• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Free speech applies only to people saying the right things.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Remember Jim DeMint, well he is now the President of the Heritage Foundation and his latest article attacks one of my pet peeves.......academic censorship.

Recently, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) released a report determining that most U.S. colleges now violate free speech rights.

This applies both to students and those who are allowed to address them. As you know, a few months ago, Scripps College disinvited political and cultural commentator George Will from giving a lecture as part of its Elizabeth Hubert Malott Public Affairs Program.

Will’s “sin” was simply failure to toe the progressive line regarding statistics and rhetoric about sexual assault on campus. So instead of engaging with him or debating him, Scripps wouldn’t let him speak.

That is the cause and the purpose of this phenomenon: Academic censorship, political correctness, saying who has the right to speak on a topic and who does not, bullying those who break the taboos of this new cultural Marxism—it all adds up to a means of control.

Control who gets to speak, and you control the debate. Control the debate, and you control how people think. Control how people think, and you control society.

After all, the easiest way to win an argument is to tape your opponent’s mouth shut. Too many educators today think this is a good idea. They think that their own righteousness sanctifies these tactics.
http://click.heritage.org/VjHQ000soa0T300Me4TWAr0

you can't say "climate change" in any Florida govt building or something equally stupid.

I wouldn't let "I'm really not a CIA paid employee" George Will speak either, considering he's a parrot dressed like an idiot.

our whackadoodle State Govt has banned the use of the term "climate change" in all official proceedings.

I wouldn't let "I'm really not a CIA paid employee" George Will speak either, considering he's a parrot dressed like an idiot.
Well put. Brian " Never let the facts get in the way" Williams, he ain't.

our whackadoodle State Govt has banned the use of the term "climate change" in all official proceedings.

Wow, I didn't know that. Good for the whackadoodles, 'bout time they stood up to them climate cultists.

I did see this pic that tells me that Schumer is one of the examples of why term limits are needed.

f9oYeiJ.jpg

not necessarily

California Forced To Allow Signatures For 'Shoot The Gays' Ballot Initiative

It doesn't matter that a California lawyer's outrageous Sodomite Suppression Act ballot initiative proposes executing gays with "bullets to the head, California Attorney General Kamala Harris is forced to allow the measure to circulate for signatures, legal experts said.

The initiative mandates 10 years in prison and permanent expulsion from California for anyone who advocates gay rights to minors

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/23/california-anti-gay-bill_n_6927464.html

My company just gave us a HR learning program about harassment... pretty much don't talk to anyone, don't interact with anyone even outside of work... someone might misconstrue what you are saying and take offense and you will get fired for it... no lie... it was brutal. Among the finer points, if an older person (cannot call them older, by the way... that's ageism) got a prestigious position, you couldn't comment that his or her experience will serve them well, because "experience" can be taken as a term for older, and he or she may take offense to that. also if you are friends with someone out of work, and were talking about surgery on a part of your body, somehow someone might overhear that and feel harassed... its a victim society...

So I can sue those ******** at the Club who keep calling me old, fat, ugly and stupid ?

ugly1.jpg

My company just gave us a HR learning program about harassment... pretty much don't talk to anyone, don't interact with anyone even outside of work... someone might misconstrue what you are saying and take offense and you will get fired for it... no lie... it was brutal. Among the finer points, if an older person (cannot call them older, by the way... that's ageism) got a prestigious position, you couldn't comment that his or her experience will serve them well, because "experience" can be taken as a term for older, and he or she may take offense to that. also if you are friends with someone out of work, and were talking about surgery on a part of your body, somehow someone might overhear that and feel harassed... its a victim society...

Yep, same thing I had to go through last week. An hour video then a series of about 20 questions that had to be answered "correctly" in order to get credit for the required class. Basically the correct response in each case was to pick the one that reflected everyone is offended. Don't look, don't touch, and keep your mouth shut. The 2 years before retirement can't come soon enough.

Pass. Burgundy might hit it though.

She does have blow job lips, I'll give her that.

We had a secretary, err personal assistant that used to wear skin tight dresses and 6" platform heels. Like a stripper first taking the stage. Somebody complained and she had to be told to wear more appropriate attire. All the men were like "this is bullshit!". I argued her attire was good for morale.

you can't say "climate change" in any Florida govt building or something equally stupid.

What's the official term then? I say they go with "Hip Wader Fashion Season"

fla-flood-638x433.jpg

You promised us here at SN that you would never broach this subject again.

Liar.

Would anyone, EVER, take ElSharpton as a person of her word? That her word means something? Her words mean nothing to those of us here. Just like every other piece of drivel she posts, so too was that "promise."

You promised us here at SN that you would never broach this subject again.

Liar.

I said I would never discuss it with "you Clowns again", remember?

I don't consider USDA part of the clown category.

Reading comprehension; try it you'll like it.

I said I would never discuss it with "you Clowns again", remember?

Right, and you do so by posting on the same tired, irrelevant, disproved topic on this forum YET ******* AGAIN.

Enough with your elfing lies, you elfer. You realize that you are contributing to global-warming-climate-change-whatever-the-hell-it's-called-today by having your pants aflame.

Reading comprehension; try it you'll like it.

60872882.jpg

Last edited:
Why College Campuses Have Become Insufferable, In Two Minutes

Remember when college and graduate school campuses were supposed bastions for freedom of thought?