• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

elfie's look at me climate thread

This whole thread was based on amount of flooding in one area. This storm did not have any more rain than any other storms for hundreds of years. It stalled over the same area for days. That has nothing to do with global warming. Its just bad luck.

Question for you. What gas makes up 98% of all greenhouse gasses? It sure the **** aint CO2.

The high pressure system over the Texas panhandle that kept it locked in place was absolutely caused by the jet stream drifting farther north because of AGW, that fact is indisputable.

The high pressure system over the Texas panhandle that kept it locked in place was absolutely caused by the jet stream drifting farther north because of AGW, that fact is indisputable.
you are hilarious tell us another

you are hilarious tell us another

You're right it was actually over New Mexico. There were actually 3 blocking highs, but the one over the southwest had the most influence.

Damn, thanks for clearing that up with those sage words. I was going to look at actual data but who needs that stuff anyway?

I'll just chuck this graph in the recycle bin.......................

billion-us-2016-rev.png

this is a bullshit graph. rebuilding things that were effected takes into account cost. that cost is sum of worker fees as well as material, meeting regulations, going past projected time, etc, etc. your bullshit graph also doesnt account for the expansion of cities and communities into areas that PREVIOUSLY were sparsely populated but which are now thriving. Do you seriously not understand what you post?

In elfie world, a car manufacturer which sold a car in 1970 for $2,000 should still be selling the same car for $2,000.

So....the jet stream is caused by global warming? You are dumb as a rock!

First of all let me say that my thoughts and hopes are with the people of the Texas coastal bend, especially for Coolie who I have verbally sparred with many times on this board.

That all is just political B.S. and has no bearing on my hopes that he and his family are safe.

Now on to what CONservatives have turned into a political issue when it's NOT.

This is a one in 1000 year event(get used to that changing). As the National Weather Service stated in a tweet " we have never seen anything like this, unprecedented."

A few years ago edreed4preez and I had this discussion on this forum and I brought up how the extra 5% moisture we've added to the atmosphere because of the increased warming would cause extreme rainfall events like we've never seen......well, here we are.

Some areas around Houston will recieve close to 50 inches probably when this thing is done.

That area has had 5 one hundred year rain events in the last 16 years.....let that sink in before you post the usual idiotic " Hurricanes happen all the time" or " flooding is normal for that area."

For you Trumptards that means flooding events that should happen once every 100 years have now happened 5 times in the last 16 years.

Record breaking events....one after the other:

Katrina

Sandy

Haiphan (spelling?)

And now Harvey

AGW doesn't care about your politics....the best is yet to come, stay tuned.

You're right it was actually over New Mexico. There were actually 3 blocking highs, but the one over the southwest had the most influence.

which kept it from going further into Texas, causing even more damage.
in fact, had the racist jet stream pushed even further south, it would have kept the hurricane completely out of Texas.
what we need is more jet stream.
amirite?

The pre industrial revolution level of CO2 was 280 parts per million. It is 400ppm now.

So the scant 120 ppm or .012 % increase in atmospheric C02 levels caused by mankind since the start of the industrial revolution did this?

What are you doing on your part to stop AGW elfie?
I suggest stop breathing.

So....the jet stream is caused by global warming? You are dumb as a rock!
It's pretty funny. Cause and effect completely reversed. The current thinking is that El Nino caused the rise in temps recently, following a long period of no warming at all -
But on its website home page yesterday, Nasa featured a new study which said there was a hiatus in global warming before the recent El Nino, and discussed why this was so. Last night Dr Schmidt had not returned a request for comment.

Other experts have also disputed Dr Schmidt’s claims. Professor Judith Curry, of the Georgia Institute of Technology, and president of the Climate Forecast Applications Network, said yesterday: ‘I disagree with Gavin. The record warm years of 2015 and 2016 were primarily caused by the super El Nino.’

The slowdown in warming was, she added, real, and all the evidence suggested that since 1998, the rate of global warming has been much slower than predicted by computer models – about 1C per century.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-rise-not-man-emissions.html#ixzz4roIoFwRs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's pretty funny. Cause and effect completely reversed. The current thinking is that El Nino caused the rise in temps recently, following a long period of no warming at all -
And like I said elsewhere, if El Nino makes it warmer in one place and colder somewhere else, then the average temperature is relatively unchanged.

Professor Judith Curry, of the Georgia Institute of Technology, and president of the Climate Forecast Applications Network, said yesterday: The slowdown in warming was, she added, real, and all the evidence suggested that since 1998, the rate of global warming has been much slower than predicted by computer models – about 1C per century.

Bullshit. Michael Mann, an egalitarian and the most noble creature to grace the planet, says so. And so does elfiePolo, and 97% or 58% or 93% or 25% or some other ******* made-up number, of climate scientists, when asked, "Hey, is it warm in here?"

It is a problem when the facts don't align with a political agenda.

I just remembered this.

Reactions: JMM