• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For those of you who say racism doesn't exist. I have a few questions:

Oof. This has to be one of the most spectacular backfires in the history of Steeler Nation. This is a good life lesson that believing anything that CNN or MSNBC tells you and then spouting it as truth makes you look like a dummy in the end. This **** has been debunked 100 different ways since Charlottesville. Hell I didn't think hardcore lefties still believed it at this point.

I have a question for Cope himself.

One of the two African Americans I've housed, fed, and gave a car to for $1...is a college athlete. Record breaking athlete at our school. This kid actually transferred to our high school and essentially prevented my oldest from becoming the starting QB. He then went off to college to play ball. Came home for the summer last year and my son says to me "Can X stay with us for a week when he comes home?" Sure I said. He'd never spent a night in our home. Was so respectful. Cleaning up after himself (unlike my sons). Mr. Please and Thank You all week. He leaves Friday. I ask my son, "Why did X stay here for a week when his parents are a mile away?" He said he didn't want them knowing he was home...just yet. Odd I thought.

Two days later my son calls me from work. Clearly Angry. "Dad....can X come back and stay with us?" Immediate answer: Of course, but why? You sound angry....

He says "X was in the car with his father. His dad finds out his girlfriend is white. He literally pulled over on the highway and kicked him out of the car and told him not to come home."

He pulled over....on a major Maryland/DC metropolitan highway, kicks the kid out. He hitch hiked back to our neighborhood. I felt so bad for the kid. He walked in the door with his usual smile on his face and said Thanks Mr. TSF. I simply said, no worries you're always welcome. I didn't ask a question of him, I knew he must feel horrible. Let him have his space.

A couple days later he goes to his home to get things he needed to stay here with us. His dad says to him, "When you get rid of that white girlfriend, you're welcome to come home." X laughed at him and said "Don't count on seeing me anytime soon."

He stayed the whole summer with us. Came back and stayed with us for Thanksgiving instead of going home. Spent Christmas with us too. He became another part of the family. Every time he shows up he takes his 250lb self and bear hugs me till I feel my old man ribs cracking.

He and his WHITE girlfriend now have an apartment as he recovers from Tommy John surgery, working to get back to the starting job on his football team. He and she both work. They come spend days with us still. Took him fishing 2 weekends ago.

Question: What form of racism is what his father did to him Cope? Woke racism? Acceptable racism? Reverse racism? Because it is racism.

I'd appreciate your new divine intellectual woke "I have protested and see the light" opinion on this issue.

I remember this story from awhile ago. Your a good man, good family. That’s why I respect the posts you make. You make them not just on a basis of here’s my view as an X you base them on a view of I’m an X, that has experience X, and here is my thoughts facts and options of said matter.

Good for you and your fam and good for that kid that understood truth and life

I don’t know cope, but what I do know Based on this board is he is a solid dude. It got me to thinking, he rarely posts in here. Maybe I’m wrong but can’t say I’ve seen the level I do know. Maybe he is still hurt by his family loss that he posted about and this in some way is him letting loose, venting. Donno. Just guessing. Maybe he always had these thoughts, maybe it’s just him hurting and with all the bs going on ...I donno.

All I know is he is no (insert the names here).

I certainly don’t agree at all with his posts but just a ramble by drunk ICS

I have no doubt whatsoever that he means well. But this whole episode is old. I’m tired of being lectured by so-called woke liberals if you try to help, don’t try to help, speak up, stay silent. No one agrees with what happened to George Floyd. No one doubts racism exists. 99% of America was batting for the same team. Then the preaching, lecturing and virtue signaling started. You lose people that way, to where they don’t participate because of all the noise. It’s not a good strategy for unity.

Since Cope titled the thread "For those of you" who say racism doesn't exist. I think he should prove his statement. Who exactly wrote that they don't believe racism exists? I can't find that post. If not then it's just a strawman.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he means well. But this whole episode is old. I’m tired of being lectured by so-called woke liberals if you try to help, don’t try to help, speak up, stay silent. No one agrees with what happened to George Floyd. No one doubts racism exists. 99% of America was batting for the same team. Then the preaching, lecturing and virtue signaling started. You lose people that way, to where they don’t participate because of all the noise. It’s not a good strategy for unity.

Maybe. I had one too many but isn’t that the point. He has spoke of why this whole thing is bs, then opened his life to show how in real life humans it’s not. I think we are on the same page. But Tito’s is been flowing

I have a question for Cope himself.

One of the two African Americans I've housed, fed, and gave a car to for $1...is a college athlete. Record breaking athlete at our school. This kid actually transferred to our high school and essentially prevented my oldest from becoming the starting QB. He then went off to college to play ball. Came home for the summer last year and my son says to me "Can X stay with us for a week when he comes home?" Sure I said. He'd never spent a night in our home. Was so respectful. Cleaning up after himself (unlike my sons). Mr. Please and Thank You all week. He leaves Friday. I ask my son, "Why did X stay here for a week when his parents are a mile away?" He said he didn't want them knowing he was home...just yet. Odd I thought.

Two days later my son calls me from work. Clearly Angry. "Dad....can X come back and stay with us?" Immediate answer: Of course, but why? You sound angry....

He says "X was in the car with his father. His dad finds out his girlfriend is white. He literally pulled over on the highway and kicked him out of the car and told him not to come home."

He pulled over....on a major Maryland/DC metropolitan highway, kicks the kid out. He hitch hiked back to our neighborhood. I felt so bad for the kid. He walked in the door with his usual smile on his face and said Thanks Mr. TSF. I simply said, no worries you're always welcome. I didn't ask a question of him, I knew he must feel horrible. Let him have his space.

A couple days later he goes to his home to get things he needed to stay here with us. His dad says to him, "When you get rid of that white girlfriend, you're welcome to come home." X laughed at him and said "Don't count on seeing me anytime soon."

He stayed the whole summer with us. Came back and stayed with us for Thanksgiving instead of going home. Spent Christmas with us too. He became another part of the family. Every time he shows up he takes his 250lb self and bear hugs me till I feel my old man ribs cracking.

He and his WHITE girlfriend now have an apartment as he recovers from Tommy John surgery, working to get back to the starting job on his football team. He and she both work. They come spend days with us still. Took him fishing 2 weekends ago.

Question: What form of racism is what his father did to him Cope? Woke racism? Acceptable racism? Reverse racism? Because it is racism.

I'd appreciate your new divine intellectual woke "I have protested and see the light" opinion on this issue.

Wish I could add more likes to this...

Reminds me of our office staff meeting via Zoom this week where we had to denounce being White. I didn't say anything. You'd think we ******* owned a Goddamned plantation or some ******* ****. I have not owned a slave, my ancestors never owned a slave and I have many black friends. This is fn ridiculous and you, Cope, are just perpetuating the narrative. I'm very sorry for your loss but go **** your righteous self.

I'm fn tired of this bullshit. Can't people open their eyes and see they are being played?

Racism exists.

Institutional racism and unconscious bias/racism are bullshit concepts made up to stifle debate and dissenting opinion, while stirring up discontent by telling minorities they are not responsible for their actions and choices.

Kids don't be ascared of the flag in the background. Enjoy the music and the freedom. Back in the 70s it was a big FU to the Feds and those who oppressed Freedom. That's why it was and still is so scorned by those in power who want to keep you "Under their thumb".

Unfortunately the flag was hijacked by race baitors with the help of the media an an unknowing society.

Except for the scant few, it did not represent racism. Heck even back in the Civil War days most Southerners fought to preserve what was theirs, not to keep some wealthy landowner from losing his slaves. Southerners wanted powers to be kept at the state level, not the Federal level as was originally intended by our Founding Fathers. Thus "Confederate". Our Southern history has been so badly hijacked it's a freaking crime.

Is there racism in the South? Yes there is just like everywhere else. Some Whites distrust Blacks, some Blacks distrust Whites, etc, etc but it's not the majority. Most people in the South are the kindest most down to earth folks you'd ever want to meet. That's why it makes me so mad and frustrated to be deemed a racist, just because I'm white and live below the Mason Dixon line. So for those with that mindset, wake the hell up and see what's being pitched to you.

Last edited:

Kids don't be ascared of the flag in the background. Enjoy the music and the freedom. Back in the 70s it was a big FU to the Feds and those who oppressed Freedom. That's why it was and still is so scorned by those in power who want to keep you "Under their thumb".

Unfortunately the flag was hijacked by race baitors with the help of the media an an unknowing society.

Except for the scant few, it did not represent racism. Heck even back in the Civil War days most Southerners fought to preserve what was theirs, not to keep some wealthy landowner from losing his slaves. Southerners wanted powers to be kept at the state level, not the Federal level as was originally intended by our Founding Fathers. Thus "Confederate". Our Southern history has been so badly hijacked it's a freaking crime.

Is there racism in the South? Yes there is just like everywhere else. Some Whites distrust Blacks, some Blacks distrust Whites, etc, etc but it's not the majority. Most people in the South are the kindest most down to earth folks you'd ever want to meet. That's why it makes me so mad and frustrated to be deemed a racist, just because I'm white and live below the Mason Dixon line. So for those with that mindset, wake the hell up and see what's being pitched to you before its too late.

And well, we hope Neil Young will remember!

Well, I see they are now toppling statues of Columbus calling him a racist. Is it wise to piss off the Italians? Talk about an unforced error?

Well, I see they are now toppling statues of Columbus calling him a racist. Is it wise to piss off the Italians? Talk about an unforced error?

Guess they need to make room for statues of Mao, Stalin, and Castro. Go ahead, what the hell. The US had a good run. Probably lasted longer than it should have anyways. Last one out, turn off the wind powered lights

Our president stated there were 'good people on both sides' when defending the White Nationalist rally in Charlottesville, and that was after a White Nationalist mowed down anti protesters, killing one. But when the decades consistent message of police brutality, yet again is mentioned, the response is to call up the military, and attack peaceful protests.

The president states there are a lot of 'good people' on the side of White Nationalists. Name ONE good person on the side of Neo-Nazis. By saying 'people' the president is implying more than one, you just have to name one.

For those of you that say racism doesn't exist - Why does the KKK still exist, assemble, march, and work behind the scenes against all non-white races in this country? Same for Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists?

So we're operating under the premise that ALL the people who were protesting against the destruction of historic statues were Neo Nazis? Really?

You're being a child, which explains how your mind has been so thoroughly influenced after a single, isolated protest.

Why don't you spend some time reading about, and watching videos about, the recent 'peaceful' protests. Then come back and tell us about race-based hate and violence.

So we're operating under the premise that ALL the people who were protesting against the destruction of historic statues were Neo Nazis? Really?

You're being a child, which explains how your mind has been so thoroughly influenced after a single, isolated protest.

Why don't you spend some time reading about, and watching videos about, the recent 'peaceful' protests. Then come back and tell us about race-based hate and violence.

Or check out Seattle?

Over the next 4 years I started actually paying attention and learned that almost all of what the mainstream media says is either a lie or a distortion.

An oldie but goodie:

Didn't realize that had commentary after it, an oldie but goodie to :45 seconds.

It's really sad to see when you hear the backstory of the gentleman who erected that statue in Minneapolis. He also helped create the Grand Central Station for that city and his son helped him. And he did it as a thank you gesture to the city for accepting Italian immigrants in the U.S. and specifically, in the city that he loved and poured his heart and soul into.

A city that's now systemically destroying itself.

This man has a few thoughts on the matter:

It's really sad to see when you hear the backstory of the gentleman who erected that statue in Minneapolis. He also helped create the Grand Central Station for that city and his son helped him. And he did it as a thank you gesture to the city for accepting Italian immigrants in the U.S. and specifically, in the city that he loved and poured his heart and soul into.

A city that's now systemically destroying itself.

An excerpt Howard Roark's speech in "The Fountainhead." Interesting that his character was an architect and creator like the man you mention :

“The ‘common good’ of a collective—a race, a class, a state—was the claim and justification of every tyranny ever established over men. Every major horror of history was committed in the name of an altruistic motive. Has any act of selfishness ever equaled the carnage perpetrated by disciples of altruism? Does the fault lie in men’s hypocrisy or in the nature of the principle? The most dreadful butchers were the most sincere. They believed in the perfect society reached through the guillotine and the firing squad. Nobody questioned their right to murder since they were murdering for an altruistic purpose. It was accepted that man must be sacrificed for other men. Actors change, but the course of the tragedy remains the same. A humanitarian who starts with declarations of love for mankind and ends with a sea of blood. It goes on and will go on so long as men believe that an action is good if it is unselfish. That permits the altruist to act and forces his victims to bear it. The leaders of collectivist movements ask nothing for themselves. But observe the results.
“The only good which men can do to one another and the only statement of their proper relationship is—Hands off!
“Now observe the results of a society built on the principle of individualism. This, our country. The noblest country in the history of men. The country of greatest achievement, greatest prosperity, greatest freedom. This country was not based on selfless service, sacrifice, renunciation or any precept of altruism. It was based on a man’s right to the pursuit of happiness. His own happiness. Not anyone else’s. A private, personal, selfish motive. Look at the results. Look into your own conscience.
“It is an ancient conflict. Men have come close to the truth, but it was destroyed each time and one civilization fell after another. Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.
“Now, in our age, collectivism, the rule of the second-hander and second-rater, the ancient monster, has broken loose and is running amuck. It has brought men to a level of intellectual indecency never equaled on earth. It has reached a scale of horror without precedent. It has poisoned every mind. It has swallowed most of Europe. It is engulfing our country."

Last edited:
I appreciate Rand's philosophy but could not get through Atlas Shrugged. About halfway through I just got tired of being repeatedly beaten over the head with the same message. Never picked up another book by her. I'm generally impatient with books with an obvious lesson to teach.

I appreciate Rand's philosophy but could not get through Atlas Shrugged. About halfway through I just got tired of being repeatedly beaten over the head with the same message. Never picked up another book by her. I'm generally impatient with books with an obvious lesson to teach.

Good read. Nice character development, and the inevitable disaster with the train in the long tunnel was well-crafted and quite believable.

Very good lines from the book:

“Let me give you a tip on a clue to men's characters: the man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.”

“Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter.”

“So you think that money is the root of all evil? [...] Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?”

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

Exchange between Taggart and Cheryl:

“He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”
“Who?”
“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”
She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”

Obama: "You didn't build that."

Black Lives Matter: "Only blacks built anything!! Slaves built everything! That's why the South won the Civil war and why the industrial revolution took off in non-slave nations! Wait ..."

Reminds me of our office staff meeting via Zoom this week where we had to denounce being White. I didn't say anything. You'd think we ******* owned a Goddamned plantation or some ******* ****. I have not owned a slave, my ancestors never owned a slave and I have many black friends. This is fn ridiculous and you, Cope, are just perpetuating the narrative. I'm very sorry for your loss but go **** your righteous self.

I'm fn tired of this bullshit. Can't people open their eyes and see they are being played?

My family owned slaves and I don't have any black friends. What differences does it make? My family owned slaves during the CW. After the war was over they were freed. Know where they went? NOWHERE. They came and asked my great, great, great grandfather if they could stay because they had nowhere else to go. So he allowed them to stay and work like they were doing before the war started. This happened a lot in the south because some of the slave owners used slaves more as indentured workers. He never even used chains or whipped them. If they wanted to eat they had to work. His family worked the fields with them. When they had paid for some of the land he gave them their house as well.

But that's ancient history. Fact is now nobody that is alive was a slave or owned a slave. Most are several generations away from both of those. The CW ended 155 years ago. Most in the U.S don't have ties to slavery in any meaningful way. They either came later or had nothing do with it while they were here before the CW. This is just stupid.

Reminds me of our office staff meeting via Zoom this week where we had to denounce being White. I didn't say anything.

You've got to be kidding me!? Seriously? I don't even have the words.

Poor Cope - he fell for their big lie. He's currently living in Opposite land.

Perhaps one of those flash mobs of blacks can beat reality into him. They're always fun to watch :rolleyes2: