• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

EXCELLENT article about player complaints

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Article is VERY well written by LeeAnn, thank you.

Kordell Stewart talks a lot about diversity and how to handle it being a player. It's a business and their job to produce.

Article is on HOME page as well.

Salute the nation

In my opinion the real cracks in the Tomlin leadership are going to show for everyone. I think he has damn near lost this team. And it's not getting better next year. I know he won't be gone this year but the voices are going to get loud and I'm thinking next will be his last.

I get the fact that players want the targets, leading to more catches and yards, leading to more $$$$ in their pocket. And I understand that as well, we all work hard at our jobs in order to be compensated. However, football is a team sport for the purpose of entertaining the fans, and winning games is kind of important in that equation. The problem arises when a player like Mr. Big Chest is more upset with lack of targets than winning a game. Note to current players, don't be like Mr. Big Chest.

Tomlin has no control each week players are pointing fingers and today in Charolette Johnson and Allen complete lack of control and Tomlin has no answers. this is a losing team and not very good. Tomlin has reasonability to stop the talk, he allowed allegedly Johnson and Trybanski to get into to it at halftime. Johnson was at it again today. Yes, he had some plays but he could have easily cost the Steelers a TD and the game. Tomlin pats Pickens on the back for his actions on the sidelines, We need some new leadership.

Is it just me or is history being revised a little bit here. I always thought the Steelers wanted Stewart to continue in the Slash role but he was adamant he was going to play QB.

Is it just me or is history being revised a little bit here. I always thought the Steelers wanted Stewart to continue in the Slash role but he was adamant he was going to play QB.

I think it was a combination of both. He was a hell of a slash role who played QB.

He decided he wasn’t going to be a wide receiver but going to be a QB. Maybe that is the confusion…..

ALSO he was the first Pittsburgh Steelers QB to have a season completion percentage over 60%. Neil Odonell or any other QB before, couldn’t do that.

Salute the nation

I believe they actually wanted him to play WR full time.

Honestly not much meat in the article. But let's be honest every wide receiver complains about getting the ball sometimes with only a few exceptions.

Honestly not much meat in the article. But let's be honest every wide receiver complains about getting the ball sometimes with only a few exceptions.
Because unless a WR is getting the ball he is just running around doing nothing. Hines Ward being a notable exception.
Stewart also had the misfortune to be here when Cowher hired two consecutive window-lickers for OC, Sherman and Gilbride.

I think it was a combination of both. He was a hell of a slash role who played QB.

He decided he wasn’t going to be a wide receiver but going to be a QB. Maybe that is the confusion…..

ALSO he was the first Pittsburgh Steelers QB to have a season completion percentage over 60%. Neil Odonell or any other QB before, couldn’t do that.

Salute the nation
Not a big fan of completion percentage as a meaningful statistic. Total yards and yards per attempt. Completion percentage could just mean a bunch of 2 yard dump passes as we've witnessed the past few seasons.

Not a big fan of completion percentage as a meaningful statistic. Total yards and yards per attempt. Completion percentage could just mean a bunch of 2 yard dump passes as we've witnessed the past few seasons.
Cordell played in 1997 + & - of that era, not in today's meaningless pass happy rules league.

And it was the first time a STEELERS QB had higher than 60% season completion. For that era of football, it wasn't a bad completion %.

I hear what you're saying steelcan58, but not fair to compare to today's passing standards.

Salute the nation