• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Flu/Covid Experience

The point is that if Omicron is indistinguishable from cold/flu as commonly experienced by the people for 100 years, then WHY are we restricting individuals, or forcing the people to get a flu shot?
Who said we should be? Not me. I think this will prove as harmless as cold/flu but because so many people are getting it all at once and some getting hospitalized with it, it's still more of a strain on the healthcare system than a normal cold/flu season. But eventually we will get to that point. Hopefully omicron is the tipping point. Some people do need to know if they have it or not in terms of treatment or exposing vulnerable people. As a general rule though if you're sick and snotty you should probably stay away from people anyway.

Who said we should be? Not me. I think this will prove as harmless as cold/flu but because so many people are getting it all at once and some getting hospitalized with it, it's still more of a strain on the healthcare system than a normal cold/flu season. But eventually we will get to that point. Hopefully omicron is the tipping point. Some people do need to know if they have it or not in terms of treatment or exposing vulnerable people. As a general rule though if you're sick and snotty you should probably stay away from people anyway.
The strain should be no different than a superbug at this point

I hope you are right and there is a lessening of tensions on both sides but I'm not sure it will happen.

I took the shot last year but my body has not been right since. Not that it was an awesome specimen prior to the shot, but I had dull pain up and down my arm constantly for about 3 months afterwards. When I came down with this cold/Covid/flu, the pain returned so I'm betting my lymph nodes are screwed up in my shot arm. Plus I've noticed that even though my activity level remains the same, I get winded just taking the dog for a walk. It's like I aged 10 years in 6 months.

So I really don't want to get another shot for something that is typically the same as a cold.
Unfortunately my company is stating employees need the booster to be considered vaccinated. We must prove vaccination by Feb 1 or there will be consequences, including termination. I work from home which makes it even more ridiculous.

So we'll see if they follow through with their threat. If so I guess I'll have to find work elsewhere.

I think the problem lies in the previous, more deadly strains. For many, COVID is COVID, and there can be no distinction made that one strain is far deadlier than another, especially since this new strain is spreading like wildfire. For many, COVID is a certain death sentence, end of story. The Covidians just need their government to do something make them feel better.

It's almost as if we have had some place of authority and information repeating something over and over for 2 years. It becomes what they say it is for people regardless if it is not. The black death.

They do this to politically to people they wish to remove. Even presidents.

Just repeat the lie over and over from your whole group and bam.

I think the problem lies in the previous, more deadly strains. For many, COVID is COVID, and there can be no distinction made that one strain is far deadlier than another, especially since this new strain is spreading like wildfire. For many, COVID is a certain death sentence, end of story. The Covidians just need their government to do something make them feel better.
Covidians? I like that. How about the Branch Covidians? ;)

I hope you are right and there is a lessening of tensions on both sides but I'm not sure it will happen.

I took the shot last year but my body has not been right since. Not that it was an awesome specimen prior to the shot, but I had dull pain up and down my arm constantly for about 3 months afterwards. When I came down with this cold/Covid/flu, the pain returned so I'm betting my lymph nodes are screwed up in my shot arm. Plus I've noticed that even though my activity level remains the same, I get winded just taking the dog for a walk. It's like I aged 10 years in 6 months.

So I really don't want to get another shot for something that is typically the same as a cold.
Unfortunately my company is stating employees need the booster to be considered vaccinated. We must prove vaccination by Feb 1 or there will be consequences, including termination. I work from home which makes it even more ridiculous.

So we'll see if they follow through with their threat. If so I guess I'll have to find work elsewhere.
I am not a Dr., and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but some of your symptoms with the arm pain, and shortness of breath sounds quite a bit like potential blood clots. The shortness of breath can be caused by clotting that has progressed into the lungs. Probably something to discuss with your Dr. sooner rather than later.

Sarge, when we get out about a year or two, and look back on the total deaths, we would expect to see a big jump, right? If we look back and see not really much difference over a several year period, will we conclude that yes indeed "you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time"?

I mean, if the hardships and dislocations are not included in our long term calculations, then we only have to consider the massive money "wasted" and opportunities lost by those not enjoying elite privileges. But if we consider all, and find that our "leadership" cost our society greatly, what will the people do?

Covidians? I like that. How about the Branch Covidians? ;)
Vax Covidians to pick up the vast middle of the population that has been "believing" that a shot is the only way out of a "pandemic" that resembles cold/flu season.

I am not a Dr., and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but some of your symptoms with the arm pain, and shortness of breath sounds quite a bit like potential blood clots. The shortness of breath can be caused by clotting that has progressed into the lungs. Probably something to discuss with your Dr. sooner rather than later.
Yep, I have an appointment on Monday to talk to him about this as well as to see if he can give me a note for not getting another shot...I was perfectly fine before this last one. 😄

Wife has had cold symptoms since Sunday. Got tested for the 'Rona yesterday and told today she is positive. Other than a stuffy nose and a little bit of a cough, no other symptoms. I'm okay so far, been popping zinc every couple hours since last night.

Wife has had cold symptoms since Sunday. Got tested for the 'Rona yesterday and told today she is positive. Other than a stuffy nose and a little bit of a cough, no other symptoms. I'm okay so far, been popping zinc every couple hours since last night.

I don't mean to thumbs up that the wife has Covid Ron, just that she's experiencing mild symptoms. Take care and keep us posted. We'd be lost without "Tales of the Undertaker" and "WTAE Weather". I think MTC just gets lost in general - but he is in New Mexico, and I've heard they make a lot of meth down there.

Tweaker :p

- Hippy

I’ve had the same for a week. Going away now. Took the shot and boosted so I saw no reason to get tested or change my daily routine. If there were anyone around that was high risk I would have stayed away from them.

I’ve had the same for a week. Going away now. Took the shot and boosted so I saw no reason to get tested or change my daily routine. If there were anyone around that was high risk I would have stayed away from them.
Wife sounds like hell but her doctor just told her rest and plenty of fluids and cold medicine.
My company's policy is that if you're vaccinated and exposed to someone with the 'Rona, you can come to work and wear a mask and get tested after 5 days, which for me won't be until tomorrow.

Felt ****** for a couple of days, like a bad cold. Took a couple of rapid tests which were negative, but who can trust any test these days. Feeling good now.

Lookin good too, I must say.

Sarge, when we get out about a year or two, and look back on the total deaths, we would expect to see a big jump, right? If we look back and see not really much difference over a several year period, will we conclude that yes indeed "you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time"?

I mean, if the hardships and dislocations are not included in our long term calculations, then we only have to consider the massive money "wasted" and opportunities lost by those not enjoying elite privileges. But if we consider all, and find that our "leadership" cost our society greatly, what will the people do?
Oh, I think we've been had. I'm certain of it. Is COVID killing people? It is. Is JUST COVID killing people? Not on the scale they want people to believe. Comorbidity has played a huge role in this mess. Add to it the admissions that if someone gets hit by a bus and dies, but tests positive for COVID, it's counted as a COVID death, and I doubt we will ever know the real cost or how much it was inflated.

I've said before, COVID is an addiction. People need this like a junky needs meth. It gives them a chance to believe that by wearing an old sock over their face that they are doing something to save the world. When the world moves past COVID, these people will be lost.

Well, the whole family here tested positive for Kung Flu. All 3 of us have had the shot and booster. My wife started with a stuffy nose about a week ago, my son and I both started having a stuffy nose on Monday. Only real symptoms we had were nasal congestion, no fever or body aches. A little bit of a cough from the decongestant our doctor recommended. Oh and I sounded like I swallowed a frog. By this morning, pretty much all 3 of us are pretty much back to normal. Nasal congestion still comes and goes for me, but if this is the worst of it then it was nothing more than a head cold. It's time for us to stop tracking this virus like it is ebola and get on with our lives, the same way we have dealt with colds/flu/bronchitis/strep throats...etc. for all eternity. It's not a matter of if you catch the new virus, it's a matter of when. Use some common sense, stay home if you are sick, but get on with your lives.

Feel pretty much fine now, well you know within reason that is. The fatigue and low grade fever I had earlier this week are gone but I still have some congestion and every once in a while I get a coughing fit but I'm good to go. I'm going to see if I can get the antibody test on Monday when I see my doc.

Last edited:
Feel pretty much fine now, well you know within reason that is. The fatigue and low grade fever I had earlier this week are gone but I still have some congestion and every once in a while I get a coughing fit but I'm good to go. I'm going to see if I can get the antibody test on Monday when I see my doc.

Good news. That congestion and coughing hangs around a while. But I am glad to hear you are doing better.

Glad you’re ok

Reactions: JMM
Wife sounds like hell but her doctor just told her rest and plenty of fluids and cold medicine.
My company's policy is that if you're vaccinated and exposed to someone with the 'Rona, you can come to work and wear a mask and get tested after 5 days, which for me won't be until tomorrow.
Went to the ER this morning to be checked out and get a test. I have the Beetus so I wanted to see a doctor. Wife said the ER was faster than the urgent care. Chest x-ray was fine, blood oxygen levels are normal. So far it's just like a bad cold. Felt okay until yesterday afternoon when I started getting chills and sinus pressure. Taking extra zinc and over the counter cold meds which the doctor said was fine. She said I'd be in worse shape if I hadn't got a vax.
My mom, age 85, got a booster the other day and she's complaining that her arm is still sore and she has a rash.

Went to the ER this morning to be checked out and get a test. I have the Beetus so I wanted to see a doctor. Wife said the ER was faster than the urgent care. Chest x-ray was fine, blood oxygen levels are normal. So far it's just like a bad cold. Felt okay until yesterday afternoon when I started getting chills and sinus pressure. Taking extra zinc and over the counter cold meds which the doctor said was fine. She said I'd be in worse shape if I hadn't got a vax.
My mom, age 85, got a booster the other day and she's complaining that her arm is still sore and she has a rash.
Glad to hear you are Ok Ron. I think they are obligated to say you'll be in worse shape if you were not vaccinated. In another five years they'll say, you'd be in a lot worse shape if you didn't get booster #36A.

FWIW, I think I did too much today. I worked outside and cleaned up after the storm, got the last of the Christmas things in and stowed. It really wasn't much in the big scheme of things but I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm ready for bed. Sheesh..