• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Forbes Magazine: Obama best economic president of modern times!

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Economically, President Obama’s administration has outperformed President Reagan’s in all commonly watched categories. Simultaneously the current administration has reduced the deficit, which skyrocketed under Reagan. Additionally, Obama has reduced federal employment, which grew under Reagan (especially when including military personnel,) and truly delivered a “smaller government.” Additionally, the current administration has kept inflation low, even during extreme international upheaval, failure of foreign economies (Greece) and a dramatic slowdown in the European economy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhar...performs-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

What....the.....****? I do believe that they have gone full retard.

This is for people who do not understand economics or how budgets are done. The "deficit" is the amount borrowed in a given year. So the deficit is down COMPARED to his earlier deficits during 2009-2011. But there still is a huge deficit this year. There is also a 17 TRILLION DOLLAR national debt. Which has exploded under Obama because of his stimulus spending and printing money like it is going out of style. The government employs more people per capita than at any time since the founding. Smaller government my ***. Also inflation is NOT low. They changed the way inflation is counted. Using the same metric as in the past would should huge amounts of inflation. Hell just go buy gas OR go buy groceries. Inflation is here but they don't count it.

I can say that I was a LOT better off during the Reagan years.

What....the.....****? I do believe that they have gone full retard.

"Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed..."

-Kirk Lazarus

This is for people who do not understand economics or how budgets are done. The "deficit" is the amount borrowed in a given year. So the deficit is down COMPARED to his earlier deficits during 2009-2011. But there still is a huge deficit this year. There is also a 17 TRILLION DOLLAR national debt. Which has exploded under Obama because of his stimulus spending and printing money like it is going out of style. The government employs more people per capita than at any time since the founding. Smaller government my ***. Also inflation is NOT low. They changed the way inflation is counted. Using the same metric as in the past would should huge amounts of inflation. Hell just go buy gas OR go buy groceries. Inflation is here but they don't count it.

Yep.

And the stock market figures don't count the QA funny money the Federal Reserve printed and pumped into the system nor do the unemployment stats account for the people who just quit looking for work. To see the true picture look at what the dollar bought 30 years ago and the amount of people who are on public assistance now as opposed to then.

Yep.

And the stock market figures don't count the QA funny money the Federal Reserve printed and pumped into the system nor do the unemployment stats account for the people who just quit looking for work. To see the true picture look at what the dollar bought 30 years ago and the amount of people who are on public assistance now as opposed to then.

Exactly. People don't understand what QE is all about and how it effects the markets. They also don't understand that the U.S. has the exact same number of people working as in 1979. People are oblivious to the fact that we need 300,000 jobs a month just to keep up with the graduation rate and the jobs lost over the years. 140,000 jobs a month is just horrible. Joe Biden was talking up the economy a few years ago and saying that they were expecting over 300,000 jobs a month (summer of recovery). They haven't touched that.

Anybody that thinks this president is a great economics president is either a full fledged moron or is a partisan. My guess is that the author is a partisan BHO apologist.

Anybody that thinks this president is a great economics president is either a full fledged moron or is a partisan. My guess is that the author is a partisan BHO apologist.

Contact Adam Hartung
The author is a Forbes contributor.

I'm an expert in business growth and overcoming organizational obstacles to success and a public speaker at conferences and management meetings on how to grow your organization. I'm a workshop leader for companies wanting to find their next growth engine, an author of "Create Marketplace Disruption: How to Stay Ahead of the Competition" (Financial Times Press), a contributing editor for "International Journal of Innovation Science" and a leadership columnist for CIOMagazine and ComputerWorld. I am a former head of business development for Pepsico and Dupont, consultant with The Boston Consulting Group and am currently Managing Partner for Spark Partners. * * *

Adam Hartung’s 20 plus years of experience developing and implementing successful business strategies to take advantage of emerging markets has made him a worldwide leading speaker on business growth. As a Fellow of National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and as the No. 1 Leadership columnist for Forbes.com since 2009, Adam has been featured in publications such as Rolling Stone Magazine, The Week and BBC Television for his bold market predictions that have all came true. Through a rich collection of case studies and stories, Adam can show your organization how to develop new business, create new products and seize hidden marketplace opportunities.

Contact Adam Hartung

I'm an expert in business growth and overcoming organizational obstacles to success and a public speaker at conferences and management meetings on how to grow your organization. I'm a workshop leader for companies wanting to find their next growth engine, an author of "Create Marketplace Disruption: How to Stay Ahead of the Competition" (Financial Times Press), a contributing editor for "International Journal of Innovation Science" and a leadership columnist for CIOMagazine and ComputerWorld. I am a former head of business development for Pepsico and Dupont, consultant with The Boston Consulting Group and am currently Managing Partner for Spark Partners. * * *

Adam Hartung’s 20 plus years of experience developing and implementing successful business strategies to take advantage of emerging markets has made him a worldwide leading speaker on business growth. As a Fellow of National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and as the No. 1 Leadership columnist for Forbes.com since 2009, Adam has been featured in publications such as Rolling Stone Magazine, The Week and BBC Television for his bold market predictions that have all came true. Through a rich collection of case studies and stories, Adam can show your organization how to develop new business, create new products and seize hidden marketplace opportunities.

Yeah he sounds like quite the communist.....lol This is all old news as far as Obama's performance so far. To see it in Forbes though gave me quite a chuckle, Reich Wing heads exploding everywhere, combine this article with the fact that states who have raised the minimum wage have economies that are booming and you see all the lies the GOP tell us daily start to melt away.

Don't forget the ACA... Oh the sky is falling! Nope.

Your party and it's despicable hatred of the poor and the working poor are the joke, America is tired of being their punchline.

Yup. That's why polls are showing the Dems about to be voted out. People sick of that Republican punch line.

They also don't understand that the U.S. has the exact same number of people working as in 1979.

Where I live it's a hell of a lot less than in 1979. The price of eggs has tripled and gas has doubled since Bomma's election btw.

Contact Adam Hartung

Doesn't mention his political views however. You can be a genius and still be a partisan. His article is very misleading because he leaves out variables that every economist in the world would use. He knows that saying the deficit is low is misleading. He knows that he is judging it based on 2009 spending. Everyone knows it. Any deficit spending is spending money you don't have. Even ONE dime of it. Having lower deficit spending isn't a big deal. Just like the Clinton lie about having a surplus. There was NO surplus because the government still owed TRILLIONS of dollars. It's ******* stupid. I took economics in college and this is total bullshit. They've changed the way they rate things over the years to make things look better. REAL unemployment is around 12% or higher. Real inflation is probably over 5%. Gas, electricity, oil, food etc... has exploded over the past few years. But yet "inflation" is in check. Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

Just like the Clinton lie about having a surplus. There was NO surplus because the government still owed TRILLIONS of dollars. It's ******* stupid. I took economics in college and this is total bullshit. They've changed the way they rate things over the years to make things look better. REAL unemployment is around 12% or higher. Real inflation is probably over 5%. Gas, electricity, oil, food etc... has exploded over the past few years. But yet "inflation" is in check. Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

Not to worry, as soon as we elect a Republican President they'll get back to using the real numbers right quick. At least until the real numbers start to look good.

Breaking news: Barack Obama is the best President the USA has had in the last six years.

Breaking news: Barack Obama is the best President the USA has had in the last six years.

I give all the credit to Joe Biden. The man has been a valuable source of comic relief in an otherwise boring, lethargic WH. This President is showing signs of fatigue, and seeks refuge on the golf course. The man who energized an electorate has been reduced to a burnt bulb of a man.

Your party and it's despicable hatred of the poor and the working poor are the joke, America is tired of being their punchline.
I think you are confusing me for a democrat. I am a conservative.

Bomma has given me a huge tax cut. I own a small business and make a lot less money than I did 7 years ago, therefore I pay a lot less taxes too.
Shoot, Bomma even cut my state taxes because I send the state a hell of a lot less sales tax than I use to too. Your sales are 60% of what they used to be then you send the state 60% less sales tax.
Livin' large thanks to Bomma.

Bomma has given me a huge tax cut. I own a small business and make a lot less money than I did 7 years ago, therefore I pay a lot less taxes too.
Shoot, Bomma even cut my state taxes because I send the state a hell of a lot less sales tax than I use to too. Your sales are 60% of what they used to be then you send the state 60% less sales tax.
Livin' large thanks to Bomma.
You one percenters are always complaining about something.

You one percenters are always complaining about something.
Yeah after he refuses to pay his employees a living wage.
Communists, all of you.

There are two reasons why Democrats rarely own businesses. 1) They like being dependent on someone else and 2) when a Democrat starts a business and writes their own checks with real money to the government, they don't usually stay Democrats for very long.

Last edited:

I'd say the democrats have harmed the poor and the working poor by all of the handouts they have given out on the backs of the middle class. If they really cared, they would be more interested in getting them jobs and making it MORE uncomfortable to be on public support. If anything, this president has done everything he can to keep the poor down so that he and his democratic cronies can more readily earn their votes because he/his party is their gravy train...albeit a poor life gravy train.

Last edited: