• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Flu/Covid Experience

JMM

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I started feeling lousy a couple days ago just after we got back from a few days out of town.

Fever has slowly crept up. Currently at 100.5
Body aches
Fatigue
Nagging cough
Congestion

I took the home Covid test and results were negative.

I still have my poor taste and smell (awful)..;). so I'd suspect the test results are accurate.

Guessing I picked up the old fashioned flu or a cold....

Anyone here had the same and later had a positive Covid test?

I started feeling lousy a couple days ago just after we got back from a few days out of town.

Body aches
Fatigue
Nagging cough
Congestion

I still have my poor taste and smell (awful)..;). so I'd suspect the test results are accurate.

I had this twice. First time negative for Covid, positive for flu. Second time negative for flu, still waiting on Covid results. But my daughter caught what I had, and she tested positive for Covid, so I'm pretty confident I had Covid.

Pretty much identical symptoms both times, two different diseases.

Reactions: JMM
I had this twice. First time negative for Covid, positive for flu. Second time negative for flu, still waiting on Covid results. But my daughter caught what I had, and she tested positive for Covid, so I'm pretty confident I had Covid.

Pretty much identical symptoms both times, two different diseases.
Thanks Sarge. Did you do anything other than rest, fluids and ibuprofen?

Did you or your daughter lose your sense of smell and taste? When my head is clogged up, I lose that anyway so I'm not sure how definitive that is as a marker.

Body aches
Fatigue
Nagging cough
Congestion

I've had 2 good nasty colds this year. I've taken a few tests, always negative. Actually I've taken about 10 of those damn tests over the last 2 years and nothing.

We all did have a nasty respiratory illness two years ago at the start of this. It lasted two weeks. No tests available then. May have had it may have not.

My one housekeeper had basically no taste, fever, chills stuffed nose etc etc. She had 2 negative rapid covid tests and a negative PCR covid test... She ended up missing the 10 days because the PCR tests took so long to come back, but i still say she had covid

Did you or your daughter lose your sense of smell and taste? When my head is clogged up, I lose that anyway so I'm not sure how definitive that is as a marker.
Just hydrate ibuprofen and vitamins. Daughter lost taste and smell, and I lost taste and smell for like 3 days. Still have trouble smelling certain things, but I can taste everything.

At a minimum get a Z pac. Can’t hurt either way.

When. I had it when **** popped off I did my typical self stuff. Body will deal with it. Prior to this is was a decade since I took an antibiotic. I went about 5 days or so and was delirious and called doc. Zpac 2 days later was feeling so much better but I’m sure my body already did the brunt of it.

Now, I wouldn’t wait as long with the symptoms I had. I’d be more on top of it.

Body aches
Fatigue
Nagging cough
Congestion

When I had covid the big indicator besides testing positive(hehe) was loss of taste and smell. My bout only lasted a couple days though. Fever, fatigue, minor aches, constant restroom trips. But aside I recovered quickly.

I’m not a doctor. Just from what you describe sounds like you have the cold/flu. Just take care of yourself

When I had covid the big indicator besides testing positive(hehe) was loss of taste and smell. My bout only lasted a couple days though. Fever, fatigue, minor aches, constant restroom trips. But aside I recovered quickly.

I’m not a doctor. Just from what you describe sounds like you have the cold/flu. Just take care of yourself
He lies. You got the clap!

My one housekeeper had basically no taste, fever, chills stuffed nose etc etc. She had 2 negative rapid covid tests and a negative PCR covid test... She ended up missing the 10 days because the PCR tests took so long to come back, but i still say she had covid
You have more than one housekeeper? Surely you can afford to shell out Steeltime’s fiddy.

You have more than one housekeeper? Surely you can afford to shell out Steeltime’s fiddy.
PaulG wants to wager on Bama vs UGA. I could use $50 here as well if Steeltime doesn’t want it

Housekeeper at work
Speaking of housekeepers, while watching the Cards/Girls game, Fox advertised for a new show that's apparently a crime stopper/housekeeper scenario.
It will probably be awful, but the ad cracked me up.

Speaking of housekeepers, while watching the Cards/Girls game, Fox advertised for a new show that's apparently a crime stopper/housekeeper scenario.
It will probably be awful, but the ad cracked me up.
Oh God. I saw that ad too

Until last week, we were tested every Monday. I never popped hot, and have tested while sick, etc.

We have been passing that **** back and forth with my son and his family since before thanksgiving. one gets over it another comes down with it. frickin sucks.

Not everyone who gets covid loses taste and smell, and from what I've read omicron tends not to cause that. So I wouldn't use that as a marker right now. After we were exposed and my husband tested positive, I had 3 negative covid tests last week before I got a positive (before someone asks, I was testing every day because we had them and my daughter was freaking out because I had symptoms).

I would say take another home test in a day or two.

We have been passing that **** back and forth with my son and his family since before thanksgiving. one gets over it another comes down with it. frickin sucks.

I was going to post that too. Wife and daughter got sick about 5 weeks ago, I didn't, then the week before Christmas I get it. Basically a bad head cold for us. Then daughter gets it again, now wife has some stomach crap today. None of us got tested, because at this point what's the use?

There is a lot of crap going around that is not covid related, but I think the fact most have had it or been given it via the vaccines, has weakened everyone's immune system.

One of my best friends tested positive Friday with the exact same symptoms you have JMM. They started last Monday and by Thursday he had pretty much recovered. Funny thing is, he just received his Booster shot 4 days before the symptoms began.

He took the Antigen Rapid Test though and they aren't as reliable as the PCR Test so who knows.

Hope you're feeling better my friend.

One of my best friends tested positive Friday with the exact same symptoms you have JMM. They started last Monday and by Thursday he had pretty much recovered. Funny thing is, he just received his Booster shot 4 days before the symptoms began.

He took the Antigen Rapid Test though and they aren't as reliable as the PCR Test so who knows.

Hope you're feeling better my friend.
Thanks. So far it's just been similar to a head cold. We went on vacation last week and I'm sure part of it was being around large crowds after my immune system has been pretty much on vacation the past couple years. Something to be said I think for being around crowds to keep your immune system tuned up