• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

From the mouths of babes...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a kid who's doing the weird college thing right now. That means lots of online classes and social media connections.

Anyway he (the kid) is in a "social communication" class (IE, learn to love people who don't know what gender they are).

Anyway they are talking about racial appropriation. This section of the class follows a long series of discussions on how white people have systematically subjugated every living thing on the planet and are essentially a scourge. The kid pointed out that during these discussions it came out that ignorant white people came up with the dreaded "N" word to dehumanize African slaves. But, heroically, black culture has made the word a "multi-leveled tool of empowerment." (Honest to God, that's what the kid said they said.

Moving forward, now in the racial/cultural appropriation segment of the class, the kid decides to offer up a fairly controversial, but logically grounded question. "If white people came up with the word Nigger, and had their own specific meaning and connotation attached, isn't it cultural appropriation that African Americans have commandeered the word and gone so far as to claim it as an exclusive word for their own culture?

The teacher apparently had to shut down the class. Kid's getting death threats, it's priceless.

Fact: white people are a scourge to humanity.

Except for the bicycle, motorcycles, motorized transportation in general, electricity, modern medicine, x-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, vaccines, ending smallpox and polio, air travel, space travel, the telephone, cell phones, home computers, the internet, calculus, modern math, steel, modern engineering, skyscrapers, trains, mass transit, private transit, scotch tape, post-it notes, affordable pencils, pens, modern highways, large bridges, modern dams, hydroelectric power, power lines, radio, television, movies, movable type, modern printing, food preservation, etc.

Other than those things, I mean.

I really, really wish I was in that class. To learn about the evils of white people, I mean.

They conveniently leave out the other cultures that did the same stuff and are still doing the same things to this day. Slavery, war for conquest and plunder and on and on is still happening in Africa and Asia right now.

Fact: white people are a scourge to humanity.

Except for the bicycle, motorcycles, motorized transportation in general, electricity, modern medicine, x-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, vaccines, ending smallpox and polio, air travel, space travel, the telephone, cell phones, home computers, the internet, calculus, modern math, steel, modern engineering, skyscrapers, trains, mass transit, private transit, scotch tape, post-it notes, affordable pencils, pens, modern highways, large bridges, modern dams, hydroelectric power, power lines, radio, television, movies, movable type, modern printing, food preservation, etc.

Other than those things, I mean.

I really, really wish I was in that class. To learn about the evils of white people, I mean.

Last but not least...

Basketball

basket.jpg

This is why multiculturalism fails every time. Races are never going to get out of each others way. It's been this way for thousands of years. This is never going to end until "Whitey" is gone or "Whitey" decides not to be a *****.

I get so offended when I see black women with straight, long hair.

Outrageous!

When I worked at a bank a few years ago, I was told by my supervisor that my hair was unprofessional. It’s naturally curly and in the summer, it’s REALLY curly. I told them there was nothing I could do about it and I was told to wear dressy clips or barrettes to make it look nicer.

I bet they would NEVET day that to an African American woman...

When I worked at a bank a few years ago, I was told by my supervisor that my hair was unprofessional. It’s naturally curly and in the summer, it’s REALLY curly. I told them there was nothing I could do about it and I was told to wear dressy clips or barrettes to make it look nicer.

I bet they would NEVET day that to an African American woman...

You should have put it in corn rows.

Didn’t she come out as gay too??? Going for all the minority special interests in one swoop!!