• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ESPN’s Louis Riddick Speaks on Terrell Edmunds’ Progression

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Current host of Monday Night Football on ESPN, Louis Riddick sat down with G. Stryker on the Steeler Nation Podcast earlier Tuesday morning to discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I was able to ask Riddick a question via Twitter while watching the podcast live. I asked Riddick what he thought about Terrell Edmunds‘ progression at the strong safety position. Here is Riddick’s response to that question:

“Yea, I think when you’re talking about the safeties overall, Terrell needs to become that all around ball player, kind of like Minkah [Fitzpatrick] can be.” He continued, “If you can have two guys like that, two guys who you can deploy in multiple different ways. As far as, whether they play split safeties, single safety, down in the box, blitzing, covering backs, covering tight ends, the better. That’s what you want from him. I think his deep field play is the area that you would want to have be the same or rather be on par with a guy like Minkah, so you can kind of like interchange those two. He’s probably a guy, who obviously is maybe a little bit better the closer you have him to the line of scrimmage, second level or down on the line of scrimmage, but I think there is obviously room for him to improve his game and room for him to take his game to the next level. So, we’ll see what happens.”

Check out more of Riddick’s interview with the SteelersNation Podcast by clicking HERE.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

IE, he's a straight up Strong Safety and doesn't show the range to trust him much in coverage.