• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

I agree. How many plane hijackings have there been since we armed pilots in the cockpit ? ZERO. How many accidental shootings by pilots. ZERO. If they can do it on planes we can do it in schools.

Cockpits are a little different than classrooms. Too many variables in the classrooms. Too many ***** parents who wouldn't allow their children to be around the teachers. If we have parents keeping their precious snowflakes out of school on test days because of "stress," what makes you think they will agree to have their kiddos around a gun in a locked safe?

Don't get me wrong- I firmly believe something needs to be done. But spend a few days in a HS as an educator who has to deal with the red tape bullshit and the helicopter parents, and I guarantee you will have a different opinion. The very parents who want to protect their kids from all kinds of stupid **** are the same ones who will not let their kids go to a safer school. As an educator, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Sadly, the schools and the admin are on the side of damned if we don't.

RjdPADm.jpg

That's an asinine comparison. Planes have not been hijacked because of the reinforced cockpit doors and hightened airport security.

Name one incident where an American pilot has shot a hijacker.......yeah I thought so.

I think Colbert made a great point about CONservative idiotic ideas about arming teachers: " We'll go down to the gun range pick out the best shot and say, ' C'mon you're teaching AP chemistry.' "

Enough said.......

Cockpits are a little different than classrooms. Too many variables in the classrooms. Too many ***** parents who wouldn't allow their children to be around the teachers. If we have parents keeping their precious snowflakes out of school on test days because of "stress," what makes you think they will agree to have their kiddos around a gun in a locked safe?

Don't get me wrong- I firmly believe something needs to be done. But spend a few days in a HS as an educator who has to deal with the red tape bullshit and the helicopter parents, and I guarantee you will have a different opinion. The very parents who want to protect their kids from all kinds of stupid **** are the same ones who will not let their kids go to a safer school. As an educator, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Sadly, the schools and the admin are on the side of damned if we don't.

There are better ways to do this, but when you try to explain it to the head idiot,.......well, see for yourself:

The NRA's gun company donors are the ones interested in arming teachers. I saw the numbers as far as pistols at a minimum for every school would be over 400,000.

Guess who is going to pay for those and who is going to profit?

Meanwhile the Repugnican goobers here just regurgitate the wet dreams of the gun manufacturers without a thought of their own......I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

If the parents don't like it find a new school..

The way I see it... the majority of teachers are just not prepared to handle a weapon and be responsible for the lives of their students. It's just a fact.
That being said, there ARE teachers who are former military, or have training and the inclination and ability to protect the lives of their students against an armed intruder. I'd say there were a couple in Parkland that gave their lives while trying to shield their students that could have benefited with having a weapon in their hands.

So while it shouldn't be mandatory for teachers to get the training and weapons, is there any reason that those qualified for that responsibility should be denied the opportunity if they volunteer? I'd hazard a guess that those teachers would become the more popular teachers with their students.

I think Colbert made a great point about CONservative idiotic ideas about arming teachers: " We'll go down to the gun range pick out the best shot and say, ' C'mon you're teaching AP chemistry.' "

Enough said.......

When you can’t refute it, you make a joke about it. Yeah...he’s a ******* genius.

When you can’t refute it, you make a joke about it. Yeah...he’s a ******* genius.

You can't make it up.....YEAH LET'S ARM THE TEACHERS....WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!

Like clockwork...ooohhh false flag, cue the resident conspiracy nuts.

Shots fired in Georgia high school; teacher taken into custody

Police in Dalton, Georgia have responded to a report of shots fired at Dalton High School. The suspect, who according to law enforcement reports barricaded himself in a classroom, appears to have been an armed teacher.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1745529

Planes have not been hijacked because of the reinforced cockpit doors and hightened airport security.

Name one incident where an American pilot has shot a hijacker.......yeah I thought so.

giphy.gif

You...have...got...to...be...kidding...me

So you're saying no pilot has shot a hijacker since 9/11 because of increased....security. Holy **** batman! That's exactly the premise of the meme dumbass.

Hijackers DID take over planes on 9/11 because they were soft targets. No reinforced doors. No one else on a plane was armed. Now we have better security, reinforced cockpit doors, and armed air marshalls and pilots. And hijackers haven't tried to hijack a plane???

giphy.gif

I wonder why? I mean, a first grader could figure this out. School shooters attack schools because....drum roll....they will face no opposition. They are soft targets.

When we fortify airports and planes and arm those on board, the plane is no longer a soft target and voila!!!!!!!!! No attacks.

bb0483235ae7f50bc729f86cb1564a.gif

You can't make it up.....YEAH LET'S ARM THE TEACHERS....WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!

Pick the parts that serve your purpose. Don’t mention that it would only be highly trained and vetted, willing teachers.

That's an asinine comparison. Planes have not been hijacked because of the reinforced cockpit doors and hightened airport security.

Enough said.......

Or you ask for a teacher to volunteer for the duty, then send them for firearms training and maybe a specialized course on how to confront a school shooter.

it is funny to me that liberals seem to think any civilian with a gun is a moron who is just itching to start blindly firing at people. Maybe the thought of them holding a gun makes them wet their pants but it’s actually pretty easy to learn how to use.

in the case of these school shootings, it may only take 1 shot in the vicinity of the attacker to make him break off his attack and try to escape. Or at the very least, keep him pinned down to a certain area so kids can escape and police can arrive and capture him.

Does Colbert have armed security at his show? If yes then it shows you he’s a hypocrit.

Last edited:
Pick the parts that serve your purpose. Don’t mention that it would only be highly trained and vetted, willing teachers.

Exactly, the plan is not to give the jumpy english teacher a machine gun. It is to select a few teachers to go get professional training. It does not take much to get proficient with a gun. You can be taught the basics in minutes the it’s just taget practice. And you don’t need to be a marksman. As long as you can hit anywhere on the target, you can protect yourself because the attacker will likely run away if he gets hit anywhere.

They can even have different levels of armed. Maybe you give stun guns to some teachers. A few others get some sort of pellet gun or other non lethal projectile. That may sound silly, but you have to think of the situation. It is usually a lone gunman who is a kid, not some trained soldier with body armor. If you can keep hitting him with pellets, it will force him to stop firing and protect himself or move. That could be all that is needed for so ebody else to then hit him with a stun gun or just jump on top of him and subdue him.

They also need to start doing drills for kids. First, you run away if you can. Second, you hide. Last, you fight. If you can’t run or hide then you have to fight. That may only entail the gunman entering a classroom, and kids start throwing books or baseballs or anything at him, to force him to protect himself and then he can be dogpiled until help arrives.

As usual, liberals are not interested in a solution. They want guns confiscated from all citizens and this is just another opportunity to advance that cause.

Exactly, the plan is not to give the jumpy english teacher a machine gun. It is to select a few teachers to go get professional training. It does not take much to get proficient with a gun. You can be taught the basics in minutes the it’s just taget practice. And you don’t need to be a marksman. As long as you can hit anywhere on the target, you can protect yourself because the attacker will likely run away if he gets hit anywhere.

They can even have different levels of armed. Maybe you give stun guns to some teachers. A few others get some sort of pellet gun or other non lethal projectile. That may sound silly, but you have to think of the situation. It is usually a lone gunman who is a kid, not some trained soldier with body armor. If you can keep hitting him with pellets, it will force him to stop firing and protect himself or move. That could be all that is needed for so ebody else to then hit him with a stun gun or just jump on top of him and subdue him.

They also need to start doing drills for kids. First, you run away if you can. Second, you hide. Last, you fight. If you can’t run or hide then you have to fight. That may only entail the gunman entering a classroom, and kids start throwing books or baseballs or anything at him, to force him to protect himself and then he can be dogpiled until help arrives.

As usual, liberals are not interested in a solution. They want guns confiscated from all citizens and this is just another opportunity to advance that cause.

If these cowards thinks someone has a gun in the school that should deter most of them.

Shots fired in Georgia high school; teacher taken into custody

Police in Dalton, Georgia have responded to a report of shots fired at Dalton High School. The suspect, who according to law enforcement reports barricaded himself in a classroom, appears to have been an armed teacher.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1745529

so your attention goes straight for the gun, shouldn't the question be; how did a psycho get a job as a educator. how did this person slip through the cracks to even be allowed around children? that gun didn't walk itself into the school, nor did it pull its own trigger. this is what the left doesn't get. it aint the gun its the nut job liberals that are killing our kids.

so your attention goes straight for the gun, shouldn't the question be; how did a psycho get a job as a educator. how did this person slip through the cracks to even be allowed around children? that gun didn't walk itself into the school, nor did it pull its own trigger. this is what the left doesn't get. it aint the gun its the nut job liberals that are killing our kids.

You are all over this, warriors42. But elfiePoloLiar found one nutjob teacher she loves, loves, loves, loves, loves:

The substitute teacher, whose identity was not revealed, allegedly made a threatening comment about a gun after spotting a screen saver depicting President Donald Trump on a student’s computer.

“Her comments were, ‘You support school shootings.’ Really,” according to the student’s father, who posted his concerns about the incident on Facebook.

“She said, ‘If I had a gun and dropped, it would probably be pointed at you and go off,’” the father wrote on the post.

https://signalscv.com/2018/02/subst...us-allegedly-making-gun-threat-aimed-student/

Wal Mart raising the age to buy guns and ammo to 21. If the law is 18, is that considered discrimination?

Last edited:
So a HS graduate, aged 18 can join the military and be trained on how to properly handle weapons. He serves 2 years and gets out. He's 20, and has had proper training. Why shouldn't he be able to buy a gun from Wal Mart? The logic is just so ****** up.

So a HS graduate, aged 18 can join the military and be trained on how to properly handle weapons. He serves 2 years and gets out. He's 20, and has had proper training. Why shouldn't he be able to buy a gun from Wal Mart? The logic is just so ****** up.

It's about freedom.....you "patriots" still remember that platitude of yours don't you?

Wal Mart made a business decision (you guys are pro business and anti-regulation.....right?)

They chose to raise the minimum age, and if they choose to they can stop selling guns altogether.

They decided that the backlash from the NRA nuts would be far less than the huge demographic of soccer moms, young people, and just caring parents in general who could turn on them and boycott.

That's freedom kids.

I’m just asking the question. The left is always the first to cry discrimination. They can certainly choose not to sell guns, but are they infringing on the rights of the 18-20 year olds. I am sure if Ford decided not to sell cars to people over 70 because it may be more likely they would have a wreck, we would hear about it.

I think the far more ****** up logic is that they could by a gun, but not beer. No?

I’m just asking the question. The left is always the first to cry discrimination. They can certainly choose not to sell guns, but are they infringing on the rights of the 18-20 year olds. I am sure if Ford decided not to sell cars to people over 70 because it may be more likely they would have a wreck, we would hear about it.

If Walmart was the only place to legally buy and gun, then perhaps it would be discrimination, but the 20 year-old still has the right to buy a gun even if Walmart won’t sell him one. Forcing Walmart to sell him one would be infringing on their Rights.

If Walmart was the only place to legally buy and gun, then perhaps it would be discrimination, but the 20 year-old still has the right to buy a gun even if Walmart won’t sell him one. Forcing Walmart to sell him one would be infringing on their Rights.

Remember that cake baker that didn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding? No one seemed to have a problem infringing on his rights. He wasn't the only place they could buy a cake. I mean the gay guys still had the right to buy a cake even if that guy wouldn't sell them one.