• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fuhrer Wolf has been defanged

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Glad to see Tyranny squashed in true Democratic fashion. WIN!!

Pennsylvania voters became the first in the nation to curb their governor’s emergency powers, approving constitutional amendments proposed by Republican lawmakers angry over Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf’s handling of the COVID-19 outbreak.

The vote on Tuesday's statewide primary ballot came as Republican lawmakers across the country have sought to roll back the emergency powers governors wielded during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Republicans see the referendum as a victory with strong political overtones, as the state gears up for a wide-open governor's race in 2022 and Wolf leaving office after two terms.

Republicans in the state Legislature and those aiming to replace him in 2023 have made Wolf their top political target, repeatedly attacking his stewardship during the pandemic, including his orders shuttering businesses, sending students home for online schooling and ordering masks worn outside the home.

“Last night, Pennsylvanians voted to reject Democrat Gov. Tom Wolf’s overreach of executive powers after his failed COVID response — a clear sign of accountability coming in 2022,” Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel tweeted Wednesday morning.

The two questions led with almost 54% of the vote, with 75% of precincts reporting. More than 2 million ballots were cast, still less than a quarter of the state's 8.7 million registered voters.

Better late than never.

Better late than never.
This was the fastest they could do anything and the legislature's only course of action. They have passed measures to end it but the GOP does not have a 2/3 majority to override the guv's vetoes.

Good! They shouldn't become all powerful dictators for over a ******* year. Which is nuts. They never want to give that power&control up when they have it. So you've seen this **** dragged out over a YEAR!

Two weeks to flatten the curve my ***. They should all get ZERO pay when this happens. Just like the citizens they completed ****** hard with no lube or even a kiss.

The **** thing is they worded it in such a way that you would think no was the right response.

This was the fastest they could do anything and the legislature's only course of action. They have passed measures to end it but the GOP does not have a 2/3 majority to override the guv's vetoes.
From what I understand, the Governor cannot veto a ballot initiative. This is a straight democratic process and an edict from the people directly and not by representative measures.

From what I understand, the Governor cannot veto a ballot initiative. This is a straight democratic process and an edict from the people directly and not by representative measures.
Correct. It was not a straight ballot initiative to end emergency powers, there were two ballot initiatives to amend the state constitution. Amendments have to be passed by two consecutive sessions of the state legislature, which they were, in August and in January, in order to appear on the ballot for the citizens to vote on. Amendment 1 gives the state assembly the power to end a governor's emergency declaration by a majority vote. Amendment 2 limits the governor's emergency declarations to 21 days and extensions must be voted on by the state assembly.

Currently the governor's emergency declarations can be as long as 90 days and there is no limit on him renewing them. Both the state house and state senate have Republican majorities but they do not have a 2/3 majority to override the governor's vetoes.

This won't take effect immediately. Originally I was told it would take until the end of this year but more recently I read it could be as soon as the end of June.

Glad to see you all were able to right the ship. We're still floundering. I'd bet Dominion will put McAuliffe back in the Gov mansion come November and we'll continue to be under the heel of gov't.

Wolfe extended the disaster declaration again today just as a last **** you to his subjects before the amendment takes effect

Wolfe extended the disaster declaration again today just as a last **** you to his subjects before the amendment takes effect
Of course he did, The election can't get here quickly enough. But then again, we haven't had a great Governor in decades.