• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Facebook post I saw today....

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
So one of my friends posted this and I guess the intent was for everyone to be shocked and appalled at what Trump is doing, but all I could think of is this...how the hell did we get to the point in this country where the federal government is involved in all of this ****? I see this laundry list of government bureaucracies, no wonder we are so far in debt. Founding fathers should be rolling in their graves...

OMG The Reign of TP begins what a SH**SHOW. Thanks Amy for this list, WOW!!
This is worth a fb cut and paste if you're keeping tabs on the insanity of the first few days.
I think it's safe to say our worst fears have been realized. I don't ever want to hear the words, "let's just wait and give him a chance," uttered again.
To recap:
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Fossil Energy.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after RTing factual, side by side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.
* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.
* On January 20th, 2017, a member of the International Workers of the World was shot in the stomach at an anti-fascist protest in Seattle. He remains in critical condition.
* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 cheerleaders to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.
* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”
* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.
* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.
* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.
* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.
* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.
* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts.
* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.
* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Director of the Department of Health and Human Service nominee Tom Price characterized federal guidelines on transgender equality as “absurd.”
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.
* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.
And today: the wall and a Muslim ban.
If you plan to share, please copy and paste rather than share. You'll reach more people.

And I'm thinking...did the founding fathers ever intend the federal government to fund "The Arts"? Or public broadcasting? Or overseas private investment? Or global abortion counseling? I mean seriously...shouldn't the people who really care about this **** be funding it?

how the hell did we get to the point in this country where the federal government is involved in all of this ****? I see this laundry list of government bureaucracies, no wonder we are so far in debt. Founding fathers should be rolling in their graves...

Drain The Swamp of bureaucracy!

We hear you

Last edited:
My cousin is up in arms over losing funding for Public Broadcasting since her son is obsessed with Daniel Tiger on PBS. She is terrified there will never be another episode and that her son will suffer. I **** you not.

Honestly, I have no problem with any of that. At least not yet.

Republicans and conservatives have cried about all the people who's professions are tied directly to tax dollars. Everything on that list applies. There is just too much federal government involved in too many little things. It makes for a bureaucratic nightmare and a block of government dependent liberal voters for life. That's wrong.

And Trump is not the first President or new administration to put a gag order on most of the departments under the executive branch while senate confirmations are still going on and these places are "leaderless" during the transition phase. The liberal press loves to make it sound like these are some Orwellian acts, but it's fairly common. And the gag orders will all be temporary.

Right now I'm still allowing Trump to argue with the press over the "facts" issue. I don't think it matters in the scheme of things and partly why Trump is doing it is to get the press into the gutter with him. It's working.

He's doing more in the first week of his Presidency than any President I can remember, ever. Most are straight-forward conservative platform issues.

Elections have consequences and Obama has shown us the way on how to correctly use a pen. Welcome to the new Executive Branch Mr. Obama has created.

My cousin is up in arms over losing funding for Public Broadcasting since her son is obsessed with Daniel Tiger on PBS. She is terrified there will never be another episode and that her son will suffer. I **** you not.

He has his own show? PBS is sure passing out the money liberally.

It's PUBLIC BROADCASTING, not GOVERNMENT BROADCASTING. Cutting funds makes sense. Let them run those fundraisers continually in a loop.

Just for ***** and giggles, I decided to look into a few of these departments and what they do.

I found this one interesting, the DOJ Violence Against Women programs. Here is their website:

https://www.justice.gov/ovw

And here is their self-prepared "What we have done" document to justify their existence:

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/page/file/929506/download

Now, I gotta tell you, there is a LOT of **** in here. I'm not saying some of it isn't important, but I really have to ask myself over and over, is this what we want from our FEDERAL Government? And in particular our Department of Justice?

And note the dates of these "accomplishments" completely coincide with Obama's presidency. Did this department not exist prior to Obama? Was is just something "new" created by a Democrat as an increase in scope/bureaucracy of government? More discretionary spending?

This is a LOT of money to do all these things. Can't this be a State issue? Why do colleges need grants for stuff when so many colleges are increasing tuition twice that of inflation, spending millions on sports programs and have endowments of 100's of millions of dollars?

I agree 100% with Trump that this department needs to cut some ******* waste. Even liberals should agree with this type of "bullshit" programs that are just made up to increase the size of their budgets and hiring.

as for global abortion counseling being dependent upon our tax dollars, my liberal cousin explained it this way on FB and got a lot of likes, so it must be factual and not feel-good. because libs.

asked why we are funding this and why other countries' government doing this for their people instead...
other countries should provide these services to their people. The United States should also provide these services to us, too (which Trump & Pence don't think is true). BUT, the fact is that not every country does. Some countries are too poor. Some countries are too corrupt and their governments don't really care about their people... probably because of fascist/extremist/militarist dictator, one that the US gov't helped empower or still gives money to/ does business with.

And because of this, poor people in these countries rely on NGOs (non governmental organizations) that focus on aid and relief. So now, organizations in Africa that might give free malaria shots to children, or in Central America that might give free condoms/birth control to people, or in South East Asia that helps victims of sex trafficking, can stop receiving funding since they include "language on abortions."

So yes, great point if this was a perfect world, but it's not. This will have basically no effect on our national debt and is just a stunt by pro-lifers in our gov't that think they're Christian.

then, when it's pointed out that we have our own damn problems...

we are the reason why our own country and many other countries are poor. We have a moral responsibility to help people we have previously ****** over. We can help homeless people and veterans while providing aid and relief to other countries. We can do a lot of other things to help our economy and decrease wasteful spending, this was done just to prove a point.

right there... MORAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I ran across this, showing the numbers. It's a good start but Obama left us in so much debt that it doesn't really even touch it. We need a lot more cuts.

PAUL RYAN'S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS

A List of Republican Budget Cuts

Notice S.S. and the military are NOT on this list .

These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting.

Read to the end.

* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.
* Save America 's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon , eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U..S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.
*Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.

* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings..
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings..
* General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years..
* No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings. WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings. WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL

* Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.

*TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

but putting that money back into taxpayers' hands is a woefully dreadful thing.

Every department should have an instant 1% budget reduction. It ain't much and should be easily attainable and will save the US a ton. That 1% should turn into 5% over the next 4 years. If a department can't find 5% to cut after 8 years of inflated government by Odumma, then they need totally gutted.

I'm okay with all of that.

I ran across this, showing the numbers. It's a good start but Obama left us in so much debt that it doesn't really even touch it. We need a lot more cuts.

PAUL RYAN'S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS

A List of Republican Budget Cuts

Notice S.S. and the military are NOT on this list .

These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting.

Read to the end.

* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.
* Save America 's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon , eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U..S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.
*Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.

* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings..
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings..
* General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years..
* No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings. WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings. WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL

* Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.

*TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

Oops...sorry Indy.

I knew that list looked familiar, those are 2012 proposed cuts .I noticed the comments and remembered seeing them years ago.

The Spending Reduction Act of 2011 was introduced to the House of Representatives in January 2011 and referred to committee, where it has remained ever since; it has not been passed or ever put to a vote.

The current identification of this list as "Paul Ryan's proposed budget cuts" is inaccurate, however, as it was not proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the 2012 Republican vice presidential nominee. The Spending Reduction Act of 2011 was sponsored by Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, not Paul Ryan, and Ryan was not among the bill's 32 co-sponsors. (Rep. Ryan, as Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has proposed a different budget plan ("The Path to Prosperity") for fiscal year 2013, which seeks to balance the federal budget by the year 2040.)
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/ryanbudgetcuts.asp

Oops...sorry Indy.

I knew that list looked familiar, those are 2012 proposed cuts .I noticed the comments and remembered seeing them years ago.

The Spending Reduction Act of 2011 was introduced to the House of Representatives in January 2011 and referred to committee, where it has remained ever since; it has not been passed or ever put to a vote.

The current identification of this list as "Paul Ryan's proposed budget cuts" is inaccurate, however, as it was not proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the 2012 Republican vice presidential nominee. The Spending Reduction Act of 2011 was sponsored by Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, not Paul Ryan, and Ryan was not among the bill's 32 co-sponsors. (Rep. Ryan, as Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has proposed a different budget plan ("The Path to Prosperity") for fiscal year 2013, which seeks to balance the federal budget by the year 2040.)
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/ryanbudgetcuts.asp

Good catch. And I'm glad, because those cuts are no where near enough.

Snopes ... two ******* points about that clown-car site.

Number 1 - who the **** would trust this???

David-and-Barbara-Mikkelson.jpg

Holy ****, that woman and her cat apparently have the same diet.

Number 2 - this:

Snopes Co-Founder Accused Of Embezzling Company Money, Spending It On Prostitutes

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/21/s...ney-spending-it-on-prostitutes/#ixzz4WubRofbE

So Snopes can **** itself and the grotesquely obese ******* affiliated with that ****-hole site.

Hey, if it's on the Internets, it's gotta be true.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Would that be an impolitic response to that snowflake post? I'm not on the facebook so not familiar with the mores involved.

And how much Daniel Tiger licensed crap is she buying? How many Daniel Tiger books and DVDs? Those shows don't need our funding. It's outrageous.

And how much Daniel Tiger licensed crap is she buying? How many Daniel Tiger books and DVDs? Those shows don't need our funding. It's outrageous.

I swear, most kid's shows are nothing more than commercials to sell merchandise.

There's too many kid shows as it is. And they seem to HAVE to come out with something new every ******* year. And Disney and Nickelodeon have kind of put PBS out of business on kids shows anyhow.

Watching old reruns of Sesame Street is just as effective as watching new shows like "Bubble Guppies" or "Shimmer and Shine" (yes my kids are still young enough so I know the adds). They HAD to create a new Disney Princess Show that had a Latino Princess because of diversity?

If you want altruism, tell Disney and Nickelodeon to share their old programming with PBS to give access to kids without cable TV free of charge. Problem solved.

Oh I think his room is Daniel the Tiger themed. He has books, toys, and all that ****. She's one of those bleeding hearts who gets outraged at microaggressions and all that made up propaganda, but doesn't see the big picture.