• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Feds arrest family for 'refusing to answer questions' Read more at http://www.wnd.com

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Not sure what the feds are allowed to do at checkpoints. I assume a license and registration check would be ok, but they didn't even get to that. Don't think the guy should have to answer that question under threat of federal arrest. Seems like his rights were violated, but I don't know the law concerning Border Patrol check points.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/feds-arrest-family-for-refusing-to-answer-questions/

They were only hassled because they are white. If they were Hispanic the BP would have let them go because they might vote Democrat.

I don't know the laws pertaining to border crossings but refusing to co-operate doesn't make sense. What was the guy trying to prove and why bring unnecessary grief on your family just to prove some questionable point ?

I don't know the laws pertaining to border crossings but refusing to co-operate doesn't make sense.
They were 35 miles NORTH of the border and well inside the U.S.
"Your papers please!" /German accent
The BP has to pull over their quota of white people so it doesn't look like they're profiling and racist.

What was the guy trying to prove and why bring unnecessary grief on your family just to prove some questionable point ?
No doubt another Tea Partier who watches Fox News. Deserved his ***-kicking because he does not appreciate a large overarching government.

Mayday wants more government.jpg

Last edited:
They were 35 miles NORTH of the border and well inside the U.S.
"Your papers please!" /German accent
The BP has to pull over their quota of white people so it doesn't look like they're profiling and racist.
View attachment 1265

Enough...now I'm really confused. Why were they stopped and asked where they were going then, if they were 35 mi inland.

Enough...now I'm really confused. Why were they stopped and asked where they were going then, if they were 35 mi inland.

That's where there is a problem with this.

That's where there is a problem with this.

The first comment below was telling. They let the illegals go and harass the citizens trying to go about their business. If that's true and they have to install cameras to protect themselves, what's the outcome ?

Wonder what the end result was ?

Absolutely an illegal stop, search and seizure under the Constitution, much the same as DUI checkpoints are, imo. But we have ceded so many of our rights in the name of "security" that there is probably precedent and perhaps even binding court rulings from previous such incidents that the state may now consider that these types of stops as legal. Despite that pesky Consitution.....

Back in the early 80's the Supreme Court ruled on what is known as the "Hippie In The Van case". Basically they said that checkpoints are legal if they stop EVERYONE but it is not okay to arbitrarily stop people randomly. We have arrived at a point where the govt knows they are violating our rights and gets uncomfortable when they run up against citizens who know their rights.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if within 35 miles of the border Mexicans or other darkies were stopped and asked these questions...so in order to avoid the charges of racial profiling, they gotta question a redneck whitey now and then....especially them gun toting, bible thumping ones, they're the greatest threat to America.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a problem with this if within 35 miles of the border Mexicans or other darkies were stopped and asked these questions...so in order to avoid the charges of racial profiling, they gotta question a redneck whitey now and then....especially them gun toting, bible thumping ones, they're the greatest threat to America.

Sorry man, my rights as an American citizen extend to the borders. Racial profiling is a made up neo-lib bullshit term for utilizing common sense. I don't want to be subjected to the same scrutiny that is and should be directed at those who fit the description of likely suspects. The man was completely correct in questioning the officer as to the reasonable suspicion for the stop.

Darkies? Cheee-rist, some of you people, I just don't know what to say.... There is a lot of commentary here that make Conservatives seem rational and intelligent. Then sometimes there are these. They undermine the intelligent posts.

Darkies? Cheee-rist, some of you people, I just don't know what to say.... There is a lot of commentary here that make Conservatives seem rational and intelligent. Then sometimes there are these. They undermine the intelligent posts.

Uhhhh ... I think your sarcasm meter may be broken.

Do you believe that any of the comment "Mexicans or other darkies were stopped and asked these questions...so in order to avoid the charges of racial profiling, they gotta question a redneck whitey now and then....especially them gun toting, bible thumping ones, they're the greatest threat to America" is serious? Any of it?

I sure as heck do not.

Do you believe that any of the comment "Mexicans or other darkies were stopped and asked these questions...so in order to avoid the charges of racial profiling, they gotta question a redneck whitey now and then....especially them gun toting, bible thumping ones, they're the greatest threat to America" is serious? Any of it?

I sure as heck do not.

I can't tell if it's sarcasm or not. I read it 3 times because I couldn't believe it. I'm still not sure.

I sure as heck do not.

I can't tell if it's sarcasm or not. I read it 3 times because I couldn't believe it. I'm still not sure.

LOL...I actually did laugh out loud at you two stooges.

Hmmm... was it sarcasm or not sarcasm?...I think I'll just keep you two in suspense for awhile lol.

Not sure why the boarder patrol sets up so far inland, but they do it routinely here in AZ.

Years ago the we'd take the kids and the toy hauler down to Rocky Point on the Gulf of Calif. and park right on the beach.
Now it's all time share Condo's and it's lost its appeal.

Not sure why the boarder patrol sets up so far inland, but they do it routinely here in AZ.

Years ago the we'd take the kids and the toy hauler down to Rocky Point on the Gulf of Calif. and park right on the beach.
Now it's all time share Condo's and it's lost its appeal.

I'm still lost...you mean that the BP will set up across a highway, 35 mi from the border and stop every car just like they do at the border ? If that's what they do then I'm glad I ain't no Mexican or darky ( LOL..had to throw that in, funny stuff ), that would suck and it really calls all our civil rights into question, no matter what shade ya are. Stay away from Arizona Kev, they'll definitely be ******' with you.

Damn..where does all this lead to, it surely isn't stopping illegals or terrorists ? Wonder if anybody has kicked up a big fuss and what the results were if they did ?

I couldn't stand it, had to look it up.

Terry Bressi lives in Southern Arizona and has videotaped about 250 checkpoint experiences where he's refused to answer Border Patrol questions. “It really is a smack across the face of any liberty loving American," said Bressi, who writes the blog CheckpointUSA.org.

“The courts have decided that because they are such a brief intrusion upon a person’s liberty, privacy and interests that it is constitutional,"

But Bressi disputes that. He claims the checkpoints are unconstitutional because the Supreme Court ruled they should be used only for immigration purposes.

He believes the question — “are you an American citizen?” — is actually a ruse used by the Border Patrol to get drivers to stop, be scanned, tracked, recorded and sniffed by drug dogs, which he said are all violations of the Constitution.

“It’s not border security, it's internal security," Bressi said.

If you go back now and look at that u-tube, it makes more sense. The guy set that all up and it backfired. Notice how he adamantly pronounced his citizenship..a little late. They still didn't have the right to arrest him though.

Last edited:
I'm still lost...you mean that the BP will set up across a highway, 35 mi from the border and stop every car just like they do at the border ?

Yep. 'Cept in my case there is absolutely nothing between Lukeville and said check point much further to the north.

Yep. 'Cept in my case there is absolutely nothing between Lukeville and said check point much further to the north.

Yeh Zona, I guess only old dumb ***** from the Florida woods don't know about this stuff. Apparently it's been going on for a long time and they don't just do it in the southwest but the northeast has them too.

After the September 11 attacks in 2001, they apparently took on the additional role of terrorism deterrence.[citation needed] These checkpoints are located between 25 and 75 miles (40 and 121 km) of the Mexico – United States border along major U.S. highways. Their situation at interior locations allow them to deter illegal activities that may have bypassed official border crossings along the frontier. The checkpoints are divided among nine Border Patrol sectors.

There are a number of Border Patrol checkpoints in the northern border states (such as New York or Maine), within 100 miles (160 km) from the Canadian border.[3]

"Border Patrol agents at checkpoints have legal authority that agents do not have when patrolling areas away from the border. The United States Supreme Court ruled that Border Patrol agents may stop a vehicle at fixed checkpoints for brief questioning of its occupants even if there is no reason to believe that the particular vehicle contains illegal aliens.[4] The Court further held that Border Patrol agents "have wide discretion" to refer motorists selectively to a secondary inspection area for additional brief questioning.[5] In contrast, the Supreme Court held that Border Patrol agents on roving patrol may stop a vehicle only if they have reasonable suspicion that the vehicle contains aliens who may be illegally in the United States—a higher threshold for stopping and questioning motorists than at checkpoints.[6] The constitutional threshold for searching a vehicle is the same, however, and must be supported by either consent or probable cause, whether in the context of a roving patrol or a checkpoint search.[7]"

And people wonder why I don't like to travel anywhere anymore.

So they can stop you but they can't search your vehicle unless you give consent (or there's pc). So only stupid people get searched......nothing like preying on the uneducated. This is dumbass profiling. And still un Constitutional regardless of what the supreme court says, imo.

A K-9 alerted to contraband:

UPDATE: The Border Patrol provided the following statement to PINAC:
On March 12, 2015, at around 10:54 am, the driver of a Chevrolet Cavalier approached the El Centro Sector Highway 86 checkpoint where a Border Patrol K-9 detection team produced a positive alert to the vehicle for contraband. Because of this alert for contraband, the male driver was directed by agents to the secondary inspection area for a more thorough examination of the car. The man failed to follow the agents directions to drive to secondary and was removed from the vehicle. Agents searched the vehicle and discovered a small testable amount of marijuana under the driver’s seat. The California Highway Patrol was called to the scene where an CHP officer conducted a roadside sobriety test on the driver as a precaution. The driver was eventually released without any charges.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/b...l-agents-pull-man-from-car-in-chilling-video/

A K-9 alerted to contraband:

UPDATE: The Border Patrol provided the following statement to PINAC:
On March 12, 2015, at around 10:54 am, the driver of a Chevrolet Cavalier approached the El Centro Sector Highway 86 checkpoint where a Border Patrol K-9 detection team produced a positive alert to the vehicle for contraband. Because of this alert for contraband, the male driver was directed by agents to the secondary inspection area for a more thorough examination of the car. The man failed to follow the agents directions to drive to secondary and was removed from the vehicle. Agents searched the vehicle and discovered a small testable amount of marijuana under the driver’s seat. The California Highway Patrol was called to the scene where an CHP officer conducted a roadside sobriety test on the driver as a precaution. The driver was eventually released without any charges.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/b...l-agents-pull-man-from-car-in-chilling-video/

I wonder if each of the agents keeps a couple of these at the ready?

I wonder if each of the agents keeps a couple of these at the ready?

That and my cop buds tell me they can claim a dog alerts on just about any move it makes. If it wags it's tail, farts or roles it's eyes...alert ! That, plus there are no consequences for a search coming up with nothing after a supposed dog alert.

What this country needs are dummy cars from IA to drive through checkpoints and conduct a blind test of how police are operating it... have them follow the constitutional rights or find a new job