• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For those of you who say racism doesn't exist. I have a few questions:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Our president stated there were 'good people on both sides' when defending the White Nationalist rally in Charlottesville, and that was after a White Nationalist mowed down anti protesters, killing one. But when the decades consistent message of police brutality, yet again is mentioned, the response is to call up the military, and attack peaceful protests.

The president states there are a lot of 'good people' on the side of White Nationalists. Name ONE good person on the side of Neo-Nazis. By saying 'people' the president is implying more than one, you just have to name one.

For those of you that say racism doesn't exist - Why does the KKK still exist, assemble, march, and work behind the scenes against all non-white races in this country? Same for Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists?

Can you name ONE person - literally, ONE - who says "racism doesn't exist"?

Further, the lie about what Trump said about "good people" and Charlottesville is just that - a lie. He referred to "good people on both sides" as to those who supported and opposed TEARING DOWN A STATUE OF ROBERT E. LEE.

Last edited:
Our president stated there were 'good people on both sides' when defending the White Nationalist rally in Charlottesville, and that was after a White Nationalist mowed down anti protesters, killing one. But when the decades consistent message of police brutality, yet again is mentioned, the response is to call up the military, and attack peaceful protests.

The president states there are a lot of 'good people' on the side of White Nationalists. Name ONE good person on the side of Neo-Nazis. By saying 'people' the president is implying more than one, you just have to name one.

For those of you that say racism doesn't exist - Why does the KKK still exist, assemble, march, and work behind the scenes against all non-white races in this country? Same for Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists?

You have lost your damn mind. Not one person here said racism doesn't exist. My God your white guilt has truly made you sick.

So now, if someone disagrees with you, there is a psychological condition attached to it? And you don't have to defend your position?

Yeah... that sounds like the liberal left these days. No discourse. No dissent. And if you do believe something different you are wrong, but not only WRONG, you have a condition.

Did Cope get a large endowment from the Southern Poverty Law Center this week? Otherwise, this thing has officially jumped the Great White Guilt Shark.

And same for communists. And child molesters. And anarchists.

You really think you can wipe out crazy by censorship? Honestly, is that what you think?

And you really stepped into it bringing up that quote from the President around these parts. First, he never did say it like that. You are taking the quote completely out of context and respewing EXACTLY what the left-leaning media told you. Which proved you aren't here with an independent thought, but are listening too much and believing too much what the media is feeding you.

Be VERY careful of that my friend. In these days of Trump Derangement Syndrome and wacky partisanship, the media is our worst enemy right now. They just have WAY too much control of the narrative. Many of us now see that but you are a little behind.

Last edited:
Is there a way to mark a thread as read without opening it?

Cope goes to one protest march, and now he is the wokest person on the internet.

tumblr_inline_pk04i5TwUn1r5jgg0_500.png

So we are naming groups. How bout them black panthers, their peace loving humans. But but but only one side is called out. Hmm

Aside from the fact that i heard that the person in the car was being attacked by "protesters" and panicked which resulted in the woman being run over.

Cope even the most hard core conservatives on here do not claim racism doesn't exist. Their will always be mentally deficient morons who gravitate towards fringe groups like you listed as well as groups on the left. Those people do not represent the bulk of this country. As far as the good people statement that has been pretty thoroughly debunked as to what he meant.

My wife has seen true racism first hand working for a nonprofit in Cincinnati. They were helping a client try and find housing, when she called she was repeatedly told they had nothing to rent. When my wife's boss picked up the phone and called the same people she was immediately offered showings and an application. The only difference was the accent, the client sounded black. That is racism clear cut. There is though a lot of things that seem like racism but upon deeper research turn out to socioeconomic in nature rather than race based as the problems cut across racial lines pretty equally based on poverty levels more than race. These are still legitimate issues to be tackled but they are not all based on race. We really have to start moving on from simply blaming hate for things that are more triggered by socioeconomic and can only be solved by tackling the true issue of poverty. I know you are certainly not a Trump fan but he was dealing with the economic side of this by having record job creation and wage growth for minorities including the black community. Something no other recent President has managed.

I applaud people who may have not been paying attention and now they are becoming aware. But don’t stop at what 1 side is telling you. I started out as a Dem and voted for Clinton because I just went by what I heard on TV with no further analysis. Over the next 4 years I started actually paying attention and learned that almost all of what the mainstream media says is either a lie or a distortion. When you get to the source you find it’s the opposite. Charlottesville is a prime example.

Ask yourself why the left is so much in favor of censorship? It’s because most of their narratives are built on lies and half truths, so if the other side gets out, it falls apart. They need complete control of the conversation.

That’s why they wanted to stop showing the Trump COVID press conferences, saying instead that you should only listen to their recap of what he said and not his actual words.

Reactions: JMM
Cope goes to one protest march, and now he is the wokest person on the internet. A shame.

Yeah, I don't know if going to a protest and then coming to a forum and lecturing everyone is a sound strategy for getting people on your side. To each his own.

And for the record, I don't personally know a soul that thinks racism doesn't exist. That assertion is silly in my view.

Racism definitely exists, way too much of it.

Too many white racists and too many black racists, etc.

And it is growing bigger by the day.

Yeah, I don't know if going to a protest and then coming to a forum and lecturing everyone is a sound strategy for getting people on your side. To each his own.

And for the record, I don't personally know a soul that thinks racism doesn't exist. That assertion is silly in my view.

I don’t know cope, but what I do know Based on this board is he is a solid dude. It got me to thinking, he rarely posts in here. Maybe I’m wrong but can’t say I’ve seen the level I do know. Maybe he is still hurt by his family loss that he posted about and this in some way is him letting loose, venting. Donno. Just guessing. Maybe he always had these thoughts, maybe it’s just him hurting and with all the bs going on ...I donno.

All I know is he is no (insert the names here).

I certainly don’t agree at all with his posts but just a ramble by drunk ICS

I have a question for Cope himself.

One of the two African Americans I've housed, fed, and gave a car to for $1...is a college athlete. Record breaking athlete at our school. This kid actually transferred to our high school and essentially prevented my oldest from becoming the starting QB. He then went off to college to play ball. Came home for the summer last year and my son says to me "Can X stay with us for a week when he comes home?" Sure I said. He'd never spent a night in our home. Was so respectful. Cleaning up after himself (unlike my sons). Mr. Please and Thank You all week. He leaves Friday. I ask my son, "Why did X stay here for a week when his parents are a mile away?" He said he didn't want them knowing he was home...just yet. Odd I thought.

Two days later my son calls me from work. Clearly Angry. "Dad....can X come back and stay with us?" Immediate answer: Of course, but why? You sound angry....

He says "X was in the car with his father. His dad finds out his girlfriend is white. He literally pulled over on the highway and kicked him out of the car and told him not to come home."

He pulled over....on a major Maryland/DC metropolitan highway, kicks the kid out. He hitch hiked back to our neighborhood. I felt so bad for the kid. He walked in the door with his usual smile on his face and said Thanks Mr. TSF. I simply said, no worries you're always welcome. I didn't ask a question of him, I knew he must feel horrible. Let him have his space.

A couple days later he goes to his home to get things he needed to stay here with us. His dad says to him, "When you get rid of that white girlfriend, you're welcome to come home." X laughed at him and said "Don't count on seeing me anytime soon."

He stayed the whole summer with us. Came back and stayed with us for Thanksgiving instead of going home. Spent Christmas with us too. He became another part of the family. Every time he shows up he takes his 250lb self and bear hugs me till I feel my old man ribs cracking.

He and his WHITE girlfriend now have an apartment as he recovers from Tommy John surgery, working to get back to the starting job on his football team. He and she both work. They come spend days with us still. Took him fishing 2 weekends ago.

Question: What form of racism is what his father did to him Cope? Woke racism? Acceptable racism? Reverse racism? Because it is racism.

I'd appreciate your new divine intellectual woke "I have protested and see the light" opinion on this issue.

Last edited:
I have a question for Cope himself.

One of the two African Americans I've housed, fed, and gave a car to for $1...is a college athlete. Record breaking athlete at our school. This kid actually transferred to our high school and essentially prevented my oldest from becoming the starting QB. He then went off to college to play ball. Came home for the summer last year and my son says to me "Can X stay with us for a week when he comes home?" Sure I said. He'd never spent a night in our home. Was so respectful. Cleaning up after himself (unlike my sons). Mr. Please and Thank You all week. He leaves Friday. I ask my son, "Why did X stay here for a week when his parents are a mile away?" He said he didn't want them knowing he was home...just yet. Odd I thought.

Two days later my son calls me from work. Clearly Angry. "Dad....can X come back and stay with us?" Immediate answer: Of course, but why? You sound angry....

He says "X was in the car with his father. His dad finds out his girlfriend is white. He literally pulled over on the highway and kicked him out of the car and told him not to come home."

He pulled over....on a major Maryland/DC metropolitan highway, kicks the kid out. He hitch hiked back to our neighborhood. I felt so bad for the kid. He walked in the door with his usual smile on his face and said Thanks Mr. TSF. I simply said, no worries you're always welcome. I didn't ask a question of him, I knew he must feel horrible. Let him have his space.

A couple days later he goes to his home to get things he needed to stay here with us. His dad says to him, "When you get rid of that white girlfriend, you're welcome to come home." X laughed at him and said "Don't count on seeing me anytime soon."

He stayed the whole summer with us. Came back and stayed with us for Thanksgiving instead of going home. Spent Christmas with us too. He became another part of the family. Every time he shows up he takes his 250lb self and bear hugs me till I feel my old man ribs cracking.

He and his WHITE girlfriend now have an apartment as he recovers from Tommy John surgery, working to get back to the starting job on his football team. He and she both work. They come spend days with us still. Took him fishing 2 weekends ago.

Question: What form of racism is what his father did to him Cope? Woke racism? Acceptable racism? Reverse racism? Because it is racism.

I'd appreciate your new divine intellectual woke "I have protested and see the light" opinion on this issue.

Sounds a little like what went down between Kobe Bryant and family in the day. They weren't happy with him marrying Vanessa. Kobe was very hurt even in the exaltation of winning a NBA title in Philly without parents attending:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/kobe-bryant-crying-sad-parents-nba-championship/

That's a really tough issue though. It really is. I look at it more as one of the thornier issues of living in this multicultural, melting pot world that everyone says is so good for us. One person's racism is another person's wanting to preserve his/her cultural identity and genetics.

I don't think it's necessarily racist for the parents to want him to marry within his race and leave his legacy in the black community so to speak.

Look at the complex case of Kobe? None of his legacy nor fortune will have any residuals in the black community. Vanessa and her next hubby will have it all. The parents weren't even acknowledged at their son's funeral. Just listening to black folks on the web, that seems to be the way they feel about athletes like Kobe and OJ.

I just think it's very complicated. I ye olde world, parents arranged marriages and the thinking was they knew their child best and what was good for him/her.

I had a black professor in college who told the class his best friend was a white attorney. He said, "but I don't want my son marrying his daughter, and vice versa." I allow for that and didn't think that was racist then or now.

Last edited:
Sounds a little like what went down between Kobe Bryant and family in the day. They weren't happy with him marrying Vanessa. Kobe was very hurt even in the exaltation of winning a NBA title in Philly without parents attending:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/kobe-bryant-crying-sad-parents-nba-championship/

That's a really tough issue though. It really is. I look at it more as one of the thornier issues of living in this multicultural, melting pot world that everyone says is so good for us. One person's racism is another person's wanting to preserve his/her cultural identity and genetics.

I don't think it's necessarily racist for the parents to want him to marry within his race and leave his legacy in the black community so to speak.

Look at the complex case of Kobe? None of his legacy nor fortune will have any residuals in the black community. Vanessa and her next hubby will have it all. The parents weren't even acknowledged at their son's funeral. Just listening to black folks on the web, that seems to be the way they feel about athletes like Kobe and OJ.

I just think it's very complicated. I ye olde world, parents arranged marriages and the thinking was they knew their child best and what was good for him/her.

I had a black professor in college who told the class his best friend was a white attorney. He said, "but I don't want my son marrying his daughter, and vice versa." I allow for that and didn't think that was racist then or now.

Except....if a white father were to kick his white son out of his car for dating a black girl...and the media caught wind of it...said father would have to move to Albania. He WOULD be called a racist. And he wouldn't be able to use the excuse that he's trying to preserve his/her cultural identity and genetics.

It would NOT go both ways.

Except....if a white father were to kick his white son out of his car for dating a black girl...and the media caught wind of it...said father would have to move to Albania. He WOULD be called a racist. And he wouldn't be able to use the excuse that he's trying to preserve his/her cultural identity and genetics.

It would NOT go both ways.

Well, there is that and we know there's naturally an elephant in room double standard!