• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Final Draft Thoughts

Fair enough.

I'll take my chances with a mobile quarterback like Kenny, who helped keep that sack total in the middle of the pack last year by escaping many sure sacks. Trubisky avoided several while he was in there, too. They're not going to be able to simply get "form tackled" all of the time. It's a physical game.

Drafting Jones will go a long way toward you getting your goal line wish. He's good enough to plug-and-play right now, and he's only going to get better.
The inside the 5 is the area that needs the biggest improvement. How many times were they inside the 10 and it was either a FG or a massive adventure. My only concern with that is they are a zone run team which I'm not certain matches up with goal line success. I'm gonna ask you what would you set for an over under of sacks next year. Last year was 38.

Last edited:
The inside the 5 is the area that needs the biggest improvement. How many times were they inside the 10 and it was either a FG or a massive adventure. My only concern with that is they are a zone run team which I'm not certain matches up with goal line success. I'm gonna ask you what would you set for an over under of sacks next year. Last year was 38.
If they draft Mayer, they'll be even better in goal line situations.

The NFL range in sacks allowed last season was 22 (Tampa) to 63 (Denver). 35 was good enough for the top ten. So I'll go with an over/under of 35 next year.

If they draft Mayer, they'll be even better in goal line situations.

The NFL range in sacks allowed last season was 22 (Tampa) to 63 (Denver). 35 was good enough for the top ten. So I'll go with an over/under of 35 next year.
So three better than last year. I'd take Mayer in a heartbeat. But I think it's Porter.