• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

EPA chief calls for 'aggressive' rollback of regulations

Spike

Reaction score
Best election ever

Newly minted Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt on Saturday spoke of an "aggressive" agenda of regulatory rollbacks, criticizing the previous Obama administration for being so focused on climate change."

In a question-and-answer session at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Maryland, Pruitt blamed the Obama administration for failing to tackle more state-based environmental issues, such as a decades-old water quality issues in Oregon tied to a nuclear facility in Washington.

"What has happened over the past several years, is the previous administration was so focused on climate change and so focused on CO2 that some of those other priorities were left behind", he said.

"We as Republicans don't have anything to be apologetic about with respect to the environment nothing, he added. We have always believed that you can grow jobs, grow an economy, while also doing what? Being a good steward of the environment."

“I think there are some regulations that in the near term need to be rolled back in a very aggressive way,” he said. “And I think maybe next week, you may be hearing about some of those, as it relates to some of these key issues.”

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...lls-for-aggressive-rollbacks-of-environmental

------------------------------

More riots next week?

I just want my incadesent (sp?) light bulbs back. **** these spiral things that don't light up ****. And yes it was a bureaucrat, not congress, who decided what type of light bulb I could have. MAGA

I just want my incadesent (sp?) light bulbs back. **** these spiral things that don't light up ****. And yes it was a bureaucrat, not congress, who decided what type of light bulb I could have. MAGA

You mean the ones that don't spew mercury if you accidentally break them?

You mean the ones that don't spew mercury if you accidentally break them?

My wife dropped one the other day and broke it. I told her you have to call the EPA and Haz Mat for disposal. She says you're ******** me. I said no, it's true.
She swept up the pieces and threw them in the garbage.

Walmart had a sale on incandescent bulbs a couple years back when this whole bulb scare started. I bought a bunch. Probably enough to last my lifetime anyway and then they turn around and keep selling them...wtf,

th
th

The future is not them curly florescent things anyway, LEDs will be the next wave.

kitchen_color.jpg

But they are still too expensive.

Q. Should you replacing a CFL bulb with an LED bulb?
A. Maybe. Investing $40 in a replacement LED will result in $35 of electricity savings and $5 in bulb savings in 16 years... that's a long time, so the energy savings might not justify the up-front investment. However, if you are replacing a CFL because the bulb broke or burned out, the location may be unsuitable for CFL bulbs, either too prone to accidents, vibration or voltage-fluctuations via a dimmer switch. LEDs don't suffer from these ills.
http://www.cockeyed.com/science/LED_bulbs/LED_bulbs.html