• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For the Tomlin NEVER coaches on the sideline crowd

Show me one person here with more than a couple thousand posts who's week isn't a little brighter after a win. Let's be honest.
To me Steeler football is everyday life. I am happier when they win. But it 100% does not affect me like it used to when they lose. That has nothing to do withthe current Steelers as much as it has to do with the current NFL.
I have opened my eyes to what everyone else has known forever. It is a business first. for everyone except the fans.
When the Steelers used to lose, it would ruin my whole week. couldnt watch Sports center, be on here, nothing football related. but nowadays I am over it pretty much immediately.

To me Steeler football is everyday life. I am happier when they win. But it 100% does not affect me like it used to when they lose. That has nothing to do withthe current Steelers as much as it has to do with the current NFL.
I have opened my eyes to what everyone else has known forever. It is a business first. for everyone except the fans.
When the Steelers used to lose, it would ruin my whole week. couldnt watch Sports center, be on here, nothing football related. but nowadays I am over it pretty much immediately.
I've toned it down substantially myself. And progressively more the last several years. Mostly because:
1. I saw getting ticked off for three or so days after a loss as unhealthy.
2. Living long enough gives you a certain perspective of probable outcomes and under the current leadership expectations are not that high.
That said you can certainly see here that there is a substantially different mood in the days that follow a win then a loss.
When the boys roll into Latrobe and anything is still possible..... I get excited. Like most other real life diversions it has ups and downs. A few things have been the backdrop to our family life. Music, our dog, youth football, and the Steelers. I make no apologies for any of it.

I've toned it down substantially myself. And progressively more the last several years. Mostly because:
1. I saw getting ticked off for three or so days after a loss as unhealthy.
2. Living long enough gives you a certain perspective of probable outcomes and under the current leadership expectations are not that high.
That said you can certainly see here that there is a substantially different mood in the days that follow a win then a loss.
When the boys roll into Latrobe and anything is still possible..... I get excited. Like most other real life diversions it has ups and downs. A few things have been the backdrop to our family life. Music, our dog, youth football, and the Steelers. I make no apologies for any of it.
Perspective.

And look at Pittsburgh Dad. Art particularly comedy imitates life. So is the web show about enjoying his family and friends and his wife's food. Laughing off double digit losses to the Bengals? Really?

I neither beat my wife, break objects or have health issues. But yeah there is a little more pep in the step, and as I've always said the longer the Steelers are in the Shorter the incredibly long Saskatchewan winter feels. I cannot speak for you or anyone else, but I would say my depiction is accurate for most. And again 23000 posts. People need diversions from realities of life. Not to ignore them but take mind off. I think this and the Steelers hold more importance to you then you realize.

I hope not lol.

If they lose they lose. If they win they win. What exactly is that outcome improving my quality of life. To me, the Steelers and any professional sports team for that matter are entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. I value the community aspect that pro sports creates.
Regardless of race, gender, class. Pro sports provides a means for people to actually agree on something. That’s it.

Putting a pep in my step? No. These guys are getting loads of money regardless of outcome. It’s a business. I do enjoy the community outreach some of these guys do provide throughout the year. That’s the platform that hits me emotionally the most with pro sports is helping out those less fortunate. Everything else is what the nfl is. A multi billion dollar business.

And I’ll give credit to your reply. It’s a diversion from everyday life but it’s not my main diversion. I have other hobbies throughout the week that give me more enrichment in a sense. Like I said. I value the community aspect of this forum.

I neither beat my wife, break objects or have health issues. But yeah there is a little more pep in the step, and as I've always said the longer the Steelers are in the Shorter the incredibly long Saskatchewan winter feels. I cannot speak for you or anyone else, but I would say my depiction is accurate for most. And again 23000 posts. People need diversions from realities of life. Not to ignore them but take mind off. I think this and the Steelers hold more importance to you then you realize.
A decent amount of his posts are throughout the site. But in general I would say the Steelers effect all of us in different degrees. Now me in general I can't stand losing. Even in basic this one guy got the better of me in combat drills. And I wanted to go immediately again. **** I used to throw **** during games. Yell etc. I watered it down but they can still boil my blood if I focused in too much.

Lose and it is grumpy old man Monday. Win and the week starts off great.

We just all react differently, doesn't matter if we have 10 posts on the Steelers side or 20,000.

I hope not lol.

If they lose they lose. If they win they win. What exactly is that outcome improving my quality of life. To me, the Steelers and any professional sports team for that matter are entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. I value the community aspect that pro sports creates.
Regardless of race, gender, class. Pro sports provides a means for people to actually agree on something. That’s it.

Putting a pep in my step? No. These guys are getting loads of money regardless of outcome. It’s a business. I do enjoy the community outreach some of these guys do provide throughout the year. That’s the platform that hits me emotionally the most with pro sports is helping out those less fortunate. Everything else is what the nfl is. A multi billion dollar business.

And I’ll give credit to your reply. It’s a diversion from everyday life but it’s not my main diversion. I have other hobbies throughout the week that give me more enrichment in a sense. Like I said. I value the community aspect of this forum.
As do I. Most notably biking in the summer and guitar all year round. But I will say this and not trying to be dramatic. With my oldest son things are pretty damn tough. That three hours are pretty important. Best part of our week together and one oof few things we relate to eachother.

As do I. Most notably biking in the summer and guitar all year round. But I will say this and not trying to be dramatic. With my oldest son things are pretty damn tough. That three hours are pretty important. Best part of our week together and one oof few things we relate to eachother.
Guitar. Nice!

Hope things get better with your son.

And not meaning to knock on anyone’s fandom. If the Steelers provide that outlet for you. Then keep on. We all have things that mean something to us more so than others and I respect that.

Keep on keeping on. Stay warm up north too. Those Canadian winters are no joke

Guitar. Nice!

Hope things get better with your son.

And not meaning to knock on anyone’s fandom. If the Steelers provide that outlet for you. Then keep on. We all have things that mean something to us more so than others and I respect that.

Keep on keeping on. Stay warm up north too. Those Canadian winters are no joke
Keep on yourself MTC!!! Polar vortex on its way. Not exactly sure what it is but sounds like that movie where the earth froze over.

• Wow
Reactions: MTC
Spot on post.

Sorry Coachie Man

Ya spew bs don’t get mad is someone calls ya on it

If everyone he has had contact with was of one opinion it would have to be a tragically small sample size like
Or keep lying and I’ll keep calling BS Coachie Man

If it were true, which it clearly isn’t, then that would be an even larger indictment of how average-suck Shades is
Do you feel better now???

Keep on yourself MTC!!! Polar vortex on its way. Not exactly sure what it is but sounds like that movie where the earth froze over.
I live in the desert. So any polar vortex sounds scary to me lol. I’ll drink some labatts for you this week.

🤘