• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

Haven't heard much on the news about the shooting and gun control lately. (Not that I am complaining). Wonder what new wag the dog thing is in the works??

Here ya go Lyn....LOL

5bfaW5m.jpg

Haven't heard much on the news about the shooting and gun control lately. (Not that I am complaining). Wonder what new wag the dog thing is in the works??

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...-commissioners-to-vote-on-assault-weapons-ban

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — On Wednesday, Hillsborough County commissioners will vote on whether to pursue a ban on the sale of assault-style weapons in the county.

The proposal was presented by Commissioner Les Miller last week, who said he would like to see three separate ordinances in the county. One of them would ban the sale of assault weapons. The other one would raise the waiting period for obtaining a firearm to the maximum. The last ordinance would make it a misdemeanor if there is a threat against a school

A 2011 law imposes a $5,000 fine on municipal officials who try to enact local gun rules. The law also gives Florida's governor the authority to remove mayors and commissioners enacting their own gun rules.

This decision comes weeks after a gunman opened fire at a high school in Parkland, Florida killing 17 people.

Hillsborough County commissioners plan to discuss the sale of assault-style weapons at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday.

I just got this email from our school system.

Dear Parents,

You may have recently seen media coverage and social media posts announcing a national student-led walkout on March 14, 2018, centered around the tragic school shooting in Florida. We are actively working with our students to allow for their voices to be heard while also making sure they are safe. The core mission of CCS is to provide students with learning opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Regarding the national student protest/walkout planned for March 14, we will be respecting the rights of all students, whether they choose to participate or not.

Students interested in participating will need a parent permission form completed. A parent permission form is available here: https://goo.gl/forms/03k290Iz5LdrZaVu1. We ask that you please complete the permission form by Monday, March 12th.

On Wednesday, March 14th at 10 a.m., middle school students with parental permission will meet in the cafeteria and walk in silence for 17 minutes. Students not participating will remain in class and instruction will continue during this time. It will be the student’s responsibility to make up any work missed. At the conclusion, students will return to class. Participation is not open to the community.

It is important to remember The Supreme Court established students have the right to free speech at school as long as they do not create a disruption of the school’s educational function. CCS will respect that right and will also remain neutral on student protest expression, leaving decisions on whether and how expression occurs to our students and their parents. To the extent particular protest conduct leads to a substantial disruption in the learning environment, that conduct would be addressed according to established school procedures, including disciplinary measures if warranted. CCS will take action to maintain safety and learning and respect diverse viewpoints during this time, just as we do on any given school day.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Dr. Amy Dudley & Mr. Roger McMichael
Co-Interim Superintendents

This is total BS. My reply to them was: I don't think the kids should be allowed to walk out. They should stay in class and pay attention. This is ridiculous.

I will not be signing their f'ing permission slip. Those superintendents are *******. The former supe was good, but he was banging someone and had to resign recently.

If you are not willing to use the Young Turds as your information source, please refrain from posting here. Think Regress as well.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

Except both you and Superdouche are wrong, he didn't fire a single shot.

Fantasy and Fake News: Mainstays when dealing with the S.N. Alt -Right delusional mindset.

I just got this email from our school system.

Dear Parents,

You may have recently seen media coverage and social media posts announcing a national student-led walkout on March 14, 2018, centered around the tragic school shooting in Florida. We are actively working with our students to allow for their voices to be heard while also making sure they are safe. The core mission of CCS is to provide students with learning opportunities in a safe and supportive environment. Regarding the national student protest/walkout planned for March 14, we will be respecting the rights of all students, whether they choose to participate or not.

Students interested in participating will need a parent permission form completed. A parent permission form is available here: https://goo.gl/forms/03k290Iz5LdrZaVu1. We ask that you please complete the permission form by Monday, March 12th.

On Wednesday, March 14th at 10 a.m., middle school students with parental permission will meet in the cafeteria and walk in silence for 17 minutes. Students not participating will remain in class and instruction will continue during this time. It will be the student’s responsibility to make up any work missed. At the conclusion, students will return to class. Participation is not open to the community.

It is important to remember The Supreme Court established students have the right to free speech at school as long as they do not create a disruption of the school’s educational function. CCS will respect that right and will also remain neutral on student protest expression, leaving decisions on whether and how expression occurs to our students and their parents. To the extent particular protest conduct leads to a substantial disruption in the learning environment, that conduct would be addressed according to established school procedures, including disciplinary measures if warranted. CCS will take action to maintain safety and learning and respect diverse viewpoints during this time, just as we do on any given school day.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Dr. Amy Dudley & Mr. Roger McMichael
Co-Interim Superintendents

This is total BS. My reply to them was: I don't think the kids should be allowed to walk out. They should stay in class and pay attention. This is ridiculous.

I will not be signing their f'ing permission slip. Those superintendents are *******. The former supe was good, but he was banging someone and had to resign recently.

Yeah who needs free speech? All we need is the second amendment!

Yeah who needs free speech? All we need is the second amendment!

You stupid, blithering, idiotic, moronic, brain-damaged, diseased, corrupt zit-bag - the 1st amendment precludes government from infringing on our right to peaceably (PEACEABLY) assemble to protest, and to express dissent in peaceful fashion. The 1st amendment does NOT require the government to foster such speech, by giving time off of work or school.

Students are thereby absolutely permitted to gather and peaceably protest outside of government buildings on their own time. Students are NOT protected from punishment for leaving class without permission to express their political views.

So you stupid, ignorant, lying **** lawyer wanna-be, do us all a favor and shut the **** up on complicated legal issues. These issues are vastly beyond your tiny intellect. Know what, do the world a favor and shut the **** up on ALL issues since those are vastly beyond your tiny, vapid, flaccid, lefty meme-driven intellect as well.

I grew up with a single mother, and I'm a captain of industry. Your situation does not determine what you will become.

My point exactly there captain. For far too long we have let the liberal agenda sway policy in this Country. It is time to put common sense back into the equation.

CSahQ5K.jpg

Capture-SAF-Graphic-Oscars-2-e1520286032200.png

We also need to address over medicating boys at such a young age. Over diagnosing ADD and ADHD is a HUGE problem. Instead of letting boys be boys, we put them on drugs as early as age 5. I can't sit here and say that doing that is 100% fine. The brain is still developing!!!! Every time I see a mom say that her grade school age son is on Ritalin, I cringe. I hate what we have done to our youth. HATE HATE HATE.

So, the Parkland school district passed a 24 point resolution to urge congress to act to prevent shootings like this. I **** you not, one of the points is to increase the size of Gun Free areas around schools.

The shooting would have been prevented if the FBI and local police had done their jobs. They had plenty of warnings / notice about it. But the misguided libtards want to grab guns instead of rightfully putting the blame on the crazy moron who killed the kids. The level of stupidity is remarkable.

I grew up with a single mother, and I'm a captain of industry. Your situation does not determine what you will become.

You are a legend in your own mind. And if you grew up with no father at all you are outside the norm for children of single mothers.

We also need to address over medicating boys at such a young age. Over diagnosing ADD and ADHD is a HUGE problem. Instead of letting boys be boys, we put them on drugs as early as age 5. I can't sit here and say that doing that is 100% fine. The brain is still developing!!!! Every time I see a mom say that her grade school age son is on Ritalin, I cringe. I hate what we have done to our youth. HATE HATE HATE.

Agreed. Medication would be the LAST resort if my kids had severe emotional problems. I'd try every kind of therapeutic intervention I could think of before meds. I think you're right.

So, the Parkland school district passed a 24 point resolution to urge congress to act to prevent shootings like this. I **** you not, one of the points is to increase the size of Gun Free areas around schools.

Lol, maybe if they make the gun free zone with a circumference of 500,000 miles, everyone will be safe from now on! Problem solved.

PkWSBGV.png

fChBvuJ.jpg

Agreed. Medication would be the LAST resort if my kids had severe emotional problems. I'd try every kind of therapeutic intervention I could think of before meds. I think you're right.

And bringing back recess!!! At least once, if not twice, a day!! Let the kids expend energy!!!