• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Biden Crime Family - Exposed

And then Patrick Swayze will drag his brother Charlie Sheen through their old home town, both bleeding out from mortal dildocat wounds.

But rather than peacefully let them pass and die with dignity, a band of Venezuelan gang members set upon them, mistaking them for house pets, devour them alive.

These Venezuelan pet gourmets are eventually rounded up by what's left of the "Gubmint", but they are patrolled and released on their own recognizance, their bail money having been donated through Kamella Harris' Go Fund Me / Go F@¢k Yourself payment portal.

A dildocat gun? Holy crap!!! That ain't good for them ************* on the receiving end.

I served onboard the USS Missouri BB-63 for a period of time, in the 80’s. I can tell you first hand, those guns pack a punch. I have NEVER heard anything that loud when fired. I had the “privilege” of being on the Flag Bridge one time when firing. I had ear plugs inside of “mouse” ears, and holding them tight with my hands, and it made my ears ring for over an hour. It also felt like it rattled the fillings in my teeth, as well as felt like someone slapped you in the chest. It was something I will never forget.

I served onboard the USS Missouri BB-63 for a period of time, in the 80’s. I can tell you first hand, those guns pack a punch. I have NEVER heard anything that loud when fired. I had the “privilege” of being on the Flag Bridge one time when firing. I had ear plugs inside of “mouse” ears, and holding them tight with my hands, and it made my ears ring for over an hour. It also felt like it rattled the fillings in my teeth, as well as felt like someone slapped you in the chest. It was something I will never forget.
Of all the ships, even carriers, battleships were my favorites. They seemed to represent the former USA perfectly. I know they cost a lot to maintain but I think they should have kept at least one in service. Missiles are incredibly accurate and formidable but they can be shot down. Not much you can do when a 16" projectile is incoming.

Thanks for your service and passing along your experience.

I think the small number of hot heads on both sides wil try and flex, and get beaten down badly. The vast majority of conservatives will just hunker down and wait to see how it shakes out. The vast majority of those on the Democrat spectrum will not know what to do, and their inaction will be what makes them easy victims.
Yeah, that was just a small number of leftist hotheads burning swaths of cities down….

At some point, it will get bad enough that the rifles will come out.

Yeah, that was just a small number of leftist hotheads burning swaths of cities down….

My point was that the percentage of hot heads is relatively small. In a country of 330 million, a small percentage can be a large number of people.

Of all the ships, even carriers, battleships were my favorites. They seemed to represent the former USA perfectly. I know they cost a lot to maintain but I think they should have kept at least one in service. Missiles are incredibly accurate and formidable but they can be shot down. Not much you can do when a 16" projectile is incoming.

Thanks for your service and passing along your experience.
I happen to agree with the fact that you can not shoot down 16” projectiles. But the range is substantially less than that of missiles. A Battle ship must be extremely hardened because they have to get so close. Those old ladies were/are way past their expiration dates, and 40 years ago were a maintenance nightmare. We were in repair mode more than we were in operation mode, 40 YEARS AGO, you will not convince me it would be better today. Now, if you want to talk about new replacements, I am your huckleberry. I fully supported the newly designed BBGXN concept floated in the late 90’s an early 00’s. That design would have seen only 2 triple 16” turrets, while adding 4-8 VLS modules in the aft turret area. The new class of Dreadnoughts would have been nuclear powered to supply propulsion and the HUGE electric load, as well as eliminating the need for MANY refueling cycles that we would go through while underway. They even would have been faster, an estimated 40knt speed, and able to keep up with the carriers of today.

what would be the cost of firing those guns repeatedly at one certain Ogre?

i can start a gofundme

i served aboard a ticonderoga class cruiser in the 90s as a gmg. i remember being in the gun mount and top side during our 5 inch exercises and i could never keep my eyes from blinking when the gun fired because of the kinetic energy. 16" guns were all decom'd by the time i served but i can imagine it was pretty awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
how many shells would that get us to rain down on the BFA?
@Hines57 will match the cost
If I remember correctly, which I might not be, we were told it cost roughly $68,000 per shell in 1986.

Personally, I would think the “Rods of God” would be a much more effective and efficient platform.

i served aboard a ticonderoga class cruiser in the 90s as a gmg. i remember being in the gun mount and top side during our 5 inch exercises and i could never keep my eyes from blinking when the gun fired because of the kinetic energy. 16" guns were all decom'd by the time i served but i can imagine it was pretty awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Did you save your brass?

Did you save your brass?
don't think there's any brass to save on the powder casings. we either turned em in or just 86ed em and used some for ashtrays in the starboard smoke break and on the pier when in port.

Reactions: JMM
don't think there's any brass to save on the powder casings. we either turned em in or just 86ed em and used some for ashtrays in the starboard smoke break and on the pier when in port.
Gotcha...Did you you all adjust the amount of powder or were they all standard?

When they reach into the suburbs and rural areas,that's when the fun starts with people defending their families and homes.

Gotcha...Did you you all adjust the amount of powder or were they all standard?
standard, but some are weaker than others. we used the different types of rounds for variable, mechanical and point det times. some we set ourselves (mainly for flares and delayed explosion after impact/breach), some are pre-set for certain scenarios and others just blow up when they impact. we carry about 500-600 powder cans and rounds in the forward (mt 51) and aft (mount 52) gun mounts and their respective storing and staging spaces. there are high explosive and HE/incendiary, white phosphorus, HE/HEI armor piercing, flares (which are cool to watch) and tracers of various types. that's the vast majority of our ammo for the gun mounts.

we also maintain 4 - 6 mounted 50 cals. 2 25mm cannons, which shoot HEI tracer rounds. 2 40mm grenade cannons. these are personnel fired weapons and are kept topside while underway. the 25mm are always topside as they're permanently set, sometimes we take out the barrels, sometimes we don't. in the armory and reactions force lockers (which are stationed forward, port and starboard, the armory is aft), we have/had .45 and/or 9mm pistols, m-14 and m-16 rifles and remington 870 and/or mossberg 500 shotguns. also carry a few m79 grenade launchers, .38 pistols and flare guns. we maintain all the firearms onboard and give a daily temperature report of all ammunition spaces and lockers, which are in various places about the ship for ease of access, 43 spaces to account for each day if my memory is correct.

Last edited:

maxresdefault.jpg

Without watching the video I can hear the guns. Brrrrrrrrrttttt

standard, but some are weaker than others. we used the different types of rounds for variable, mechanical and point det times. some we set ourselves (mainly for flares and delayed explosion after impact/breach), some are pre-set for certain scenarios and others just blow up when they impact. we carry about 500-600 powder cans and rounds in the forward (mt 51) and aft (mount 52) gun mounts and their respective storing and staging spaces. there are high explosive and HE/incendiary, white phosphorus, HE/HEI armor piercing, flares (which are cool to watch) and tracers of various types. that's the vast majority of our ammo for the gun mounts.

we also maintain 4 - 6 mounted 50 cals. 2 25mm cannons, which shoot HEI tracer rounds. 2 40mm grenade cannons. these are personnel fired weapons and are kept topside while underway. the 25mm are always topside as they're permanently set, sometimes we take out the barrels, sometimes we don't. in the armory and reactions force lockers (which are stationed forward, port and starboard, the armory is aft), we have/had .45 and/or 9mm pistols, m-14 and m-16 rifles and remington 870 and/or mossberg 500 shotguns. also carry a few m79 grenade launchers, .38 pistols and flare guns. we maintain all the firearms onboard and give a daily temperature report of all ammunition spaces and lockers, which are in various places about the ship for ease of access, 43 spaces to account for each day if my memory is correct.
Wow... Incredible responsibility to keep track of all that. Incredibly interesting too

Wow... Incredible responsibility to keep track of all that. Incredibly interesting too
the rate itself is kinda cool. jack of all trades master of none. electrical work, some electronics, a ton of hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance work. in addition to all the small arms maintenance, we're also responsible for training and qualifying the crew on .45/9mm and m-14/m-16, attend vessel boarding ship seizure school and various week long small arms schools. lead and train reaction force teams. roving security patrol. there's always something to do. that's a nice way of putting it.

Last edited: