• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

elfie's look at me climate thread

It's the WEATHER!. We do not control it or effect it. Holy ****.

TvsTSI.png

Jesus...the stupidity combined with the denial is blinding, just like looking into the face of the sun..........
yes it is. What is that supposed to prove?

Heat, Smoke, and Fire Assault Western States: All-Time Record Heat in California

Bob Henson · September 3, 2017, 4:35 AM

Can someone explain to me the natural "cycle" that is causing this? I'm asking because I keep hearing over and over about record breaking rainfall, snowfall, drought, and temperatures.

While Harvey was turning Houston into an ocean, California is on fire....ahhhh...we'll be fine.

The steamy, fiery summer of 2017 hit a new crescendo this weekend across the U.S. West, which is getting its hottest Labor Day weekend on record in many locations—and in some spots, the hottest weather ever observed. Overall, "this is the greatest statewide heat wave ever recorded in California,” proclaimed WU weather historian Christopher Burt on Saturday night. Burt based his conclusion not only on the heat’s intensity but on its widespread nature well beyond California’s usual scorching locations. Even an escape to the cool Pacific shore was pretty much futile, as easterly downslope winds funneled scorching air from the interior into coastal sections that are normally mild and sometimes chilly even in midsummer. Readings also soared above 110°F across California’s Central Valley, although such heat is not quite so unusual for late summer in that area.

California’s Bay Area has been the focal point of the weekend’s most extraordinary heat. Temperatures soared to 106°F in downtown San Francisco on Friday and 102°F on Saturday. Friday’s reading was the hottest ever measured in downtown SF, where temperatures have been observed since 1874. Friday’s 106°F handily topped the previous record of 103°F from June 14, 2000, and Saturday was only the second high of 102°F in downtown history, matching Oct. 5, 1987. “To put this in perspective, the average high temperature for the city these two days is just 71°F,” said Chris Burt, who lives in the East Bay region. “Friday night’s temperatures failed to fall below 85°F at several hill locations near me (I dropped to 81°).” He added: “It is so hot in our home I can hardly think. No air conditioning, of course.” Heat-related illnesses overwhelmed San Francisco hospitals on Friday, according to the Bay Area NWS office. It would not be shocking to see multiple Bay Area fatalities during this heat wave, given the multi-day intensity of the heat and the Bay Area’s lack of air conditioning.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/h...estern-states-all-time-record-heat-california

Hey, he's gotta earn a paycheck somehow doesn't he? And if he tries to sound extra loony he will probably even get a bonus.

Hey, he's gotta earn a paycheck somehow doesn't he? And if he tries to sound extra loony he will probably even get a bonus.

A paycheck for what? It's not changing a damn thing. I'm sure it has a few Facebook accounts as well. I have hundreds of those turds blocked so I don't have to read their infantile left wing crackpot jibberish.

I understand how facts can sound looney to the ignorant. Here have some more craziness:

Climate catastrophes striking "From sea to shining sea ..."

At this time, America the Beautiful is facing a painful reality of being flooded, scorched, and threatened from 'sea to shining sea' by climate catastrophes.

Houston is just starting to dry out from Hurricane Harvey's 50 inch rain totals.

California is burning up

A major Labor Day weekend heat wave with scorching over 106F degree temperatures in San Francisco.

Los Angeles is burning, with the largest wildfire in LA's history.

Washington and Montana (here too) are burning up.

Record breaking heat in Oregon and Washington in August

Glacier National Park is burning and evacuated.

The East Coast is beginning to batten down the hatches.
Hurricane Irma could be a category 5 hurricane.

Storm tracks remain extremely uncertain, but odds are growing that somewhere on the East Coast will suffer a direct hit from this major hurricane.

Something that all these events share ... climate signals, signs (with scientific basis) that human-driven climate change is exacerbating the situation.

Climate catastrophes are happening not just From Sea to Shining Sea but across all the seas -- massive flooding in South Asia (with thousands dead and millions displaced), mudslides in West Africa, drought in Italy and massive fires in Portugal, record low-levels of Arctic ice, melting Greenland, ...

All too often, commentators will argue that "we must act now to avoid catastrophe ..." Looking at flooded Houston and burning Los Angeles, it is far past time to face reality: we are already in catastrophe and feeling catastrophic impacts. (Consider what you might have thought would be 'catastrophe' in terms of climate impacts decades ago ..) Across the globe, human-driven climate change (AGW) is exacerbating, accelerating, worsening, amplifying weather events to make hard situations into horrible. And, the situation will get worse -- no matter what -- due to latent impacts (the time delay) from the pollution we've already pumped into the atmosphere.

What we -- humanity -- does have is a choice to act to reduce just how catastrophic those events and the future situation(s) will be, to reduce the risks of total calamity for human society.

Even as the occupant of the Oval Office declares climate change a "Chinese Hoax" and fills the US government with climate science deniers, reality is reality ...

on the East coast this summer we have been concerned about global cooling. Have only been warm enough to get in pool a dozen days.

we have been tracking weather for a little over 100 years. the planet has been around a bit longer. doubt it is a record.

When isn't Cali burning in the summer?

Shut off the sprinklers, let it turn back to desert

I see your hair is burnin'

Hills are filled with fire

on the East coast this summer we have been concerned about global cooling. Have only been warm enough to get in pool a dozen days.

we have been tracking weather for a little over 100 years. the planet has been around a bit longer. doubt it is a record.

Where I live it's been cooler than normal the last few years. It averages out. Anyone who has taken a statistics class knows that the smaller your sample size the less accurate your conclusion. Cherry picking data from only certain parts of the planet makes it meaningless.

I understand how facts can sound looney to the ignorant. Here have some more craziness:

At this time, America the Beautiful is facing a painful reality of being flooded, scorched, and threatened from 'sea to shining sea' by climate catastrophes.

Houston is just starting to dry out from Hurricane Harvey's 50 inch rain totals.

California is burning up

A major Labor Day weekend heat wave with scorching over 106F degree temperatures in San Francisco.

Storm tracks remain extremely uncertain, but odds are growing that somewhere on the East Coast will suffer a direct hit from this major hurricane.

Something that all these events share ... climate signals, signs (with scientific basis) that human-driven climate change is exacerbating the situation.

Climate catastrophes are happening not just From Sea to Shining Sea but across all the seas -- massive flooding in South Asia (with thousands dead and millions displaced), mudslides in West Africa, drought in Italy and massive fires in Portugal, record low-levels of Arctic ice, melting Greenland, ...

All too often, commentators will argue that "we must act now to avoid catastrophe ..." Looking at flooded Houston and burning Los Angeles, it is far past time to face reality: we are already in catastrophe and feeling catastrophic impacts. (Consider what you might have thought would be 'catastrophe' in terms of climate impacts decades ago ..) Across the globe, human-driven climate change (AGW) is exacerbating, accelerating, worsening, amplifying weather events to make hard situations into horrible. And, the situation will get worse -- no matter what -- due to latent impacts (the time delay) from the pollution we've already pumped into the atmosphere.

What we -- humanity -- does have is a choice to act to reduce just how catastrophic those events and the future situation(s) will be, to reduce the risks of total calamity for human society.

Even as the occupant of the Oval Office declares climate change a "Chinese Hoax" and fills the US government with climate science deniers, reality is reality ...

Yeah they are called natural disasters.....and they've been happening since the ******* dawn of time. Spare me. Instead of running around in hysterical circles screaming "Trump and Russia! Trump and Russia!" it's running around in circles screaming "Man Made Climate Change!" The only difference is with Climate Change,for a million of your dollars they can help make it go away. Now for 10 million, they will fix it permanently!

Last edited:
Where I live it's been cooler than normal the last few years. It averages out. Anyone who has taken a statistics class knows that the smaller your sample size the less accurate your conclusion. Cherry picking data from only certain parts of the planet makes it meaningless.

Yeah but it sure does keep the funding rolling in!

Yeah they are called natural disasters.....and they've been happening since the ******* dawn of time. Spare me. Instead of running around in hysterical circles screaming "Trump and Russia! Trump and Russia!" it's running around in circles screaming "Man Made Climate Change!" The only difference is with Climate Change,for a million of your dollars they can help make it go away. Now for 10 million, they will fix it permanently!

Damn, thanks for clearing that up with those sage words. I was going to look at actual data but who needs that stuff anyway?

I'll just chuck this graph in the recycle bin.......................

billion-us-2016-rev.png

You're right we should never cherry pick, so let'e look at the whole planet......oh oh........

listentothee.png

Hmmmmmm....I wonder of there is a correlation between global temperatures and the number of global climate disasters ???......naahhhhhh the guy on Fox News that Exxon pays(Mark Morano, Tim Ball, Judith Curry, etc.)told me it's all " fake news". We're good.

gliksongraph7-data.jpg

You mean it is hot and dry in the desert of southern California? Who'd a think it.

Michael Mann's reluctance to open his data collection up to the piblic should invalidate everything he claims... much like the Trump tax returns libs love to harp about... if everything is really on the up and up there is nothing to hide

You're right we should never cherry pick, so let'e look at the whole planet......oh oh........

NASA says 0.7* C over the last 100 years, which is essentially not even noticeable. Your own graph shows that. It's just broken down in one-fifth degrees so it looks like a bigger increase than it really is. Hell, my temperature goes up 0.7* just when Mrs. Burgundy puts on something silky and sexy.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/GlobalWarming/page3.php

Last edited:
billion-us-2016-rev.png

Katrina - 2005. $108 billion in damage, but not mentioned as a severe storm or flood. That graph is crap.

California is burning up

What a bunch of ****! How do you get through each day?

What a bunch of ****! How do you get through each day?

Just like all libtard progressives do, they believe their own lies and then suck their thumbs in their safe spaces while being blissfully ignorant of real life. Rinse, repeat.

This whole thread was based on amount of flooding in one area. This storm did not have any more rain than any other storms for hundreds of years. It stalled over the same area for days. That has nothing to do with global warming. Its just bad luck.

Question for you. What gas makes up 98% of all greenhouse gasses? It sure the **** aint CO2.

billion-us-2016-rev.png

Katrina - 2005. $108 billion in damage, but not mentioned as a severe storm or flood. That graph is crap.

That graph is for the number of events per year, so Katrina was just one event tallied for 2005 that was over a billion dollars. Doesn't matter if the event was a billion and one dollars, or 999 billion dollars, each event counts as one only.