• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Free agency news thread

Darren Waller , Raiders star TE just traded to the Giants for a 3rd rounder.

Nice weapon to have. When healthy

Herbig is only 24 and was undrafted out of Standford. He started allot of games for the Eagles from 2019 through 2021 and last year for the Jets. He predominantly played right guard but played allot of left guard and some center. Big guy, supposedly nasty, given up only 4 sacks and seven qb hurries in 27 nfl starts not to mention other games played but didn't start. I believe Dotson who is 26 gave up four sacks this past season plus the amount of penalties that Herbig has in his career.

I like this signing.

This one is big. Good sign. Edmunds is gone.
Hope not. Bring them both back and we only need one backup at safety and he may be on the roster. I would love to have eliminated a position from need in the first four rounds.

Yes, and I wish they did address it in ufa.. but I definitely am getting the vibe that ILB is going to be our pick at 17, despite the position being almost as bad to draft high as RB is…

Look at our current positions
QB,TE, RB, OLB, Are all positions that at best we are looking for low end depth at so they are all out as a 1st round pick target
S might be included in that group if they resign either Kazee or Edmunds..

Then you have tge Dline, where you are looking at an upgrade to Adams and maybe a starter at DE depending on how you think they feel about Leal and Loudermilks development… they were filthy in young DL prospects last year… if they think a few are ready, this goes from a need to a luxury in their mind…

All of us want them to address the Oline, but they can absolutely argue that the young guys we’re making progress and were ok by seasons end…

Moreover OT, where they are weakest, as well as the DL are both incredibly deep in this draft… they may be targeting a later pick already for these positions

Then you look at CB… if they resign pierre it’s possible they feel comfortable with the top four where they are at…

Now look at ILB… at a position that we often carry six, we have two guys on the roster right now… bare also in mind that mike Tomlin loves drafting first round lbs…he has drafted six in his time here3 olbs and 3ilbs… contrast that with bill cowher who drafted absolutely none in the first round… or our entire history where ( outside of Tomlins era) we drafted a grand total of three guys in the first to play lb… one true lb and two DEs we tried to convert…

My guess is without additional movement we target an ILB with 17 and this board riots
I don't think outside of Will Anderson there is a LB that is considered a first-round pick, is there? I know Anderson is an OLB. I really don't see anybody else that is worthy of a pick at 17.

Herbigs little brother is an ILB for Wisconsin that could be a look in mid rounds …

I knew that name looked familiar. I think I mocked him to us once in the 7th round.
A bit undersized for an edge and unsure if he can slide over to ILB. Interesting prospect either way.

Still some ILBs out there

Bobby Wagner
Lavonte David
Drue Tranquill

The Steelers opened the checkbook for that one. DL need in the draft just went down to the 3rd round or less.

Cam, Larry O, Leal, mother's milk, adams
Seems like a lot for Larry O.
Am I wrong?

Reactions: xjx
Seems like a lot for Larry O.
Am I wrong?
Trenches you have to dish out some money . But he was still a decent price looking around...

Still some ILBs out there

Bobby Wagner
Lavonte David
Drue Tranquill
Agree that out of the three, Tranquill makes the most sense. Had a 4.56 forty, decent 3 cone and benched over 30 reps. I understand it's the play on the field that counts but it does show he's pretty quick with good upper body strength and he's much younger than the other two. He played pretty well in the games I watched and we obviously now need someone who can start regardless of the draft.