• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FBI Thwarts Terror Plot in Cleveland

I do have to say, the terror plots, even if they are a plenty, I do feel a tad safer under Trump. I hope I didn't jinx anything, but it's been very quiet in that area.

Now, if we can get the racial tensions to ease and be the human race, we could be on the right track.

It's a relief to hear some good news about the FBI for a change.

Special Agent in charge and his team should be publicly commended on the 4th of July.

Now, if we can get the racial tensions to ease and be the human race, we could be on the right track.

I don't see that happening any time soon. According to the left, All white people and republicans are racist. They say it in some form every damn day. White people on the left agree that since they are white, even if they have never done anything that could be remotely construed as racist, they are racist just because they are white. It is the dumbest damn thing I have ever seen.

When roughly a third of the white people in America believe all white people are racist, how much do you have to do to convince an individual of a minority race that white people are all racist? My guess is not much.

And knowing all that, the other 2/3 of white people in America, minus the ones that actually are racist (a very small, insignificant minority), become apprehensive and tune out of the whole racial debate because they have already been labeled as racists, so why bother?

I don't see how you find harmony in that.

I don't see that happening any time soon. According to the left, All white people and republicans are racist. They say it in some form every damn day. White people on the left agree that since they are white, even if they have never done anything that could be remotely construed as racist, they are racist just because they are white. It is the dumbest damn thing I have ever seen.

When roughly a third of the white people in America believe all white people are racist, how much do you have to do to convince an individual of a minority race that white people are all racist? My guess is not much.

And knowing all that, the other 2/3 of white people in America, minus the ones that actually are racist (a very small, insignificant minority), become apprehensive and tune out of the whole racial debate because they have already been labeled as racists, so why bother?

I don't see how you find harmony in that.

this may be true and all, but the pointing fingers and arguing is tiring to listen to. One shouldn't have to prove they are not racist, but that seems like the narrative. I don't know how we got to this point. I have my suspicions and depending on what side of the street you reside, it's clear as mud.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/us/lawn-mowing-boy-police-ohio.html

**** like this doesn't help this kid or the kids actually out there trying to do good. Leave each other alone, for crying out loud. Stop being their business and worry about your own! Too many busy bodies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/us/lawn-mowing-boy-police-ohio.html

**** like this doesn't help this kid or the kids actually out there trying to do good. Leave each other alone, for crying out loud. Stop being their business and worry about your own! Too many busy bodies.

Pretty dumb to call the police for that. Why not just go out and tell the boy he is mowing your yard. You don't have to be an *** about it. It's not like the kid knows the property line. Good grief people need some ******* help.

Pretty dumb to call the police for that. Why not just go out and tell the boy he is mowing your yard. You don't have to be an *** about it. It's not like the kid knows the property line. Good grief people need some ******* help.

When you read the entire story it makes sense to me. Obviously, they have had confrontations before. The white woman talks through the police as she and the black lady don't get along. She says she didn't call the police on the boy for mowing the grass. She did it because of the trash in the yard. The cops didn't even do anything. So I don't see the big problem.

Again, why not just go out and tell the boy where the line is? Just tell him, "Hey brother, you're mowing too far over and into my yard. The property line is here." and show him where the line is so he knows. Saves all kinds of trouble, and there is no need to call the police. This woman wasn't mowing, the boy was. And I am just spit-balling, but I am betting she didn't tell him to mow their yard. I just don't see a need to involve the police on any level, even if you don't get along with the neighbor.

Again, why not just go out and tell the boy where the line is? Just tell him, "Hey brother, you're mowing too far over and into my yard. The property line is here." and show him where the line is so he knows. Saves all kinds of trouble, and there is no need to call the police. This woman wasn't mowing, the boy was. And I am just spit-balling, but I am betting she didn't tell him to mow their yard. I just don't see a need to involve the police on any level, even if you don't get along with the neighbor.

Again, read the entire article. The white lady said she didn't call about the yard. She maybe lying but I can understand if these two women had been fighting for months why she didn't go tell him. IF the yard was even the issue. Which she says it isn't.

Again, read the entire article. The white lady said she didn't call about the yard. She maybe lying but I can understand if these two women had been fighting for months why she didn't go tell him. IF the yard was even the issue. Which she says it isn't.

When the story broke, it was because the lawn clippings were on her sidewalk. If she has changed her story, that it was garbage in her yard, I'm not sure if she's lying or what. Some landscaper gave the boy equipment to help him out with his new lawn business because he saw the story on the news. That's why I thought it was about the grass cutting. Regardless, as Sarge stated, to call then police for any of this nonsense is a waste of their time. They need to work it out civil. Don't hold me breath, right?

When the story broke, it was because the lawn clippings were on her sidewalk. If she has changed her story, that it was garbage in her yard, I'm not sure if she's lying or what. Some landscaper gave the boy equipment to help him out with his new lawn business because he saw the story on the news. That's why I thought it was about the grass cutting. Regardless, as Sarge stated, to call then police for any of this nonsense is a waste of their time. They need to work it out civil. Don't hold me breath, right?

But that's just it. IF she had confronted the neighbor face to face you might have a fight on your hands. Is that better than letting cooler heads prevail and letting the police deal with it? I know cops hate this because it takes away from policing real crime. But these issues can conflate and have recently.

Authorities identified the man arrested Sunday on suspicion of attempting to support a terrorist organization as Demetrius Pitts,
also known Abdur Raheem Rahfeeq.

DhHB8L1WkAArsao.jpg

Demetrius Pitts, 48, faces one count of attempting to provide material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization, identified by authorities as al-Qaida.

Pitts threatened violence against the U.S. on his social media account, commenting on photos believed to be from a jihad training camp and expressing a desire to recruit people to kill Americans who were against Muslims.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...anned-for-fourth-july/r97ODUG3ynjERr5gAAdtTO/

Last edited:
I am skeptical of this. Any more it is likely that the FBI had a plant egging this guy on in order to make a flashy arrest. This is not the FBI that once was. Todays FBI couldn't catch a cold without a paid informant and entrapment.

I am skeptical of this. Any more it is likely that the FBI had a plant egging this guy on in order to make a flashy arrest. This is not the FBI that once was. Todays FBI couldn't catch a cold without a paid informant and entrapment.

I read earlier that he met with an undercover agent about his July 4 plot to kill as many non-Muslim supporters as possible. If he is off the street, good enough for me.

I think when directed to do legitimate FBI business, the field officers and leaders are very good and not bias much at all.

It's the people whose careers have been inside the Washington beltway that seem to have taken their importance in political affairs WAY to literal. Again, there is something very wrong with executive branch departments, regulatory agencies, congressional staffs and the like that are entrenched in the system. They are corrupt and it has been growing like a hidden weed for decades.

While this has been going on through much of Clinton and Bush years, once under Obama it really took off. And the "entitlement" aspect of doing what you wanted in total disregard of due process as long as you thought it was "right" seemed to come directly from the top (Obama). He decided and further advanced the idea this country can be governed by executive order, regulatory overreach and action, and court rulings. And if you got in his way, he weaponized the DOJ, intelligence communities and the IRS to put pressure on you to stop.

What Trump is doing is just an extension of Obama's methods. And while Obama was the quintessential snake oil salesman and made all his illegalities sound "morally correct", Trump is just a bull in the china shop of constant action. But make no mistake about it, this started under Obama. They are doing the same things. And I said long ago this is what Obama has wrought. This method of governance from the executive branch might never go away now. Not unless congress starts doing their constitutional job and be legislators again.

I am skeptical of this..

seems like a pretty standard FBI sting to me

"Pitts threatened violence against the U.S. on his social media account"

Pitts spoke with an undercover FBI agent, who was posing as a member of al-Qaida, about his hatred for the military and law enforcement agents and his desire to “chop off hands and heads”

After so much negative press surrounding the FBI, I just wanted to remind people that they are in fact still doing their jobs. And doing it well, by this account.

It is the head of the snake which is rotten. The rank and file have always done their job effectively. Even the Parkland incident had more to do with politics and local law enforcement.

Pitts spoke with an undercover FBI agent, who was posing as a member of al-Qaida, about his hatred for the military and law enforcement agents and his desire to “chop off hands and heads”

thanks Spike. That's pretty much I read, too.

And that's why I'm skeptical. Fumbling Bumbling Idiots has a track record of leading morons down the path in situations like this and ignoring real threats. Think Omar Mateen and Nidal Malik Hasan.