• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..............@ Bungles.....

The entire defensive line came to play as well. Great to see Alualu back and Adams rotating in along with everyone else really put a damper on Cincinnati's run game. Mixon averaged a little more than 3 yards a carry not to mention the pressure on Burrows. Containment broke down on occasion but that's going to happen especially when your on the field all day in heavy humidity. Hats off to their effort out there.

I would not blame the poor offensive play on Mitch. He didn't have a TO and his WRs didn't make it easy on him nor did Oh Canada...

I'm more concerned about all the injuries...
Relax .........next man up .......... the standard is the standard ....... and all that jazz

A good BJ can make you forget an injured TJ .........Whattttttttttttttt ? well maybe not

Like the post a lot. Still not sure how we put this on Mitch vs Canada though. But hey, disagreement is the spice of life. Or something like that. Thanks for taking the time to put a nice post together. Get a like from me even if you are an unreasonable Mitch hater. LOL. J/K!
I think a few more games will reveal how much is Mitch and how much is Canada.

It doesn't appear that Matt Canadas' magic pre snap motion is doing anything good. It looks just like last year. We can't control clock.

Personally I’d rather lose the first three games of the season than lose Watt for the year. This is by far the worst outcome that could have happened if his pec is torn as expected. He keeps us in almost every game and is just so fun to watch. ****!!!!

I mean we have to do something about that line… no push at all… these guys aren’t undersized or anything.. they just are not moving guys… i think we may have made a giant mistake not bringing much back

Watt’s injury overshadows everything else

Outside of tgat it sucks that Cleveland got the last second win… on the flip side Lamar Jackson wants a contract somewhere over 250 million guaranteed… that is beautiful

Game ball Mitch drove us in position for over time win. For some reason when he did have time to throw where was these great receivers that could get open compared to Cincy receivers.
Defense as a hole did not give up even being tired at the end and lack of aggressive tackling they stayed in there.
Boswell what can you say win.

Goat

Canada with game plan that looked a lot as last year
Offensive line... no blocking at all for a running game even though Harris did not look into the game at all.
Refs that called not one holding call on Cincy. Called how many flags in the last few minutes of game.

Anyone see the tic tok of Tomlin doing the AB dance in the locker room after the game with the guys… yeah they seem happy…

Like the post a lot. Still not sure how we put this on Mitch vs Canada though. But hey, disagreement is the spice of life. Or something like that. Thanks for taking the time to put a nice post together. Get a like from me even if you are an unreasonable Mitch hater. LOL. J/K!
Canada didn’t miss the throws, but that doesn’t absolve his piss poor play calling.

I think people are forgetting that we just beat the superbowl runner up. By all accounts we should have been run over, but somehow squeaked out a win. The Bengals D was good last year and they have one of the most loaded offenses. For us to go into their place w/o Ben and a crap oline and win is impressive. It was ugly, but we shouldnt read too much into it. What do you think Bengals fans are thinking right now?

"late throws to his receivers, poor timing, bad accuracy and to say he looked average at best is an overstatement"

How to say the OL sucks without actually saying it.

We had 5 turnovers and Cincinnati wins time of possession in a big way. I'm glad we won. This offense is in trouble.

We had 5 turnovers and Cincinnati wins time of possession in a big way. I'm glad we won. This offense is in trouble.
Without 5 turnovers,7 sacks and a blocked extra point, this offense gets a few field goals at best.

That OL couldn't block an angry girlscout troop.

UNBELIEABLE! I don't know about anyone else but I'm completely spent and it's only week 1! I'll start by saying "DO NOT BLAME THAT GAME ON THE DEFENSE". Absolutely incredibly gutsy performanceby the Steelers Defense. 5 turnovers, 7 sacks! The entire Defense played at a high level the entire game despite being on the field for almost 44 minutes! I know the Steelers won this game but I don't know about anyone else but I've seen more Mitch Trubisky in a Steelers uniform than I ever want to see. HE SUCKS! CASE CLOSED! In the immortal words of Dennis Green "HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS". He's not even in the same class a Neil O'Donnell, a sub-par game manager at best! He will get B00'ed out of Acrisure Stadium next Sunday vs New England.......you will hear chants of "KENNY, KENNY, KENNY". This win comes very costly to our Steelers as we lost two of our best players on both sides of the football......I'm talking about TJ Watt & Najee Harris. Max Starks said he heard reports of Watt coming off the field telling Coach T that is was torn! MRI tomorrow for Watt! I think Najee aggrevated his foot injury (LisFranc) I just hope it's not too severe....a Grade 2 could keep him out 8+ week....a grade 3 and he's done for the season. I expect TJ Watt to be done for the season with a Torn Pec. One glaring weakness today was Time of Posession....Bengals had the ball 43:43 and the Steelers for 26:17. That is not something any team Defense can continue to endure throughout the season and it was exacerbated by the inability of Trubisky and the Steelers offense to convert 3rd downs in the game going 4 for 15. Trubisky didn't look any different today than he did during his time in Chicago.....late throws to his receivers, poor timing, bad accuracy and to say he looked average at best is an overstatement. This is Kenny Pickett's team and time....he should be our starter without question! He can't be any worse than Trubisky! The only question I have on my mind right now after this game is do you put Watt on IR for the season and end it with surgery or do you see if he can return from the Torn Pec the second half of the season. JJ Watt returned from a torn pec after just 8 weeks when he was on the Texans. I can only hope TJ can return before the end of the season. In closing we saw a one dimensional pathetic offensive performance with no running game to speak of barely squeek one out against the AFC Champsions last season who were swarmed under by a Steelers Defense who created 5 turnovers, 7 sacks and was on the football field for almost 44 minutes while Cincy had the football. I'll enjoy this one for 24 hours and look forward to New England next week at home. I can already hear the chants "KENNY, KENNY, KENNY"

TJ Watt - Upper Body Injury
Najee Harris - Foot Injury
Levi Wallace - Ankle injury
Robert Spillane - Eye injury

Game Balls:
Minkah Fitzpatrick - This guy was all over the field today 14 tackles, INT, TD, 2 PD and blocked the Extra Point at the end of the game to force OT.
TJ Watt - 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 PD......I hoper his Pec isn't torn but it sure as hell didn't look good. If he's done for the season it's a HUGE loss!
Ahkello Witherspoon - 8 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PD....nice open field tackle on Joe Mixon on 3rd down twice to force a punt!
Alex Highsmith - 9 tackles, 3 sacks
Cam Sutton - 3 tackles, 1 INT 2 PD
Pat Friermuth - 5 rec 75yds key catch on the game winning drive on a Free Play due to Defensive Offsides call
Pressley Harvin - 8 Punts 48.5yd average....60 yd long.....His best game punting as a Steeler
Terryl Austin - Giving him a game ball for a great Defensive scheme vs a High Powered Bungles Offense!
Chris Boswell - Game winning 51 yd FG as time expired in OT for the win! CLUTCH!

Game Goats:
Mitch Trubisky - This guy is just a guy! Nothing Special....IMO he's HOT GARBAGE! 4 for 15 on 3rd down conversions is not something I want to see week in, week out. It's all on Mitch & the Offense!
Mike Tomlin - Giving him a Game Goat for starting Mitch Trubisky....when you are +5 on Turnovers it shouldn't even be close unless your offense is incompetent! It's KENNY PICKETT TIME!

FU's:
Zebras - FU for some really ****** *** penaties down the stretch to keep the Bungles in the game on that Final Drive! Don't ever try to convince me the NFL Officiating isn't RIGGED to keep games close, viewers interested and advertisers enticed to spend their earnings during crunch time!

I agree. If we didn't get +5 turnovers we'd lose the game. Tomlin risking Harris in a the last pre-season game when the injury take 4-6 week to recover was a dumb move ( he hurt his foot again ) and he also should have taken control and run out the clock yesterday...but he didn't opting to pass and keeping a lot of seconds on the clock.

# **** for brains!

Good picks for game balls.

I agree. If we didn't get +5 turnovers we'd lose the game. Tomlin risking Harris in a the last pre-season game when the injury take 4-6 week to recover was a dumb move ( he hurt his foot again ) and he also should have taken control and run out the clock yesterday...but he didn't opting to pass and keeping a lot of seconds on the clock.

# **** for brains!

Oh look another Tomlin diss comment. BTW we won the game let us blame Tomlin for that too.

# **** for brains!

I bet fans from other teams are saying "If we didn't get 5 touchdowns we loose that game".

I've never been a Trubisky fan. He looks exactly like he did in Chicago. Poor timing throwing to his receivers...balls arriving late. His decision making is poor, His ability to read Defenses pre-snap is bad and his accuracy is also not good. There is very little positive that Trubisky brings to the table. He's just not good!

He also had afew times a running lane had he tucked the ball down and took off,.................... but didn't.

Salute the nation

I think people are forgetting that we just beat the superbowl runner up. By all accounts we should have been run over, but somehow squeaked out a win. The Bengals D was good last year and they have one of the most loaded offenses. For us to go into their place w/o Ben and a crap oline and win is impressive. It was ugly, but we shouldnt read too much into it. What do you think Bengals fans are thinking right now?

I think the Bungles fans are thinking how the "refs" ****-ed them over..........................

Salute the nation