• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fields not looking good in his starter opportunity

your friends are the only people that have ever thought fields a "Savior". No one I have ever met or talked to or have read, has Fields being close to a "savior"
what type of people do you hang out with?
He made that crap up. Totally fabricated.

Fine, you choose to put nothing into the reports of Fields struggling so far. I am choosing to say where there is smoke there is fire. We will see which one of us is accurate in their prediction.
Did you read where I said "I don't know if Fields will be anything or not?" I'm not saying he will be good. I'm not saying he will be bad. I'm not passing judgment on 3 practices in shorts. That is all, no more, no less.

Just know, if they said Fields was looking fantastic, I would put nothing into it. 3 days. Shorts. For the love.

On a side note...I'm in my late 50s, going on 14, my wife says. I was driving today out to hike the dogs, and some kids got to drawing ding dongs on all the deer signs along the road. I laugh like helll.

I know that has nothing to do with Fields. But it is really about as impactful to the the Steelers season as three practices in shorts.

I am not allowed to post links.
Ok but you clearly cherry picked the bad and ignored the good. I don't think he is the savior but I'd say the Eagles are in the same boat and very few other teams have as good a backup with possible upside to start as the Steelers.

On a side note...I'm in my late 50s, going on 14, my wife says. I was driving today out to hike the dogs, and some kids got to drawing ding dongs on all the deer signs along the road. I laugh like helll.

I know that has nothing to do with Fields. But it is really about as impactful to the the Steelers season as three practices in shorts.
That at least made you laugh today.

Look, the knock on Fields has been he can’t read a defense, not accurate with his passes, tends to take off running after his first read, too many turnovers. All very bad traits for any QB and yet someone here mentioned he’s still a project despite being this his fourth year. He’s not a project he’s a bust.
Why in the **** do you think Chicago let him go for a sixth round pick?
We better hope ole Russ can still perform.

Look, the knock on Fields has been he can’t read a defense, not accurate with his passes, tends to take off running after his first read, too many turnovers. All very bad traits for any QB and yet someone here mentioned he’s still a project despite being this his fourth year. He’s not a project he’s a bust.
He was brought in as a backup with high first round pedigree. Nothing more nothing less. The asking price was less then Kenny Pickett who was in exact same boat. Baker Mayfield was on sane scrap heap on his third or fourth team and scored a pretty major contract. I wouldn't consider tge Steelers to be a better coached outfit especially on offense, but he didn't fail in San Francisco either.

I didn’t name call that is your name/nickname. Coach/cooch. Wasting band with nah unlike you I actually pay. You have done nothing but waste bandwidth with 184% percent of your posts.

Just making it real.

Salute the nation

Well, I have friends that were hoping Fields was the "savior," the long term answer at QB. It's just not looking like it, so far. He still might be, but my guess is he is showing signs of not being the answer, showing the same ole characteristics as he has so far in his previous 3 years. He is still "flirting with" some tangibles from the physical aspect of his game, but alas, you've got to have the brain configuration to succeed, which he doesn't appear to have. He seems to possess the Joey Harrington, David Klingler, Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf sort of cognitive skills: physical traits just don't matter.
You do not have friends

Ok but you clearly cherry picked the bad and ignored the good. I don't think he is the savior but I'd say the Eagles are in the same boat and very few other teams have as good a backup with possible upside to start as the Steelers.
I reported what I read by eyewitnesses who commented what they observed. I am not allowed to post the links.

Did you read where I said "I don't know if Fields will be anything or not?" I'm not saying he will be good. I'm not saying he will be bad. I'm not passing judgment on 3 practices in shorts. That is all, no more, no less.

Just know, if they said Fields was looking fantastic, I would put nothing into it. 3 days. Shorts. For the love.
His errors are remarkably consistent with the errors he's been committing for 3 straight years, I'd say a trend has been established. That is worrisome, especially with a Russ already showcasing injuries on his 35-year old body. I'm just aware of the situation.

It will be so nice once the season starts and actual football news comes out. It's been non-stop clickbait what if type articles regarding the 49rs Aiyuk and Fields. I Mostly stopped reading them a couple of months ago.

The Steelers were never trading anything valuable for Aiyuk then paying him a ton of money since they just don't do that at the WR position. It's been about the only position Tomlin and his staff have been able to successfully scout and develop at a decent level.

The non-stop articles about how Fields is sucking it up are cringeworthy and laughable as well. The guy hasn't even taken a snap in pads during anything meaningful, yet the armchair QBs have seen enough and he is terrible. There was a time when news articles contained actual news by actual journalists. These days, most are written as opinion pieces with hypothetical scenarios by anyone with access to the internet that have absolutely zero truth or value. Bring on the season. Go Steelers!!

I guess then it is all but guaranteed that the Steelers extend him after this season with the hopes of Tomlin turning Fields into an elite passer.

I guess then it is all but guaranteed that the Steelers extend him after this season with the hopes of Tomlin turning Fields into an elite passer.
Uhuh you done did it. When it happens it is your fault.😉

His errors are remarkably consistent with the errors he's been committing for 3 straight years, I'd say a trend has been established. That is worrisome, especially with a Russ already showcasing injuries on his 35-year old body. I'm just aware of the situation.
I think we are all aware of it. I haven't run into any Steelers fans that think Fields is a savior. It is always a measured approach. We'll see. The raw talent is there, can he channel it, take the next step? He could be great, I think it's foolish to say he couldn't be. But we all understand the other possibility.

But again, being aware. Great. Now what? I'm aware, you are aware, everybody on here is aware.

He was brought in as a backup with high first round pedigree. Nothing more nothing less. The asking price was less then Kenny Pickett who was in exact same boat. Baker Mayfield was on sane scrap heap on his third or fourth team and scored a pretty major contract. I wouldn't consider tge Steelers to be a better coached outfit especially on offense, but he didn't fail in San Francisco either.
You simply cannot compare Baker with Fields. Baker led the Browns to the playoffs and a win against this team.
Baker got a raw deal in Cleveland but that’s another story.
Fields is simply got too many issues and Tomlin sure as hell isn’t about to fix them.

You simply cannot compare Baker with Fields. Baker led the Browns to the playoffs and a win against this team.
Fields is simply got too many issues and Tomlin sure as hell isn’t about to fix them.
We don't know that. You sound way too much like Lloyd. Fields is young still.

How could you tell they weren't Twinkies?

These guys haven’t even played any games yet and they’re being written off.

Historically Lloyd can make a case. But resurgence happens on a new team. Sheeesh

We don't know that. You sound way too much like Lloyd. Fields is young still.
Stop trying to start **** here. This is a message board where people have opinions just like you.
IMO Fields is not very good. That has nothing to do with sounding like another poster.
So you’re one of these guys if a poster doesn’t agree with your opinion then you try to place him in a category.
Lloyd has his opinions just like you do. Just because you don’t agree with him is no reason to criticize him.

Did he also get a raw deal in Carolina and LA before Tbay? I'm not even saying Fields is as good. I'm saying give the guy a ****** chance. Let's see. What is the point of ******** on a guy based on practice reports that vary btw he is gonna beat out Wilson to he's a bum.

Any examples of a qb struggling like Fields that overcame his problems to then become effective?

Tomlin isn't known for re-flashing a qb hard drive.

I think we are all aware of it. I haven't run into any Steelers fans that think Fields is a savior. It is always a measured approach. We'll see. The raw talent is there, can he channel it, take the next step? He could be great, I think it's foolish to say he couldn't be. But we all understand the other possibility.

But again, being aware. Great. Now what? I'm aware, you are aware, everybody on here is aware.
I'm aware what you think you are aware of, and? What's next? Great. Now what? Do we all stop posting then? Is that what your suggesting? I have been utilizing the ignore button of posters only interested in name calling and making false accusations as their standard posts. This will lead to less garbage.