• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT – Steelers Set to Interview ESPN’s Louis Riddick for GM Position

And, I'll answer that while I don't think Tomlin lost the locker room this year, I believe his effectiveness as a Head Coach in Pittsburgh has run its course. Head Coaches can stay in one place for so long that while their players "love" them, the message gets stale. Ironically, since we've been talking about him, we saw this scenario in Philadelphia with Reid.
I'm not totally sure what the Reid comparison is here. What I'd Reid's value? He has a shitload of Bridesmaid awards. He hit jackpot with Mahomes but certainly should have more than one title. Another year no SB and he should be on the block in my opinion.

I'm not totally sure what the Reid comparison is here. What I'd Reid's value? He has a shitload of Bridesmaid awards. He hit jackpot with Mahomes but certainly should have more than one title. Another year no SB and he should be on the block in my opinion.
Let's clarify the Reid comment then. Reid in Philadelphia was a coach who had stayed in one place for too long. He'd had success in the past, but his messaging got stale and he wasn't achieving the success that was expected. It was time for him to move on. Not to mention that he had final say on all personnel decisions. So, similar to my thoughts on Tomlin, but different circumstances as far as personnel decisions.

All of this is a digression from the discussion on Riddick though.

Let's clarify the Reid comment then. Reid in Philadelphia was a coach who had stayed in one place for too long. He'd had success in the past, but his messaging got stale and he wasn't achieving the success that was expected. It was time for him to move on. Not to mention that he had final say on all personnel decisions. So, similar to my thoughts on Tomlin, but different circumstances as far as personnel decisions.

All of this is a digression from the discussion on Riddick though.
To me Riddick is very much an outside candidate. I don't mind them having a look but he is no slam dunk. I think Andy Reid is a good coach, but has a lot of trouble winning the big one. He is one guy I'd give Tomlin a fair shot against in an even matchup.

To me Riddick is very much an outside candidate. I don't mind them having a look but he is no slam dunk. I think Andy Reid is a good coach, but has a lot of trouble winning the big one. He is one guy I'd give Tomlin a fair shot against in an even matchup.
I don't even think he gets the job. But, like I said earlier, it can't hurt to turn over every stone. Get some outside perspective on what these guys see as positives and negatives of the franchise. Maybe they hear some things that help them out. Even if they don't eventually hire the guy they hear it from.

I will take this one on. Reid's value is he makes that team competitive. They win and win often. Not just during the season but playoff games. And he gives the team a realistic chance to do it every season. Pretty much the opposite of what we have now. No playoff wins. Being blown out instead of competitive. **** seems to be some pretty damn good value in that. I would love for that man to be a Steelers head coach. I will add to it he is a roster filler. Making good tough decisions. The o-line stunk they quickly refurbished it. They built speed around Mahomes strength arm strength and mobility. Titles are the ultimate want, but at least he gets you to the ballpark in comparison vs constantly looking from the outside in. Yeah plenty of value there.

I will take this one on. Reid's value is he makes that team competitive. They win and win often. Not just during the season but playoff games. And he gives the team a realistic chance to do it every season. Pretty much the opposite of what we have now. No playoff wins. Being blown out instead of competitive. **** seems to be some pretty damn good value in that. I would love for that man to be a Steelers head coach. I will add to it he is a roster filler. Making good tough decisions. The o-line stunk they quickly refurbished it. They built speed around Mahomes strength arm strength and mobility. Titles are the ultimate want, but at least he gets you to the ballpark in comparison vs constantly looking from the outside in. Yeah plenty of value there.
He is not a bad coach at all he is a very good coach. And like with Cowher there is something to be said for getting to the dance too. But let's not pretend Reid has not had problems once he got there. He has 4 straight AFC championship games at home and has a SB to show for it. That ain't great and it was pretty much the same in Philly. Slash you know my thoughts on Tomlin but I stick by that. Tomlin could win an even big game against Reid. I really believe that. He wouldn't win one out of ten against Belichick though.

He is not a bad coach at all he is a very good coach. And like with Cowher there is something to be said for getting to the dance too. But let's not pretend Reid has not had problems once he got there. He has 4 straight AFC championship games at home and has a SB to show for it. That ain't great and it was pretty much the same in Philly. Slash you know my thoughts on Tomlin but I stick by that. Tomlin could win an even big game against Reid. I really believe that. He wouldn't win one out of ten against Belichick though.
Yeah but 4 straight we can't even sniff one. I think he is clearly a better decision maker in comparison. Better X and O coach. I can't factor bill-acheat in discussions because I don't know what his true record would be without the cheating. So for sake of discussion I will leave him out of the chat. I do agree that Reid has had some over the top issues. But for me that is a good problem to have in comparison. Now if we want to bring in other coaches into the convo very fond of Arians and the Rams coach. Really just not an abundance of top tier available. But the consistency with Reid **** even in Ben's elite years how many AFC championship games did Tomlin bring? 2? For me that coach is clearly an upgrade. Which is what I desire for our team upgrades.

Apparently they still haven't interviewed him yet so maybe they won't.
Flip side. They interviewed Flores without anyone knowing/reporting. So, maybe they have or will.

Reid = Cowher. The only difference is Pittsburgh let Cowher stay long enough to win a Championship. Philly didn't...