• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For you lawyers

BurghThing

Reaction score
If you have evidence of a crime against minors, photographic, sworn depositions, etc, and you do nothing with it, are you yourself a criminal and can you be charged with a crime?

Asking for a friend at ABC.

I am not a lawyer, but I would think that would be a legal problem. However, the better question to ask may be if you have evidence of a crime against minors, how could you live with yourself if you did nothing.

if this is at work, your friend may have bigger issues. If the information is about a co-worker he may well need to talk to his HR team. If it from developing a story (e.g., news), I would think he has access to lawyers at work who deal with this sort of thing.

edit: I would also add if he knows of someone, especially a kid, in immediate danger then immediate police notification would be my recommendation.

I know of a guy who claims to be a lawyer. Public Defenders laugh at his inability to grasp basic court decorum and how he continually shows up in a suit he bought on Kmart blue light special that is 3 sizes too large. He has stains on his tie from where it fell in his soup bowl. Which he, in a cost-cutting shrewd move, also uses as a hair cutting template. He does his research while face down in gutters - so as to not choke on his own vomit after he passes out. He's been disbarred more times than Epstein's touched kids and is on perma-ban by a certain judge in a certain state (which is why he fled to Arizona).

anyway ....

maybe Steeltime can help with this inquiry?

I know of a guy who claims to be a lawyer. Public Defenders laugh at his inability to grasp basic court decorum and how he continually shows up in a suit he bought on Kmart blue light special that is 3 sizes too large. He has stains on his tie from where it fell in his soup bowl. Which he, in a cost-cutting shrewd move, also uses as a hair cutting template. He does his research while face down in gutters - so as to not choke on his own vomit after he passes out. He's been disbarred more times than Epstein's touched kids and is on perma-ban by a certain judge in a certain state (which is why he fled to Arizona).

anyway ....

I love clip-on ties. And my K-mart suit may have been on sale, but it still went for $49.99, and fits pretty good. Okay, a bit snug, but who the hell thought I could not throw the thing into the washing machine when it has zero natural fibers and more oil products than Michelle Obama's strap-on?? $49.99?? That's serious money right there.

Also, how goes it with Rachael? I'm sure he, ehh, "she" is looking forward to your get-together. I know you have been practicing for several days now, dressing up, applying make-up, etc.

Finally, in response to the question

BurghThing said:
If you have evidence of a crime against minors, photographic, sworn depositions, etc, and you do nothing with it, are you yourself a criminal and can you be charged with a crime?

Generally, no. I am aware of two exceptions, neither of which would apply here:

• The person with the information is one identified by statute as a "mandatory reporter," such as a teacher, nurse, or other health care worker.
  • Or where a government agency is conducting an official investigation and formally asks for the information and the person fails to turn it over, without initial court approval for such refusal. That is commonly known as "obstruction of justice," or what used to be known as being an "accomplice after the fact."

I am not a lawyer, but I would think that would be a legal problem. However, the better question to ask may be if you have evidence of a crime against minors, how could you live with yourself if you did nothing.

If by doing nothing you are shielding a Democrat donor and/or friend of the Clintons or the Clintons themselves, that's not even a question.

If your friend has a conscience, I'd think the answer would be easy as what to do.

anyway ....

.......<video style="width: 480px; height: 360px; left: 0px; top: 0px;" alt="The Dude Your Opinion GIF" src="https://media.giphy.com/media/F3G8ymQkOkbII/giphy.mp4" poster="https://media.giphy.com/media/F3G8ymQkOkbII/giphy_s.gif" autoplay="autoplay" loop="" controls=""></video>