cycle gas plant thats on and you will se a huge radius of dead butterflies, beetles, bees, and other flying insects that are attracted to the CO2 emissions and cook themseves alive in the intense heat... i was at one the last few weeks... its sad....

oh **** off already....this storm dropped so much rain because a high pressure system kept it from moving through like they normally do....it sat still and then moved back to the gulf almost directly over the route it took inland...

don't use this disaster to push your bullshit

oh and **** off elfie

I will keep saying it until it sinks in. Global warming and cooling events should not be noticeable in lifetimes. This one is noticeable in decades.. What is the difference to all cooling and warming events that have come before this one?

I will keep saying it until it sinks in. Global warming and cooling events should not be noticeable in lifetimes. This one is noticeable in decades.. What is the difference to all cooling and warming events that have come before this one?
So every remarkable weather event, in terms of decades, is a result of man made global warming and/or cooling?

So every remarkable weather event, in terms of decades, is a result of man made global warming and/or cooling?

How else is money gong to be made? By blaming it on natural cycles that nobody can fix by throwing cash at it? Not happening.

Global Cooling Alert!

Another Green Arctic Expedition Scuppered by Ice

A sailing expedition to the North Pole to raise awareness of global warming has been forced to turn back, 590 nautical miles short of its destination, after the yachts found their passage blocked by large quantities of an unexpected frozen white substance.

Pen Hadow’s attempt to sail to the North Pole has been rather embarrassingly brought to an abrupt halt by sea ice!

The furthest North they got was 80 degrees 10 minutes, and after being moored to an ice floe for a day, the decision was made to turn tail and head south.

image_thumb168.png

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/pen-hadow-gives-up-blocked-by-sea-ice/

Global Cooling Alert!

Another Green Arctic Expedition Scuppered by Ice

A sailing expedition to the North Pole to raise awareness of global warming has been forced to turn back, 590 nautical miles short of its destination, after the yachts found their passage blocked by large quantities of an unexpected frozen white substance.

Pen Hadow’s attempt to sail to the North Pole has been rather embarrassingly brought to an abrupt halt by sea ice!

The furthest North they got was 80 degrees 10 minutes, and after being moored to an ice floe for a day, the decision was made to turn tail and head south.

image_thumb168.png

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/pen-hadow-gives-up-blocked-by-sea-ice/

Damn.........are you related to this genius?

Damn.........are you related to this genius?

Please explain how it has been proven that anything that man has done has created global warming beyond natural variation. Just start there. Let me help you out. There is no proof, no evidence, and every assumption fails scientific testing.

Please explain how it has been proven that anything that man has done has created global warming beyond natural variation. Just start there. Let me help you out. There is no proof, no evidence, and every assumption fails scientific testing.

According to the best and most accurate data available the average global temperature has increased by 0.7 degrees in the last 100 years. Maybe some places have been warmer than normal but then places like where I live (Pittsburgh) have been colder than normal. Believe me, it ain't been much of a summer here, this year and the past several years. So if we're going to talk about GLOBAL warming then the only thing that matters is the average temperatures for the whole globe.

I've already answered every question that's ever been posed to me on this subject ad nauseum.

Better yet why don't you tell me what physical component that influences the earth's climate system is causing the current warming?

Here, let me save us some time and provide the idiotic answer that is surely coming:

" It's the SUN! Duh..."

I've already answered every question that's ever been posed to me on this subject ad nauseum.

Better yet why don't you tell me what physical component that influences the earth's climate system is causing the current warming?

Here, let me save us some time and provide the idiotic answer that is surely coming:

" It's the SUN! Duh..."
You've offered proof! I have to see that. Please repost. That will be momentous.

Regarding the "current warming", you will have to be more specific. In any event, I don't need to explain natural cycles. I'm not the one promoting these silly theories. In fact, the sun is an obvious and logical factor in these cycles. Duh.

I was yea close to turning the heat on last night.

You've offered proof! I have to see that. Please repost. That will be momentous.

Regarding the "current warming", you will have to be more specific. In any event, I don't need to explain natural cycles. I'm not the one promoting these silly theories. In fact, the sun is an obvious and logical factor in these cycles. Duh.

TvsTSI.png

Jesus...the stupidity combined with the denial is blinding, just like looking into the face of the sun..........

Last edited: